Dutch Passion Pop22's Auto Ultimate grow - My Second Quest to grow a One Pound auto!

she would have gone that long, no doub,t if the mites were actually under control. The plant damage is from them, not the spinosad. Be that as it may, there's a lot of bud that can be salvaged if i don't wait too long to harvest. Then I'm closing the growroom till i have no doubt they are gone. I've put filters on the small tent and I'll keep it sealed till I'm sure all is well. Hopefully my sprouts will be ok in the clone cab, which is in another room.

Just beautiful ;-) "way over 100 days" that my get the best of me haha

Ohh, I don't have any plans to give up! I still have another seed and I've been vaping the small plant I chopped. Great weed! smells wonderful, like skittles! And a strong high that seems balanced to me, heady like a Sativa yet good pain relief and a nice body stone. So this strain WILL give me a pound +, once I have my environment clean.
Sorry to here about that I hope your still going to go looking for you 1lb auto shit mother nature can be a cruel mistress

the scrog net is a major obstacle to getting the plant properly sprayed. First its almost impossible to get to the underside of the plant at the rear. And I didn't scrog her properly. There's still a lot of plant under the screen. But its all a learning experience!

the scrog net is a major obstacle to getting the plant properly sprayed. First its almost impossible to get to the underside of the plant at the rear. And I didn't scrog her properly. There's still a lot of plant under the screen. But its all a learning experience!
have you thought about using hazys caning method that's what I just tried and you can still move the plant around just chopped my first auto ultimate haven't got a clue on the weight but I did fill up a uk 5gallon bucket with trimmed bud and her bigger sisters still growing :pass:

gotta ask as a somewhat new grower to the world of Autos ;-) SCROG is it better result than some extensive LST I ask because I assumed that with the shorter veg of autos doing a scrog would be more effort than reward, but have seen few instances where some scrogs were just freaking lovely. I've thus far really went "balls to the wall " on my LST methods but really want to do a scrog. Would you recommend doing a scrog or will my result be comparable to what I already come to expect doing just LST????
ps not trying to jack your thread or nothing, kjust curious as to your insight on this topic ;-)

Actually I've had good success with SCROG and large autos. And the ones that take longer80+ days work well. I do not scrog in the same manner as you would a photo period. Although with some strains you may be able to top etc aggressively, I top once then bend the whole plant over. Even without multiple toppings, you are still maximizing the exposure of all buds and can keep you lights closer. You could even do it with two smaller plants, each bent over in the opposite direction. I may even try this in the near future. 2 plants in the 20 gallon pot.

gotta ask as a somewhat new grower to the world of Autos ;-) SCROG is it better result than some extensive LST I ask because I assumed that with the shorter veg of autos doing a scrog would be more effort than reward, but have seen few instances where some scrogs were just freaking lovely. I've thus far really went "balls to the wall " on my LST methods but really want to do a scrog. Would you recommend doing a scrog or will my result be comparable to what I already come to expect doing just LST????
ps not trying to jack your thread or nothing, kjust curious as to your insight on this topic ;-)

Actually I've had good success with SCROG and large autos. And the ones that take longer80+ days work well. I do not scrog in the same manner as you would a photo period. Although with some strains you may be able to top etc aggressively, I top once then bend the whole plant over. Even without multiple toppings, you are still maximizing the exposure of all buds and can keep you lights closer. You could even do it with two smaller plants, each bent over in the opposite direction. I may even try this in the near future. 2 plants in the 20 gallon pot.
I'm impressed I thought topping was a bad thing with autos, oh man I can't wait, I've wanted to top been scared ;-) As far as scrog goes,,, The few autos I've grown I've had pretty decent results I can only speculate but if I did a scrog seems if it worked it would definitely give em all more light. Currently I just lst and let all my branches run horizonal. Damn, agaain Im stoked Im gonna top some autos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you suggest topping like 3rd node or?

Yes that's a method I'm considering for these big girls! Although I may move to vertical scrogs as I could fit up to three in one tent!
The key to topping autos is the same as scrogging them, you want strains that run longer than 70 days. And I learned about this by breaking my first ever auto, a white widow. i broke the main stem just above the third node. Broke almost completely off, like 90%. Stood her up, tied her with yarn, and three days later she was fine. She stalled for about 2 weeks, then became one of my best producing plants to this day, 6 ounces dry!

have you thought about using hazys caning method that's what I just tried and you can still move the plant around just chopped my first auto ultimate haven't got a clue on the weight but I did fill up a uk 5gallon bucket with trimmed bud and her bigger sisters still growing :pass:
I'm impressed I thought topping was a bad thing with autos, oh man I can't wait, I've wanted to top been scared ;-) As far as scrog goes,,, The few autos I've grown I've had pretty decent results I can only speculate but if I did a scrog seems if it worked it would definitely give em all more light. Currently I just lst and let all my branches run horizonal. Damn, agaain Im stoked Im gonna top some autos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you suggest topping like 3rd node or?

Yes that's a method I'm considering for these big girls! Although I may move to vertical scrogs as I could fit up to three in one tent!
The key to topping autos is the same as scrogging them, you want strains that run longer than 70 days. And I learned about this by breaking my first ever auto, a white widow. i broke the main stem just above the third node. Broke almost completely off, like 90%. Stood her up, tied her with yarn, and three days later she was fine. She stalled for about 2 weeks, then became one of my best producing plants to this day, 6 ounces dry!
funny you say " strains that run longer than 70 days" heck man all mine been over that heck shortest finisher I have done yet was the Delicious seeds cheese candy everyone told me she'd be ready at 70 nope more like 81. Your thread got me thinking, someone else told me they heard the Girl scout cookie auto gets to be fairly good size sure would be neat to top her and scrog her. ;-) If the plant gods smile on me I may do just that.

many of the myths about autos are false. You CAN transplant them, you can top them, you can do just about anything that you could do to a photo period plant, you just need to be a bit more conservative with them.

Back