Indoor Pop22's Continual Autoflower Tent

Total output at the moment is 390 watts, but I'm going to reduce the powwer to the Mod 420 light to 200 watts. We'll see how that works with adjusted light height.
You are right, I haven't seen anything so potty yet:cheers:

Hey pop, give us some numbers from the lightscouts, and is that total 110 watt for that tent for now?

I'm having a ball! I've got shitloads of autos to grow lol! Photos too! going to do a lot in the baskets!

Update:

Chopped the Sour Dragon today. Bud were hard and dense! for a small plant, I'm pleased with the harvest, and these hanging basket plants are free bud! Got a Mephisto Elite mix mystery seed soaking to take her place. I moved the auto photo cross, Black Domina x Stone Dragon, to the small tent so that she can get on 12/12 and free up space here for more autos! Might start a couple more Bubba Troubles in hope of a female this time.

In the auto pots, the Chazy ( CHEA Z ) Ice are doing very well and growing quickly. In the baskets, I have 2, Lucy's Diamond. I defoliated both plants a bit to open them up, they should flower soon. they are an auto Haze strain, should be interesting!

I've begun feeding this plants Megacrop, and all-in-one nutrient that comes in powder form. Its mineral have been chelated using organic enzymes rather than EDTA, ( I don't understand their issue with EDTA, its an organic agent used in food processing ), and contains other things like Kelp, etc. I'll post the ingredient list here. If I'm going to use nutrients, this fits in with my KISS style of growing, screw that 47 bottle chem lab, measure this and that and blah blah..... zzzzzzzzz not for me lol! So hopefully, this will do the job. I've seen others use it with good success.

I'll update on the meters you see tomorrow. I'm testing the Lightscout DLI-100 DLI meter. I've also got an Apogee MQ-500 quatum meter. Both of these are on loan from a good friend, ( Thank you! ) I'm not doing a grid measurement, I'll be checking light levels at the plant tops, and mid levels.

So here are a couple pics for now, more tomorrow!

Atuoflower tent pic1 -1-14-2018.jpg
AutoflowerTent - Sour Dragon Buds  pic1 -1-15-2018.jpg

I ph it yes. I've been blending my RO with tap in hopes of reducing waste, and in that water it ph's at 6.2 mostly. I up it to 6.5 as that seems to work well in soil and doesn't damage my worms.
I have not even read their direction, I'm doing things my way. Right now, I'm running at 650 ppms and 6.59 PH. Plants have been on ity a few days, the Sour dargon about 10 days and she greened back up nicely. I'll experiment with one plant and raise the ppms a bit 800 -850. I usually don't run my nutes that high however. But as this is not your standard nutrient, I want to see what works best, as it has added organics that don't affect ec/ppm. Could be easy to over do it.

No Ph'ing the megacrop once mixed?

What is DLI?

talk is picking up on this subject so I thought I'd look into it and post some information. I'll keep the posts here, though the testing will spread across all tents and cabs.

Daily light integral (DLI) is the amount of PAR receivedeach day as a function of light intensity (instantaneous light: μmol·m -2 ·s -1 ) and duration (day). It is expressed as moles of light (mol) per square meter (m -2 ) per day (d -1 ), or: mol·m -2 ·d -1 (moles per day)

DLI concept is like a rain gauge.A raingauge collects the total rain in a particular location over a period of time, so DLI measures the total amount of PAR received in a day. Greenhouse growers can use light meters to measure the number of light photons that accumulate in a square meter over a 24-hour
period.

I have on loan, three, LightScout DL!-100 meters. I've been playing around with them a few days and today I begin serious measurements. Now the target market is the greenhouse industry, but I can see one being using for us indoor gardeners. It will tell you if your lights, at the height your run them, are giving you enough light per day. And really most will because of the long period we run them. Yet the height we run them at can affect that as we know.

Just doing random testing on my hanging basket plants was enlighting.

The picture shows the scale used and the µmol equivalence. I'll post the data tomorrow after I take the readings. Next, I'll see what the Apogee quantum meter tells me. Stay tuned! ( and tuned up lol! )

Meter face
DLI-100.jpg
DLI-100.jpg
DLI-100.jpg
DLI-100.jpg

Scale:

DLI_Chart.jpg

Back