If you see my first post in this thread you'll see that I came across as helpful. Then, after stating that was my opinion, someone wanted to challenge me.

Look, companies make ferts to grow with. It's a gimmick for them to sell additives. Yes, Mega Boombastic Root Exploder will do what it says but won't increase your yield. Yes, Super Stem Erector may give you stronger branches but your still going to brace your plant when it has large colas.

Additives may do stuff but they complicate the grow, may lockout nutes, cost an arm and a leg but none increase your yield.

Again, imho, just my opinion, you want to increase yield? PH your water according to BREEDER suggestions NOT nutrient companies, and buy cobs with the money you saved from not buying snake oils.

So many people bail on DWC because they have no luck. DWC is by far the easiest way to grow, imho. But I see new commers throwing everything into their water. I constantly see fail after fail (considering).

It's like a new golfer buying the best most advanced shoes, clubs and expecting to to end -15 under par.

You gotta set your base PickleRick. Yes, I guess I'm going to shove this in your face because I want you to succeed. Start a new grow with the basics, no additives other than hydroguard and PH. Using the manufactures suggestions on your nute bottles.

See what happens and correct from there. You may not need to correct anything, you may need a little calmag along the way.

Change your water every week and set aside your TDS. Being a beginner, and reading TDS numbers, don't go hand in hand. Worry about TDS in the future, when you have a firm grip on your baseline.

Back in the day we used TDS during every water change, that's it. Then we would track the number every water change. If there was no burn we'd make a note that during say week 4, we can up the nutes by 1/4 tbsp during our next grow(same strain ONLY).

Again, this is all my friendly opinion. You honestly did fine on your first time. I could have told you early in your grow that you probably have a PH problem and it looks like you needed some calmag.

You were looking for someone to help you, I don't remember anyone showing up that's why I offered my OPINION. I didn't think I'd be the bad guy for coming to someone's aide with straight experience and facts. I hope you best of luck in the future. I may be a new guy here but I've been growing DWC for 17 years. Ive been through it all. Again, good luck!

If you see my first post in this thread you'll see that I came across as helpful. Then, after stating that was my opinion, someone wanted to challenge me.

Look, companies make ferts to grow with. It's a gimmick for them to sell additives. Yes, Mega Boombastic Root Exploder will do what it says but won't increase your yield. Yes, Super Stem Erector may give you stronger branches but your still going to brace your plant when it has large colas.

Additives may do stuff but they complicate the grow, may lockout nutes, cost an arm and a leg but none increase your yield.

Again, imho, just my opinion, you want to increase yield? PH your water according to BREEDER suggestions NOT nutrient companies, and buy cobs with the money you saved from not buying snake oils.

So many people bail on DWC because they have no luck. DWC is by far the easiest way to grow, imho. But I see new commers throwing everything into their water. I constantly see fail after fail (considering).

It's like a new golfer buying the best most advanced shoes, clubs and expecting to to end -15 under par.

You gotta set your base PickleRick. Yes, I guess I'm going to shove this in your face because I want you to succeed. Start a new grow with the basics, no additives other than hydroguard and PH. Using the manufactures suggestions on your nute bottles.

See what happens and correct from there. You may not need to correct anything, you may need a little calmag along the way.

Change your water every week and set aside your TDS. Being a beginner, and reading TDS numbers, don't go hand in hand. Worry about TDS in the future, when you have a firm grip on your baseline.

Back in the day we used TDS during every water change, that's it. Then we would track the number every water change. If there was no burn we'd make a note that during say week 4, we can up the nutes by 1/4 tbsp during our next grow(same strain ONLY).

Again, this is all my friendly opinion. You honestly did fine on your first time. I could have told you early in your grow that you probably have a PH problem and it looks like you needed some calmag.

You were looking for someone to help you, I don't remember anyone showing up that's why I offered my OPINION. I didn't think I'd be the bad guy for coming to someone's aide with straight experience and facts. I hope you best of luck in the future. I may be a new guy here but I've been growing DWC for 17 years. Ive been through it all. Again, good luck!

I took no offense, I know you are trying to help man, it was just they way you presented it. Then, we might not agree on everything, but discussion makes us better growers yeah?
My light is fine, I spent a bit more to get a good cree-led, rather then diy cobs, since I don't feel comfortable to put it all togeather. Also, I can't get any were I live. Another thing I can't get is hydroguard. You're also assuming that I'm a beginner at using a TDSmeter, or why I'm using a pH pen. As a reef hobbyist, I test my tank water in about 10 ways, I use way more addatives then for my grow. You can also see that I'm not using AN's complete lineup, it's cause I read up on what I wanted to use.

"Back in the day we used TDS during every water change, that's it. Then we would track the number every water change. If there was no burn we'd make a note that during say week 4, we can up the nutes by 1/4 tbsp during our next grow(same strain ONLY)."

This is basicly how I've done it. I feel like most of the things you take up has already been covered in the thread, and you would know this if you had read through it rather then just skim.
And I've gotten plenty help, both here and in the infirmary.

But like MedGrower said, start your own journal and show us how you do it. I know I would be the first to sub up.
Happy friday man! :cheers:

It's the internet, you can't judge personality and approach by what I type. Like I said, I was only offering my opinion. To help you. Sorry I dipped my toes in your DWC cuz you still don't understand.

That's why I keep saying "as WE learn" here and other places. But i got jacked up for trying to help. Dont come at me with "but discussion makes us better". I was trying to discuss but got jumped on and discredited the very next post, so....yeah, the discussion...there was no discussion, it was all one sided against me.

All my learning with DWC has been through trial and error. This is my first and last use of message boards. I signed up because of BigsmOs cob lights. Thought I could help. Guess not. lol.

Why are you in the infirmary so much? Looks to me like the help you've been getting hasn't been all that good. Somethings wrong and your obviously going to continue down that path. Keep banging your head on the wall.

Compare your three week photo to mine. Nuff said.

Don't waste your time growing DWC without hydroguard, aquashield or any other equivalent. That's as important as your water being PH correct. Especially, you know, when you got light in your rez, cuz light in your rez is good...right? NO!

I was a reefer too. When I figured out RO water was a headache and unneeded in DWC i thought to myself, what can i use this investment for now? Started reefing lol.

3 weeks maaan.
Flora micrp
Flora grow
Flora bloom
Hydroguard
PH balanced tap
20171020_103033.jpg
water
That's it!

Back