Grow Mediums Pot size/type

Reaction score
Hi guys, just done my first grow in 120x120 (4x4ft) tent. I did 4x autos (fast and Vast) and there was loads of room left in tent. These were in 22 litre air pots which might be too big. Was thinking of doing 6 plants this time, maybe 7 I’ll see what I can propagate as lost a lot. Could I get away with just getting a couple more 22 litre pots or would you guys recommend something different? Obviously was hoping to utilise the 4 I have but if it’s going to pay off would consider getting all new. Air pots are quite expensive where I am. Thanks

15 litre airpots is what must people use, maybe check out an autopot system, a 4 pot setup will fill a 4x4 tent no problem!

630D3EA4-AEAA-43AB-8BB6-C79A0F0D137A.jpeg
15 litre airpots is what must people use, maybe check out an autopot system, a 4 pot setup will fill a 4x4 tent no problem!
Thanks Scally, do you think my plants didn’t grow as big as they should then? I assumed I needed more next time. You think I should do another 4 using same pots? I have attached picture.

View attachment 1011140
Thanks Scally, do you think my plants didn’t grow as big as they should then? I assumed I needed more next time. You think I should do another 4 using same pots? I have attached picture.
The thing I've learned is they can always get bigger but them plants look good,you can raise the base a couple of notches higher in a pot or 2 if you want and see if it makes a difference.

The thing I've learned is they can always get bigger but them plants look good,you can raise the base a couple of notches higher in a pot or 2 if you want and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks that’s good advice. By the way, you say that 4 plants should fill the tent do you mean 4 autos? My fast and fast weren’t that fast or vast, they only got to about 65cm tall! I could easily of had 6 of those, maybe I did a crap job and that’s why they were small?

Thanks that’s good advice. By the way, you say that 4 plants should fill the tent do you mean 4 autos? My fast and fast weren’t that fast or vast, they only got to about 65cm tall! I could easily of had 6 of those, maybe I did a crap job and that’s why they were small?
I've never grown that strain I don't know anything about it to be honest, I mostly grow Dinafem stuff now and 4 of their autos will fill a tent quick I've had problems with them getting too big over 7ft sometimes and my tent is only 7ft!

22EC5C9E-559C-4E99-9B43-60FE85E46440.jpeg C35986FE-B47A-4F98-9970-292398333AE4.jpeg Oh right, you got me thinking now. You know anything about seeds? I’ve just a post about one with 2 stems in the infirmary. Ever seem that?!
I've never grown that strain I don't know anything about it to be honest, I mostly grow Dinafem stuff now and 4 of their autos will fill a tent quick I've had problems with them getting too big over 7ft sometimes and my tent is only 7ft!
ght

Some strains stay on the smaller size. I'm using four 15L autopots in my 4x4 and do different strains. You can see some are smaller then others but they do fill out the complete tent. Pics from 2 separate grows.
20180723_131857.jpg
20181104_165850.jpg

Back