LIght burn and phospherus deficiency? Purple and dying leaves late flowering

The smaller plant is now starting to show some slight similar signs of the purpling, maybe it is partly a tempt thing and I need to get another heater in there. Possibly up the calmag too?

Tested the PH and EC run off on both
Big more deficient plant: EC 1.0 PH 6.0
Smaller plant: EC 1.1 PH 5.9

I explected them to be more out of whack than that but it all seems okay on that front

I would up the pH to 6.2 as Phosphor and Kalium are better absorbed at a higher pH

It wouldn't hurt to bring up the ph a little more even, depending on your medium. I'd shoot for about 6.5. The purple color could be genetic being that you said you are at late flower. But temps dipping into the 60's (F) can do it too.t

I would up the pH to 6.2 as Phosphor and Kalium are better absorbed at a higher pH
Kalium?
Can I smoke that or make batteries with it?
( just poking ya grobro) :pighug:

Update to this: I think it has been a combination of light stress drying out the leaves, combined with a couple of nutrient deficiencies all falling at a bad time during late flowering.

I have now managed to lift the light further away and train the main cola to the side to even the canopy a little. I looks like the combo of light burned leaves and deficiency led to her cannibalising herself to slowly make it through this part of flowering. The problem is that so few healthy leaves are left to draw from. I have upped the PH to 6.2-6.3 and carried on at about 1.0EC (a+b+ small amount calgmag) but no leaf improvement.

With the above problems she is taking AGES to ripen. 3 weeks ago she was 40% cloudy 60% clear. She still now has less than 2% amber and still over 25% clear trichomes on average across the plant. It seems at this rate she’s going to consume all the fan leaf nutrients before coming anywhere near 90% cloudy.

I think I can justify giving her another week before chopping. Annoying as I was forced to chop my first grow (also this strain) early too and the smoke from that was pretty meh - very heady high that lasted 30 mins tops ‍

Attachments

• A5F90D94-9EF2-432A-8CFA-8879B1E98A3C.jpeg
    A5F90D94-9EF2-432A-8CFA-8879B1E98A3C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
  • CFF36A63-D5C9-4F75-9328-BC76A1BBA46B.jpeg
    CFF36A63-D5C9-4F75-9328-BC76A1BBA46B.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 61
Update to this: I think it has been a combination of light stress drying out the leaves, combined with a couple of nutrient deficiencies all falling at a bad time during late flowering.

I have now managed to lift the light further away and train the main cola to the side to even the canopy a little. I looks like the combo of light burned leaves and deficiency led to her cannibalising herself to slowly make it through this part of flowering. The problem is that so few healthy leaves are left to draw from. I have upped the PH to 6.2-6.3 and carried on at about 1.0EC (a+b+ small amount calgmag) but no leaf improvement.

With the above problems she is taking AGES to ripen. 3 weeks ago she was 40% cloudy 60% clear. She still now has less than 2% amber and still over 25% clear trichomes on average across the plant. It seems at this rate she’s going to consume all the fan leaf nutrients before coming anywhere near 90% cloudy.

I think I can justify giving her another week before chopping. Annoying as I was forced to chop my first grow (also this strain) early too and the smoke from that was pretty meh - very heady high that lasted 30 mins tops ‍
In a lot of cases of deficiencies and light burn the leave never recover from the damage. Look at the newest growth at the small leafs in the colas. This is going to be the best way to see if it's fixed. If the newest growth is still showing signs of problems. You may just have to ride it out.

You are only a week away from chop so it will be ok either way. If you were in early flower you would be able to see if you fixed it a lot easier and it would be more important to fix it. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying give up, I'm just saying I wouldn't loose sleep over it at this point.

The new growth on the bud leaves look slightly nutrient burnt and purpling too? Zoomed in cropped pic attached.

Also on the plant next to her (same strain, 3+ weeks behind) is still showing early signs of everything the big plant is suffering too - burned tips (I don’t know if light or nutes, light has been further away), purpling and veining too - pic with the green pole visible

Attachments

• 3600094B-5C55-4B19-B123-F104CB333F0D.png
    3600094B-5C55-4B19-B123-F104CB333F0D.png
    5 MB · Views: 65
  • 29EE2E2C-671C-4980-9385-ECE784CD7B30.jpeg
    29EE2E2C-671C-4980-9385-ECE784CD7B30.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
Well............ Your EC 1.2 600 PPM is a bit low overall the but the low temperatures would sorta match the nutrient level. Faster growth is at 78°F day 68°F night. I would not run temps like yours until the last couple of weeks to intentionaly bring out the colors .The low temperatures are contributing to the Fall Colors. I see what can be magnesium and potassium looking problems but it may be You used too much Cal-Mag as Canna Coco would already have enough.

Another thing are you fertigating with single nutrients? This will cause lock-outs. If you fertigate with a single nutrient what is presented to the roots at that time will be out of balance with everything. Always add additional nutrients to the regular balanced nutrient mix. Be sure to mix them in the vendor recommended order and strength.

Well............ Your EC 1.2 600 PPM is a bit low overall the but the low temperatures would sorta match the nutrient level. Faster growth is at 78°F day 68°F night. I would not run temps like yours until the last couple of weeks to intentionaly bring out the colors .The low temperatures are contributing to the Fall Colors. I see what can be magnesium and potassium looking problems but it may be You used too much Cal-Mag as Canna Coco would already have enough.

Another thing are you fertigating with single nutrients? This will cause lock-outs. If you fertigate with a single nutrient what is presented to the roots at that time will be out of balance with everything. Always add additional nutrients to the regular balanced nutrient mix. Be sure to mix them in the vendor recommended order and strength.
@Mañ'O'Green . this is the thread I tagged you in. But it didn't post, So I wrote the other tag that I re-wrote for this but it ended up in the other thread.

Back