I use small cages around mine because we have squirrels and rabbits everywhere, and some deer too. Bugs are a bit different, I tried to choose strains that mites dont like as much, and use DE for slugs and bugs. Works for me anyways, best of luck my good sir! :goodluck::kitty:

Bugs I use ortho . Pretty simple grab a couple gallon spay bottle and if your growing close together just start spraying everything. Trees leaves the ground around your plants just fucking everything. That's how I do it. Then I throw some seven dust around my plants and if I have a bad problem I'll coat the whole plant. It will not hurt the leaves at all. My plants are not autos brother . All photo mmj

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

@buzzyman32 how do you get away with only checking your outdoor autos every 3 weeks? I would be worried they would dry out.

Move to an area that gets a good amount of rain throughout the summer. Ive had years where I didn't have to water at all until mid flower.

For outdoor grows how do you keep cats and squirrels and bugs away?

Hmm...chicken wire fence to cage in the plants until they get big enough is a solution but not a stealthy one. We have squirrels by the dozen in out yard and they have never eaten a leaf. Bugs I don't tangle with too much, thanks to the windy location, and our super cold winters keep most bugs in check.

Move to an area that gets a good amount of rain throughout the summer. Ive had years where I didn't have to water at all until mid flower.

Hmm...chicken wire fence to cage in the plants until they get big enough is a solution but not a stealthy one. We have squirrels by the dozen in out yard and they have never eaten a leaf. Bugs I don't tangle with too much, thanks to the windy location, and our super cold winters keep most bugs in check.
Yeah I am in an area that will be a challenge but we will see.. I am kicking it around

Is 8hrs of direct light sort of the, "sweet spot" for best growth?? My backyard gets a little more than 8hrs during the summer for about a month, but it tapers kinda quick.. Is that a bad thing??

My test garden location gets 8 hours of sun tapering down to less than 6 by harvest. Don't expect giant yields from the limited sun, and expect some strains to be a bit loose in regards to density, but crystal formation in limited sun can be just as good as full sun. My 2 best autos from the test garden pulled 112grams(43" tall autoultimate) and 100 grams(54" tall!! Barneys Farm Auto Blue Mammoth).

Bugs I use ortho . Pretty simple grab a couple gallon spay bottle and if your growing close together just start spraying everything. Trees leaves the ground around your plants just fucking everything. That's how I do it. Then I throw some seven dust around my plants and if I have a bad problem I'll coat the whole plant. It will not hurt the leaves at all. My plants are not autos brother . All photo mmj

And where I grow there is a spring at one spot . The other spot I have I'll have to water but it's in a safer place so I can move around more

My test garden location gets 8 hours of sun tapering down to less than 6 by harvest. Don't expect giant yields from the limited sun, and expect some strains to be a bit loose in regards to density, but crystal formation in limited sun can be just as good as full sun. My 2 best autos from the test garden pulled 112grams(43" tall autoultimate) and 100 grams(54" tall!! Barneys Farm Auto Blue Mammoth).
It'll just make it bud sooner than later brother . So depends on how much u want out of it

Back