Dutch Passion Pop22's Auto Ultimate grow - My Second Quest to grow a One Pound auto!

the scrog net is a major obstacle to getting the plant properly sprayed. First its almost impossible to get to the underside of the plant at the rear. And I didn't scrog her properly. There's still a lot of plant under the screen. But its all a learning experience!

That's precisely the reason I didn't scroll the 26 Walter White that became 18 after the germination test..... I might have gotten it all wrong in my head, but it just seems so "locked up" once that scrog net/screen descend..... And if like me there is only access from 2 sides in 2 tents and only from the front in the last 2 rooms..... It's like weighing your options, scrog and risk the lot for a better yield and possibly quality, don't and play it safe........ Safe..... How come I haven't scrogged yet...... If space was no issue I would be scrogging away......

By the way @pop22, do you have any gut feeling about the effect of the DE....... Since I started using it with a handful of neem cake, knock on wood, the little luddites has gone fishing or some such, hopefully eternally...... I mean, although studying spider mites and/or gnats under a magnifying may provide some interesting holistic insights, for entomologists and kindred minds, I'll rather study the best routes to cram in 10 Weiss bier breweries in 2 hours flat next time I'm in Germany....... Of course, I've been known to have obscure priorities......!

I'm impressed I thought topping was a bad thing with autos, oh man I can't wait, I've wanted to top been scared ;-) As far as scrog goes,,, The few autos I've grown I've had pretty decent results I can only speculate but if I did a scrog seems if it worked it would definitely give em all more light. Currently I just lst and let all my branches run horizonal. Damn, agaain Im stoked Im gonna top some autos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you suggest topping like 3rd node or?

@cc2arms, you ought to shanghai @HubbaBubba for some waterboarding sessions on contortionism.....

By the way, when I grew Ultimates a couple of months ago, one of them was supercropped at least a 100 times, every single branch was hit 3-4-5 or more times and she didn't pause to neither fart nor burb, grew to almost 1,80 m and gave some 200 + g......

I look at it as everything is a compromise in one way or another. Yep horizontal scrogs are great at what they do, and are a pain in the ass as far as maintenance is concerned. And I think a way to improve SROG in several areas is to go vertical with them. The downside of vertical srogging is you either have to revert to HPS lighting, build custom light mounts for your commercial LED grow lights, or build your own light that's designed for vertical grows.
I've looked at several v-scrogs and I'm going to stick with the flat model as I can adapt my lights to it and it will make DIY lighting easier. And you could run multiple screens in one tent, given adequate ventilation.

That's precisely the reason I didn't scroll the 26 Walter White that became 18 after the germination test..... I might have gotten it all wrong in my head, but it just seems so "locked up" once that scrog net/screen descend..... And if like me there is only access from 2 sides in 2 tents and only from the front in the last 2 rooms..... It's like weighing your options, scrog and risk the lot for a better yield and possibly quality, don't and play it safe........ Safe..... How come I haven't scrogged yet...... If space was no issue I would be scrogging away......

By the way @pop22, do you have any gut feeling about the effect of the DE....... Since I started using it with a handful of neem cake, knock on wood, the little luddites has gone fishing or some such, hopefully eternally...... I mean, although studying spider mites and/or gnats under a magnifying may provide some interesting holistic insights, for entomologists and kindred minds, I'll rather study the best routes to cram in 10 Weiss bier breweries in 2 hours flat next time I'm in Germany....... Of course, I've been known to have obscure priorities......!

@cc2arms, you ought to shanghai @HubbaBubba for some waterboarding sessions on contortionism.....

By the way, when I grew Ultimates a couple of months ago, one of them was supercropped at least a 100 times, every single branch was hit 3-4-5 or more times and she didn't pause to neither fart nor burb, grew to almost 1,80 m and gave some 200 + g......
Well now I feel kind of bummed out. LMAO I thought when I began 90-100g of some good meds grown in my shittly lil closet was a good thing, heck people round here acted as though I was some kind of Guru ;-) Now meet all yall folks here at AFN oh well humbling experience. I can't wait how aggressive can I be with some topping or should I just do like pop and scrog?

pick a plant and abuse it!! That's the only way to learn. start with a plant you can afford to mess up. Cannabis is much tougher than people give it credit for. Why ya think they call it weed? lol!

90-100 grams is a very nice harvest! My best so far was 200 grams, but my average is maybe 60. This will be my first plant to go, i believe, over 300 gram.

I've got another AU seed that will get dropped in a couple months. We'll see how big I can get that one.

Well now I feel kind of bummed out. LMAO I thought when I began 90-100g of some good meds grown in my shittly lil closet was a good thing, heck people round here acted as though I was some kind of Guru ;-) Now meet all yall folks here at AFN oh well humbling experience. I can't wait how aggressive can I be with some topping or should I just do like pop and scrog?

pick a plant and abuse it!! That's the only way to learn. start with a plant you can afford to mess up. Cannabis is much tougher than people give it credit for. Why ya think they call it weed? lol!

90-100 grams is a very nice harvest! My best so far was 200 grams, but my average is maybe 60. This will be my first plant to go, i believe, over 300 gram.

I've got another AU seed that will get dropped in a couple months. We'll see how big I can get that one.
Cannabis is called weed, hmm maybe it's just that a weed lol. Normally once the fall harvest is gone then winter is kind of rough, but these autos are super cool I can get used to this. ;-)

OK! I got my Mighty Wash today going to go do battle..............

I'll take pics later, but I'm planning to start chopping. she's a little over 80 days now and the mites are winning the battle. i CAN'T let all this bud get ruined, i'd much rather settle for a smaller harvest.
Even harvesting will be a pain in the ass as I attempt to keep them from spreading as I chop. So I have a plan to keep them from spreading. First, I'm going to shut off the lights and spray the plant and tent with water to prevent them from becoming airborne. i also have an 8" centrifugal fan I'll mount with filter material in the intake to capture anything that is airborne. I'll also be wet ( yeah, sounds extreme but i have to do all i can to make this end here ). I'll chop a few branches a day till she's done.

when she's all processed and the tent has been cleaned, I'm going to bomb the tent and the room again at least twice before any more plants go int here. I also need a humdifier as that's part of the problem, RH is 18-20% and them little bastards love it dry..........

today I'm bombing the small tent, even though it has remained bug free all this time. I'm also installing furnace filter material in the intake ports of my tents.

DE and Neem will be applied routinely from now on as preventatives.

pics:

AU pic1 -2-18-2016.jpg

Attachments

• AU bud pic1 -2-18-2016.jpg
    AU bud pic1 -2-18-2016.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 77
Back