Lighting Planning for a DIY COB build

Here you go. First picture shows you a simple way to hang them. The connection was temporary, I have since used solder and heat shrink tubing.

a9604dbdeab503e9ac14d3ca36992292.jpg

This is the whole string and the driver. I used 16/2 speaker wire and the COB itself is connected using some PTFE insulated wire from my audio building wire supply.

330272c59d40116994d318bebfe42366.jpg

Last edited:
are you still planning to add one of your burple's in... I would, with a mixed spectrum you should see some great results
That was my first thought. Bigsmo and I had talked about this previously. I was going to set up the mars in the middle and have 2 auto cobs on either side but bigsmo though it might be too much light. This could still be an option though, thanks for bringing it up.

Sent from my red IBM Selectric

Here you go. First picture shows you a simple way to hang them. The connection was temporary, I have since used solder and heat shrink tubing.

This is the whole string and the driver. I used 16/2 speaker wire and the COB itself is connected using some PTFE insulated wire from my audio building wire supply.

Awesome! Thanks for the pics. One of the things I had been juggling in my head was how to hang them, this helped a lot, thank you.

Awesome! Thanks for the pics. One of the things I had been juggling in my head was how to hang them, this helped a lot, thank you.

That was my first thought. Bigsmo and I had talked about this previously. I was going to set up the mars in the middle and have 2 auto cobs on either side but bigsmo though it might be too much light. This could still be an option though, thanks for bringing it up.

go with it and see, I recon you'll be alright. My 5x1212's @1400ma is to much for some but others lap it up, like my blueberry's at the moment... to much light, super charged in coco = monsters... I've lost control in my tent, my blueberrys have gone mental. Had to super crop for the first time this morning. The fuckers will not stop growing, so much for the scorg. Will get some pics up later when they wake up.

In a scrog so it's tough to tell exactly what's what. The plant on the left which is nearly all yellow is being hammered with cobs. The one on the right is under 2 AutoCobs and perfect health. Same strain, pots, nutrients the difference is 100 watts.
IMG_3276.JPG

In a scrog so it's tough to tell exactly what's what. The plant on the left which is nearly all yellow is being hammered with cobs. The one on the right is under 2 AutoCobs and perfect health. Same strain, pots, nutrients the difference is 100 watts. View attachment 795469
Very cool side by side. Puts things in to perspective. :pass:

Just ordered my driver. Went with the HLG-240H-C1050b. Should suite my needs perfectly. The order info says it should be here in two days but it's coming from the States so I'm a little sceptical about that haha.

Should I look for anything special when picking a potentiometer, or will any do/their all the same?

Should I look into anything else? I've heard people talking about wago connectors, would those benefit me at all? Any other tools/items that may help with my build?

I'm going to go with 3-4 almost complete autocobs. Just seems like the best route for me at this time. I'm going to forgo the frame for now until I find a configuration I like.

Cheers

@BigSm0 Was reading through your info thread.

<quote>The "almost complete" is perfect for those not ready for an all out DIY build. I would just need to know the desired space you want to grow in and I can offer suggestions on the amount of cobs needed and the driver you will need to power it all. This option is basically the same as the autocob without the driver and power cord. You will need to build a frame and buy some basic parts to complete it.</quote>

Do i need to build a frame for the "almost complete" cobs? I can just hang them, no?

Back