Live Stoners Paranormal Anyone??

Not to be a danny downer, but those guys walk around with souped up studfinders with LED lights and claim to see ghosts. Now I know people believe what they believe and I respect that but shows like GH, Paranormal State,Celeb Ghosts are comedies. My lady is an addict. Tease her all the time. Who you gonna call? ... Ghost Busters

True Cosz but you can't let the "entertainment" distract from the truth. Oh, trust me I worked for MANY famous magicians and one on T.V. I know a lot of these shows are just "entertainment". However, I have had my own experiences. I do think they make the whole paranormal world look stupid frankly. How are you supposed to look for ghosts when you got the cameras on each other? How you supposed to listen for EVP's when you got sound affects playing in the background?

Plus that one Ghost Adventures episode "Letchworth Village"... I grew up 2 miles from Letchworth. Born and Raised. That building they used to "hunt" is completely EMPTY. Void of "baby carriages, beds, dentist chairs...etc.." Those are all props they brought in to make it more dramatic. Spoons on the floor from someone's last dose of meds... PLEASE. I know personally that the local police use those buildings for paint ball training and such. Those buildings don't have shit in them. Especially death certificates and the like. All bullshit. That is what makes me sick... They come in 2 days ahead, scout the site, plant the props, do a run through, and then shoot. It's pathetic really.

There's PLENTY of real shit out there but they have to keep ratings up. Can't do that when you don't find shit! That is what those shows are all about. Entertainment = Ratings... Ratings = Money. Plain and Simple...

That sucks. I have only really put any stock in GH. The others do seem staged, but I didnt know they were. You are right, tho. I hadnt really thought about that. After planning a shoot-0 theyve gotta make a show even if they dont find anything. I hope they dont fake EVPs and shit, tho. Early GH shows seemed legit, but now theyve gone from private houses to places that Ill bet pay em for the airtime. Tourist attractions and the like. Sold out. The book that Grant and Jason have out is better than the shows. They recount investigations from before they were famous. Still, easy to fake, but it seems legit...
My cousin has a paranormal investigating business. Ive been wanting to go along on some jobs, but most are too far for me to travel w/ my medical issues and such. Id like to go along and bring my dog. They seem to be much more tuned into the paranormal- or willing to believe- than us humans. Im surprised more PIs dont use animals...
Ive always wondered about the questions they ask when they get a ghost to "play along". Why dont they ever ask revelant questions about the afterlife? Is there heaven? Why are some people ghosts and not everyone? Why are most ghost only 100 yrs old or less? What happens when you die??? They always ask questions that they know the answers to, or stupid questions, at least in my opinion. Who are you? (Who cares?) How did you die? Ask the GOOD questions. Maybe the legit GHs do. IDK.

This video might be a nice addition to the thread. According to the devil worshipers themselves these 'voices from the dead' are actually spirits talking and not the actual dead person. I came across this quite interesting interview with such a guy:
[video=youtube;N9wQD9yR1XA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wQD9yR1XA[/video]

Damn, Reb. I just read the whole thread. Youve def got some medium blood in ya, Bro. Its strange that some people seem to either attract, or are just more able to encounter, spirits and such. Id say you have that gift. I bet if you talked to some mediums, they could teach ya to tune into the para universe even more.
Thats quite a story- about yer uncle. I wonder if you had stayed put... You must think about that often. And the prom queen. DAMN. I thought my pic was good, lol. Thats just NUTS! I didnt see a thing til I blew it up, then chills.
Id so love to hear yer EVPs. Before the digi age, people used to use cassette tapes. Hit record then leave. I was always told that you could only hear the EVP the first time you played it, but would be gone if rewound and replayed.
Funny you mention pink noise. I had a car stereo that had white and pink noise generators that were opposite frequencies of wind and engine noise. Hit a button and it got quiet in the car. 99% of people scoff at me when I tell em bout it. Most have never heard of pink noise...

Great thread. I hope more add to it. Very cool topic!

Oh. Any news on the dogpigcat? Gotta be a pig, right? Or yer sis' beau is a photoshop pro and has ya goin'. The hind legs have me stumped. Thats crazy. I wonder if there is a university website you could forward it to? STRANGE.

GlocalGrower thanks for that Vid bro. I'm gonna check it out later tonight!

Bateyes thanks for taking the time to check the whole thread out! Yeah I've often been told that... I wish I could hone it more... There's lots of unsolved murders around here and I'd love to be able to tune in and get clues or something to give people closure. That's one thing I'd love to use the gift for... Giving people closure.

Yeah bro I do ask myself that all the time... What if I didn't run... Definitely something I regret. But instinct took over and I just got out of there. Something you know isn't right in an instant and your conscience tells you to run so you do.

Ghost Hunters lost my respect because they think they are the AUTHORITY on Ghost Hunting and there were guys like Hans Holtzer, etc, that were doing this shit before they were their parents wet dream. I was apart of a group here once and they quit asking me along because all they would talk about is "how they'd love to be on GH and meet Jason and Grant" and I'd be like "why don't we do our OWN thing and so some real shit. So, I guess I'm old school and not mainstream. But, I know there's a REAL Paranormal field out there and all this does is muddle the truth from the magic.

No news on the game cam pic. Sniper doesn't know what it is either. I would love to have someone look at it but it's not my work so that's why I haven't.

Oh there's more than white, pink noise... Brown, grey, etc... We are all frequencies. Light and Sound. Definitely have plans to build my own "Ghost Box" one of these days and give it a better name! LOL

My Seneca grandmother told me there are frequencies that are "sacred and secret". I think that's why we don't know. We aren't supposed to know at this level or plane...

REB,
Being a soundman, you could prob make one of those radios that change stations a few tim,es a second. Ive heard some crazy stuff from those. You know the thingies Im talking about? "Spirit Box" type of thing? Pretty crazy when you get 3-4 second answers that are relevent from a station thats only on for .25 sec!

I am not saying it has zero merit. I am just refering to the GH shows and the spin offs they created. It's like 2 plumbers who are familair with listening to creaky old pipes. I can't knock their hustle (c: I prefer the finer programming such as Man against Food after burning one (c:

Cosz

Bateyes that's exactly what I'm talking about but using more than 2 oscillators. That is the most amazing part of it all. Getting a whole sentence or complete answer in a 1/4 of a second! Absolutely bro. When I was working a show once I was doing sound check. I ran both FOH and Monitors so I had to go up onstage and physically check the mics with the onstage monitors so the singers could hear themselves. Now we had a chart of frequencies for all the places around us so we didn't interfere. We used the same frequencies EVERY night. I ran the sound 7 nights a week, barely had a night off. So I knew the set up front and back. There were 4 principles so I had 4 main mics for vocals. Soon as I turned on the first one to check it (I was standing directly in front of a monitor at my feet) this woman's voice came screaming out of the ONE speaker right in front of me. I had the mic dialed into every Aux meaning the mic was open on EVERY speaker in that theater. It only came out at the one at my feet.

Now I always kept the volume at like 10 db's when I checked the mics. This was WIDE open. I mean as loud as that channel would go. It sent me instantly to my knees. The pain from that frequency in my ear was incredible. It dropped me right down to my knees bro. I thought my ears were gonna bleed. All the doormen that seat the people coming to watch the show had their mouths wide open in shock. My Stage Manager was ghost white. She ran over to me and was like "what the F*CK was THAT?!". The weirdest part was everyone, EVERYONE knew instantly that it wasn't just feedback. It was one of the strangest things that ever happened to me running sound.

That and one other time this dude at the same theater, same show actually, was all pissy in line. Tired of waiting, thought the doormen were taking too long to get them inside the theater... When he got to the front of the line he started screaming at the Matre'd (however you spell it lol) and then grabbed his chest and dropped dead. Bro, I shit you not, dropped dead of a heart attack right there. RIGHT behind the sound pit. Of course right at the door of it. So me and a couple that came to the show started pounding on his chest until the paramedics got there. They blasted him like 10 times with the defibrillator and couldn't get a pulse. A few weeks after that I kept hearing some dude behind me calling my name randomly during the shows. Each time I'd turn around and no one's there. After a few times I thought to myself maybe it was that dude. What a way to go huh? Dropping dead a Las Vegas show while on vacation. F*ck that!

That theater was messed up. You'd hear chairs moving around when no one was there. We had two old Spot Coves they call them. Basically two dark holes you go sit in and run a follow spot. You're closed in there all by yourself. Well, one of our cleaning ladies got locked in there one night. I mean this thing locked her in there. She was TERRIFIED. She was yelling and hollering from the opening in the Spot Cove. "Let me outta here PLEASE SOMEONE!!" I was always the first one there other than the Production Manager but he usually showed up whenever he wanted lol and when I got up there something actually took her mop stick, unscrewed it off the mop, and put it across the door! She was trapped in there for like an hour. She said no one was there just her cleaning. After that she said there was a "Demon in the theater". She was from Jamaica and was very superstitious and swore that there was a Demon that locked her in there. I don't know about all that but I do know something liked to fuck with us in there. She would only clean in there if someone was with her after that. LOL She was too scared to be in there alone ever again. BTW that was about a year before that dude dropped dead there so it wasn't him lol but something was there for sure. I don't know why old theaters are creepy and got mischievous ghosts but I know for sure that one does!

Cosz, I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off like I was saying you totally discredited it. I meant that I agree with you on the TV thing. My wife says the same shit. "That's all bullshit lies and props". I just wish they didn't do that shit because there's plenty of ways to get evidence whether it's big or not. And hell yeah I dig Man vs. Food! Haven't watched it in a long time though.

I think the worst ones out of the bunch are Ghost Adventures. Zack is a total douche bag. He's more into showing off his Sonic the Hedgehog haircut and showing off his "big muscles". He's a fake, phoney fraud. That is such a shame too what they became because I was living in LV at the time they got some of the BEST evidence of all in the Goldfield Hotel and it was all over the news in Vegas. About a year later all of a sudden they have a TV show...

They all do the same shit too. No one "hunts" in the day! Some of the BEST shit the wife and I ever caught were during the day. Plus it's more difficult and harder to de bunk if you catch something in the day time. They all hunt the SAME places. For a FEW HOURS! How you gonna tell if a place is TRULY haunted in a FEW HOURS?! PLEASE! Especially for people that live in these places and live through hauntings, it insulting to say the least, to tell someone "there's no way this place is haunted" after being there for 4 hours. You can't make shit happen on cue. Well, on TV you can! LOL O.K. geez I've ranted on and on. The paranormal is such a huge part of my life though. Oh that brings me to another quick gripe. This shows NEVER use the right mics either. They use the Dynamic or Condenser mics. You use that for uni directional or to isolate certain frequencies, but the whole POINT is to get LARGEST frequency range possible! USE PARABOLIC!!! I've NEVER seen ANY of them use Parabolic mics when "hunting" and to me that's just Audio 101. When you choose mics for a project you choose mics based on WHAT you are doing! But, none of them ever use real Techs anyway. That bugs me too. These Roto Rooter plumbers (ghost hunters) trying to be the "Authority" and they don't even use the right MICS. Pathetic really.
:smokebuds:

I hate Zach, too. Very phony- and comical. He sees a bug, claims its an orb, and says stuff like "I saW your orb. I know you are trying to tell us you were killed by the milkman on a Tuesday during the full moon in 1879." He gets the full story from a goosebump. They filmed at a fort near here last year. Dont know if its aired, yet. Im anxious to see whats there in the show. In 'real life', its totally empty except for the museaum (sp) and some cannons. Wonder if they'll be a lot of crap kickin around?

LOL. IDK why I thought you posted the dogpigcat. That was Snipe, huh? Hes a good man. Been getting me dialed in on my grows. Id be lost w/o the likes of him!

Im glad this thread is getting a lil active. Love it! +rep, Bro!

Back