Mephisto Genetics Papa E Does Sour Crinkle!

PapaEmeritus

Faded.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Face Off OG & Durban Poison
Why hello again! Papa here with another run of Mephisto goodness!

Strain: Sour Crinkle
Lights: Autocobs x 2 running 24/0
Tent: 2.5'x2.5'x6'
Medium: 100% Canna Coco
Nutes: Maxibloom/CaliMagic/Floralicious Plus/Armor Si/Recharge

Set two seeds to germ via the Mephisto method (moist paper towel inside a dvd case) on 11/13. Both seeds popped & had tails by 3:30pm on 11/14. Moved them into rockwool that evening and they sprouted on 11/15. Each seedling moved into a 2 gallon smart pot w/100 % rehydrated Canna coco.

No nutes til 11/21. Started w/330ppm ph'd to 6.0. Maxibloom/Recharge only.
Jump forward to 11/28 - Day 14. Maxibloom/Armor Si/Calimagic/Floralicious Plus. 580ppm/6.0ph.

So far measuring the runoff from both plants shows them keeping the ph right at 6.0, and the ppm levels are lower than what went in so that's all good, right? First time in coco so I'm doing my best to keep track of what's going in and coming out. :biggrin:

Pics!
[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]. Calling this one "Stretch" since she's a good bit taller than her sister so far.
20171129_Stretch.jpg

And we'll call this one "Shorty" on account of her being smaller than her sister. :biggrin:
20171129_shorty.jpg

And there they are together. :woohoo1:
20171129_010028.jpg

As always, thanks for watching & stay tuned! :thanks:

go Papa! looks like 2 phenos to keep it interesting

Yeah man - same thing happened with my last run of DG. I hope they actually do end up as different phenos - it's been interesting to me as a new grower to see the different traits come out in F1 crosses. :smoking:

Good luck Papa. I have 40 Sour Crinkle coming! May I give you A bit of friendly advice? Don't waste your time checking runoff on Coco. It isn't accurate. The only time it is useful is when flushing. Watch the EC drop to ensure proper flush. Don't water to run off right now, the root growth is far superior vs wet at this stage. Just keep them moist until they get bigger, you will have faster growth.

This can be one reason the one is smaller at this point. Smart Pots hold a lot moisture when roots are not developed. I dont use them anymore, I prefer smaller plastic pots that dry out faster. You want your plants in Coco to get fed multiple times per day, smaller amounts for optimal growth. I feed 6 times per day once they are bigger, via pump/drip stakes. Minimal runoff even at their largest. I have been growing in straight Coco for a VERY long time. Good luck, I will be following.

Good luck Papa. I have 40 Sour Crinkle coming! May I give you A bit of friendly advice? Don't waste your time checking runoff on Coco. It isn't accurate. The only time it is useful is when flushing. Watch the EC drop to ensure proper flush. Don't water to run off right now, the root growth is far superior vs wet at this stage. Just keep them moist until they get bigger, you will have faster growth.

This can be one reason the one is smaller at this point. Smart Pots hold a lot moisture when roots are not developed. I dont use them anymore, I prefer smaller plastic pots that dry out faster. You want your plants in Coco to get fed multiple times per day, smaller amounts for optimal growth. I feed 6 times per day once they are bigger, via pump/drip stakes. Minimal runoff even at their largest. I have been growing in straight Coco for a VERY long time. Good luck, I will be following.

Hey Slow - thanks for following along! I've been studying your methods for awhile now, and I think we've chatted some about setting up something similar but for the moment I'm content to hand-water. I wanna try to get a bit of a feel for the medium before I start getting too fancy, you know? Also, hand-watering is easier on me physically than setting up a drip/pump system and getting it dialed in would be. If you don't mind I would like to continue to pick your brains via PM here and there though. :biggrin:

I will be following. I am curious to try the maxibloom/CalMagic schedule myself

Nice! I've used it for all my grows so far and had pretty nice results. There have been issues with PH, and phosphorous deficiencies gave me a bit of hell with my last grow but those have more to do with my still being a noob than the nutes themselves. Plus, I can do a whole run for hella cheap compared to other nute brands. :thumbsup:

Hey Slow - thanks for following along! I've been studying your methods for awhile now, and I think we've chatted some about setting up something similar but for the moment I'm content to hand-water. I wanna try to get a bit of a feel for the medium before I start getting too fancy, you know? Also, hand-watering is easier on me physically than setting up a drip/pump system and getting it dialed in would be. If you don't mind I would like to continue to pick your brains via PM here and there though. :biggrin:

Nice! I've used it for all my grows so far and had pretty nice results. There have been issues with PH, and phosphorous deficiencies gave me a bit of hell with my last grow but those have more to do with my still being a noob than the nutes themselves. Plus, I can do a whole run for hella cheap compared to other nute brands. :thumbsup:
For sure, just don't go crazy checking Coco runoff. Honestly, it's a waste of time...until flushing IMO. I test my runoff to see it decrease close to 0 as possible. Many times the flushing runoff will be off the charts for days, Coco holds salts. Good luck, I will follow

Back