Indoor Pop22's Continual Autoflower Tent

I have a worm bin with compost worms in it, red wigglers. Most of the worms that show up in my pots come from eggs in the EWC I use I often find a dozen or more.

How many worms do you put in a pot? I usually have plenty in the yard that could find a new home!

I bought a pound of red wigglers 3 years ago, that about 1000 worms. I keep a small bin in the autoflower tent. I had two bins, then a large outdoor bin. I've dumped the extra bins into my raised beds and now they are loaded with them! I'm doing no till in the raised beds this years and feeding food scraps right into the beds, along with canna leaves and stalks, etc. The auto pots in the autoflower tent are no till now. I just cut the old stump out and planted the seedlings in the hole.

I bought a pound of red wigglers 3 years ago, that about 1000 worms. I keep a small bin in the autoflower tent. I had two bins, then a large outdoor bin. I've dumped the extra bins into my raised beds and now they are loaded with them! I'm doing no till in the raised beds this years and feeding food scraps right into the beds, along with canna leaves and stalks, etc. The auto pots in the autoflower tent are no till now. I just cut the old stump out and planted the seedlings in the hole.
I have worms everywhere I put a shovel in the yard so I was just going to get a couple and put them in a pot with the plant if it would help. I have been using diatomaceous earth lately due to bugs. Not sure how that would work.

DE is good stuff! once it gets wet though, its no longer effective. Its however a good nutrient also. Sure you can use any kind of worms, except nightcrawlers, they just don't do well in confinement. DE won't harm worms either so toss some in!

Man I want to find a good proven solid 1 part nute. A grow and a bloom. That would be awesome. Right now i have like 8 bottles of shit I use...,its exhausting remembering what ive used and what I havent lol

Last edited:
IMO, if your using living worms in your pot, you have no need to use compost teas, worms are little bacteria factories. The soil feeds them, and they feed the soil. I'm feeding my pots both organic nutrients, and the Megacrop, which, I'm not sure how to classify. However, only amino acids are used for the nutrients that require chelation, the rest is a blend of elements and minerals, plus added organics. Its a blend I'd always wondered someone didn't make. You could make your own from Rock's individual minerals etc, but it would cost a fortune! I see this as middle ground between pure organics and manufactured nutrients. And no one can use the old saw "nasty chems" with this one, there are none.

That's why I adopt the KISS method of growing...lol. The simpler it is, the less can go wrong, and when something does go wrong, its easier to diagnose and fix!

Man I want to Gina good proven solid 1 pEt nute. A grow and a bloom. That would be awesome. Right now,I have like 8 bottles of shit I use...,its exhausting remembering what ive used and what I havent lol

DE is good stuff! once it gets wet though, its no longer effective. Its however a good nutrient also. Sure you can use any kind of worms, except nightcrawlers, they just don't do well in confinement. DE won't harm worms either so toss some in!
Do they like anything special, worms, in the soil? Oats, alfalfa? I'm thinking instead of dog treats, worm treats! Oh pop, we just got ourselves a million dollar idea :headbang:

if its food, they'll eat it! no dairy of meat, although it can be used, but it will stink something awful lol! And I give the a boost by feeding Jobe's or Growmore organic dry nutrients mix a cup with water and put it in the bin. I use old rootballs as bedding. though I won't have too many anymore. Coco,, olf shredded newspaper, etc works. There's good info on worm bins online.

if its food, they'll eat it! no dairy of meat, although it can be used, but it will stink something awful lol! And I give the a boost by feeding Jobe's or Growmore organic dry nutrients mix a cup with water and put it in the bin. I use old rootballs as bedding. though I won't have too many anymore. Coco,, olf shredded newspaper, etc works. There's good info on worm bins online.
I was thinking for in the pot only. I turn over a stone in the flower bed and can get castings off the back. I'm in the south and don't put chemicals on the yard anymore, I gots worms everywhere. Need to get a nice bed for them to make them in one spot now. And keep the dogs from digging in it. I really appreciate your help. I may cut the bottom off and old planter and slowly raise the dirt level in it. Now to find a place for it! Should the top be covered to keep rain out?

Back