New Grower PG’s Autoflower Grow Tents

Day 15 blue dog testers. Lookin good very happy plants. Color and size on point for now. I’ll continue to give them a compost tea every weekend.
1617024669751.jpeg

day 6 ethos auto purple Thai. Faster than any seedling I’ve ever had. I’ll feed 250 ppm big bloom after work. Half in the top half in the bottom.
1617024720724.jpeg

day 4 RocBud auto pineapple sunrise in coco. I gave the first feed last night of mega crop, slf 100 and ph up at 450 ppm. This may have been too hot, so from now until week 2 I’ll mix it 50/50 with distilled water for a lower ppm.
1617024801847.jpeg

Attachments

• 1617024642440.jpeg
    1617024642440.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
Day 20 for the Blue Dog testers. I had a little scare yesterday with them - suspected they were males. But this morning all three had white pistils hairs shooting near the top nodes. Chonky ladies. I watered today with aerated tap water, coconut water, aloe juice, and fish shit. After this photo I kind of adjusted the tie downs a little bit and bent them over more.
1617488531505.jpeg

Day 11 Ethos Purple Thai auto - transplanted into a 5 gallon fabric container. There was a generous amount of root tips all over the bottom of the container - I could tell the plant wanted more nutes and bigger container cause the growth slowed a little bit and the plant is a little pale. I filled the container 2/3 with my own ammended bloom mix and then the rest with my ammended veg mix. I used about 1.5 cups of the same water I used on the plants above to seal everything together. Oh and I sprinkled great white Myco on the roots directly right before I replanted. She looks like she took it in stride just fine. I have no idea what to do if my soil mix has any issues I’ll just make an aerated compost tea lol. I cooked both mixes like 3-4 weeks roughly. I’ll try to keep an eye on her and stay ahead of any deficiencies or imbalances. Stoked for her she got a good start and a big container
1617488776670.jpeg

Day 20 for the Blue Dog testers. I had a little scare yesterday with them - suspected they were males. But this morning all three had white pistils hairs shooting near the top nodes. Chonky ladies. I watered today with aerated tap water, coconut water, aloe juice, and fish shit. After this photo I kind of adjusted the tie downs a little bit and bent them over more.
View attachment 1303752
Day 11 Ethos Purple Thai auto - transplanted into a 5 gallon fabric container. There was a generous amount of root tips all over the bottom of the container - I could tell the plant wanted more nutes and bigger container cause the growth slowed a little bit and the plant is a little pale. I filled the container 2/3 with my own ammended bloom mix and then the rest with my ammended veg mix. I used about 1.5 cups of the same water I used on the plants above to seal everything together. Oh and I sprinkled great white Myco on the roots directly right before I replanted. She looks like she took it in stride just fine. I have no idea what to do if my soil mix has any issues I’ll just make an aerated compost tea lol. I cooked both mixes like 3-4 weeks roughly. I’ll try to keep an eye on her and stay ahead of any deficiencies or imbalances. Stoked for her she got a good start and a big container
View attachment 1303753
Looking very happy their. Sounds like the BD is right on track showing sex on day 20! I use colloidal silver to reverse female plants for feminized pollen that lacks the male chromosome to make a male plant but their is never a guarantee when you play with mother nature. I know ethos uses a newer technique using Alpha Females(not sure how it works yet) and I have been learning techniques to revers male plants to females which is kinda cool. The Blue Dog has probably gotten the most outside testing out of any of the cultivars I have released all having good feedback with no males and no hermies out of close to 50 test grows. Hopefully some of this will put ur mind at ease
I imagine they are going to put their wheels on now and stretch out they look great!

Looking very happy their. Sounds like the BD is right on track showing sex on day 20! I use colloidal silver to reverse female plants for feminized pollen that lacks the male chromosome to make a male plant but their is never a guarantee when you play with mother nature. I know ethos uses a newer technique using Alpha Females(not sure how it works yet) and I have been learning techniques to revers male plants to females which is kinda cool. The Blue Dog has probably gotten the most outside testing out of any of the cultivars I have released all having good feedback with no males and no hermies out of close to 50 test grows. Hopefully some of this will put ur mind at ease
I imagine they are going to put their wheels on now and stretch out they look great!
Big calyxes on these girls ! But very pleased with them. I didn’t know some of this stuff - like about feminized pollen that is so cool! Reversing male plants is a thing too, wow, I’m gonna have to do some more reading lol. The internodal growth is pretty well developed already too considering I have barely done any LST - so here we go can’t wait to see them blast off. The one gallon container has root tips coming out the bottom already too so I am gonna put that container into a 5 gallon fabric pot full of more bloom mix as well. So she doesn’t run out of space or nutes during bloom. Thanks for checking in and letting me know what’s up !

Day 23 on the Blue Dog testers. I am increasing light intensity 1 dimmer switch per day, starting yesterday. And they really seem to be enjoying more light. The LST is starting to work and they are almost ready to have their tops bent over to the next grommet for LST.
1617708350388.png

Day 14 Ethos Purple Thai auto. She’s getting bigger everyday but also experienced a little transplant shock. She kinda slowed down on me for a couple days but you can see here she’s gonna be as wide as the container is before too long. She’s huge. I am not gonna bend this one over for LST considering the light can penetrate through this plants structure with ease. I’m not gonna do nothin for now just leave her be and let her sort herself out - when she bounces back I know she’s gonna thrive. But maybe this is why they say don’t transplant autos because I did it quick, and carefully and gently and she still lost a couple days of veg.
1617708609331.jpeg

Day 12 coco/hydro pineapple sunrise by RocBud. I think for this to work Ineed to water her daily with fresh nutes and have some runoff so the old food doesn’t stay in the container over night. Each time I give her a small flush with new feed at the appropriate ph and ppm she starts growing lol. So she’s been neglected I’ll flush her out after work and start trying that daily and see if that helps at all
1617708710222.jpeg

Everything getting bigger and bushing out now - the hydro coco baby is still hangin in there too lol - they are a little droopy from under watering but I just gave them a heavy soak of mushroom based microbe tea
1617934990074.png

Yesterday
1618145175476.jpeg

Right after I watered in the mushroom based microbes tea - they drank it up super fast and I started another tea. Since they are getting bigger I have to keep giving them something as far as nutrients and microbes go to help my PH and nutrient up take at the rhizosphere to continue to function correctly. This tea was real growers recharge, p31 microbes, dynagro Protekt silica, and root organic terp tea bloom feed (3-7-4). I didn’t brew it very long but something like 4-8 hours just to get everything nice and happy. I am noticing small paling on lower fan leaves of my testers in the smaller containers. This is part of the reason why I am being aggressive the nutrient. Everytime I have good success making my plant large in soil, they get sick on me unless I have them in 3 gallon or larger containers. So I am trying to stayahead of any deficiencies. Just reading the plants , generally I wouldn’t think to give them this much nutes but they definitely want it. Even the gigantic purple Thai could be slightly darker green so. I have no guilt -they are getting lots of light and good VPD and airflow and getting big roots so they want more food than Iam Used to giving which makes total sense. Anyways I’m baked there’s my ramblings. Here’s 24 hours later on the plants since the second tea and the picture above
1618145677515.jpeg

1618145709687.jpeg

1618145776849.png

also worth mentioning - I am doing leaf tucking at least twice a day and I am noticing even more branches topping themselves lol they just keep doing it as they get larger, I wonder if I’ll get a branch to top itself twice that would be fuckin dope ....

What a day it’s been. Well I think I pushed the testers a bit too hard. One developed fully grown male genitals. I culled this plant.
1618444800750.jpeg

The second tester made some hermaphrodite looking genitals that I decided to cut off. They were only on the main stalk in all these cases. This plant is showing a pretty heavy N toxicity (dark leaves with curling tips). Ut she is growing and stretching well in spite of it. I kept this one - here’s what I chopped off
1618444899021.jpeg

The third tester I don’t see anything weird - but it has yellow tips and was also overfed no doubt. I did a bit more defoliation as I noticed some condensation on some of the leaves that were touching. Here’s where I’m at now.
1618445033753.jpeg

Unfortunately somehow I broke a branch on the purple Thai. I didn’t notice at all until the deed was done. I had to take some giant leaves off her they were blocking the whole plant. Hopefully the defoliation and broken branch doesn’t make her too stressed. She needs water too, I’ll do it in the morning.
1618445159506.jpeg

They still look pretty good in spite of it all. And I’m pretty sure I am the cause of the hermaphroditism. I think I pushed a little too hard with the fertilizer. And maybe a little heat stress as well. I’ve been doing my best not to go too hard but I think I did.
On a more positive note I am setting up my other tent and light for the next test run. I will run one plant in this tent.
1618445316051.jpeg

The plants still look good and I bet if I just stick with some plain water and microbes only for now, I won’t see any more hermaphroditic traits. The plants smell amazing. And look great also.
1618445417743.jpeg

I also got a new compost tea setup. The old one was too loud and my bubble snake was getting hard to clean. So I’ve got a 50 gph air pump with two attachments for air stones.

New tea setup is working great. Still haven’t received my next tester beanz unfortunately but that tent is fully built and ready to go. I have not seen any more hermaphrodite traits on my testers. And my feeding on the coco hydro is baby is getting dialed in a bit better. Everything got real growers recharge, p31 microbes, fish shit, great white , mykos, and fox farm big bloom brewed for 24 hours today even the coco hydro baby. They were super thirsty. I raise the light to around 30 inches and put it on full blast, to milk the last bit of the stretch. The testers are getting some nice berry funky sweet aromas and a hint of trichomes are starting to appear on leaves near the budsites. I feel as though things are going well right now. I’m gonna try to keep it this way. The left and right girls are on day 36, the middle is 29 and the coco baby down low is 27.
1618871660624.png

Thanks for the detailed pics of the male parts. Interesting to see how they develop and what to watch for. I know I've looked at tons of pics online but those two above were far more clear.

Back