New Grower OS Purple Haze & BCN CriticalXXL COB LED Organic Grow

Day 13

So been struggling with temps. Getting lows of 16c during lights off. It was 12c so not as bad, but could be much warmer.
At the last resort now, wanted to avoid using a fan heater/radiator as they suck a lot of power but have had to bite the bullet. Set up my radiator next to the tent to go on during lights off. Inlet pulls air through rad so will definitely work.
Contemplated just going 24 hour lights, but feel the plants could do with some rest time. But totally inexperienced with autos so maybe not...?

Here’s the inlet and rad (I have a 2 litre bottle with both ends cut off with ladies tights stretched over the opening to stop any larger particles, flying insects etc getting in.

92782a9338a9b743d48d3fe4cc674cfa.jpg

Gave the plants 250ml water each yesterday. Ph’d 6.2 and bubbled for 24 hours.

Haze is looking a little sad, a bit of light colouration coming through on the vines, cal mag? I may just be being too critical though.

651c0d8c5f16d1f77c99586b358b7fc9.jpg

BCN is doing well. Definitely going to be a bigger plant! A little bit of light colouration coming through too, but not as much as the haze.

4f895f6b9b9e1070f94c9dac2a3face6.jpg

Bought a new humidifier which is a bit of a beast. Gets humidity levels right up there. Hitting 60-70 now.
Have set up both cfls for extra heat, hopefully they’ll help a little with side lighting later on. Optic 2 on the way which should pump everything up to the top level. Definitely went over the top with my investment. But I find it a lot of fun, and money worth spent in my opinion [emoji1]

ecbfd4ae05e3921fc0b3139f2df37dd7.jpg

Just to add, only the left clip fan is on and blowing behind the plants to help circulate the air and vapour coming off humidifier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On autos stick with 1 light regime, autos like stable condition, no changes.

Light regime=light cycle, once u choosed 20/ or 18/6 light cycle stick with it from start to end. Of course u can add exzra light, but there are 2 cobs hanging or what?!

Cfl's close, too hot. Cfl's far, too cold. Your heat is in the Cfl's imo. Find a happy medium, maybe angled on the sides, closer, so the still get some cob love. Is your basement floor concrete? I would raise pots off the floor, if the top of the pot is cold, your roots are colder.

Got an extra timer? You could have the exhaust on a timer to go on and off throughout the day, to keep heat in. I've got my exhaust on a 3° controller to keep temps 77-83 and it works great.

Not to disregard what The Mong says but, I change light cycles with the season. I add 1/2 hour of light every few days, to gear up for winter months. Never had a problem.

Light regime=light cycle, once u choosed 20/ or 18/6 light cycle stick with it from start to end. Of course u can add exzra light, but there are 2 cobs hanging or what?!

Aha, gotcha. Yeah, ok, totally makes sense. On 18/6 so will stick with it.

So currently 2 100 watt cobs, and adding a 2 cob unit with blurple leds from optic. 2 extra cobs are 55 watt each, plus 200 watts of blurples for added UVB and IR. Had a chat with medczech who gave me a run down on what he thought would work best for my set up and general light info. A wealth of cob knowledge that guy has!

Cfl's close, too hot. Cfl's far, too cold. Your heat is in the Cfl's imo. Find a happy medium, maybe angled on the sides, closer, so the still get some cob love. Is your basement floor concrete? I would raise pots off the floor, if the top of the pot is cold, your roots are colder.

Got an extra timer? You could have the exhaust on a timer to go on and off throughout the day, to keep heat in. I've got my exhaust on a 3° controller to keep temps 77-83 and it works great.

Not to disregard what The Mong says but, I change light cycles with the season. I add 1/2 hour of light every few days, to gear up for winter months. Never had a problem.

Heats good during lights on now, steady 26, gonna have to wait till lights off tomorrow to see if the radiator helps.
Yup, floor is concrete. But drop trays are thick heavy duty plastic and I put rubber feet on them so they’re a cm or so off the floor. Originally had metal square flat basket over the trays with pots on, but took away nearly 10cm of height! So they were removed.

Just gonna tinker with the radiator and hone in the ideal temp, but guess that doesn’t compensate for fluctuating temps in the basement. A mate of mine has suggested a thermostat controller so will probably have to get one.

Thanks again

Hi All!

Just want to start by saying thanks for any and all support I may receive. Great that forums like this exist so we can help each out. Hopefully one day I'll be able to dish out some advice too!

So....
I'll start with the setup;
4x2x6 tent.
2 x 120 watt CFL's for seedlings.
2 x 100 watt (wall draw) Optic 1XL COB LED's.
(I'll probably swap out veg cfl's to 2700k's while flowering for additional side lighting).
5 gallon smart pots with CANNA terra profesional soil mix.
Nutes: CANNA Bio Vega, Bio Flores and Bio Boost.
Vent: AC Infinity Cloudline t6 with thermal controller
(thing is overkill, but when run low I genuinely can't even hear it, even with the tent open!)
Vivosun 6" Carbon filter, its huge, but it fits!
I've also added a humidifier as its damn dry down there!
Temps are at about 12c in the basement, and cfl's can't warm it up enough, so added a greenhouse heat bar, raises temps about 8c and no danger as with heater fans etc. Think its just 60watts.

View attachment 948996

Here's the complete setup. I've put the pots on these wire mesh baskets turned upside down. Seem to remember reading somewhere that it can be worthwhile keeping them up and out of their run off, correct me if I'm wrong to think so! Also keeps them off the concrete floor which is rather chilly.

View attachment 948997

My Inline fan set up and the two COBS. These things might be expensive but they look damn awesome! The light intensity its bounds and leaps ahead of the CFL's. When they're on, opening the tent is like stepping out onto a sun deck!

Ive also attached silenced ducting. That coupled with the filter is probably why the fan isn't audible, whatsoever!

I already popped my seeds, so following up with another post on that right now. Get this ball rolling!!
Awesome setup Lorenzo. Very clean. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the cobs. I'm using a dual spectrum 600w hps for my flowering. I found that my LEDs were great for veg as they had lots of blue spectrum but struggled to make dense buds as they were lacking in the red. My buds are forming much much better currently under the hps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Awesome setup Lorenzo. Very clean. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the cobs. I'm using a dual spectrum 600w hps for my flowering. I found that my LEDs were great for veg as they had lots of blue spectrum but struggled to make dense buds as they were lacking in the red. My buds are forming much much better currently under the hps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hey bud,

Thanks man, like to keep thing neat and tidy :) Should be jumpin when my final light addition arrives! I've been hearing some great things about the cobs here on the network. Quite a lot of people using them and getting some amazing results. They do lack a little in a broader spectrum, so i've been told, so adding in some blurple which helps with UVB and IR. Just amazing how cool they run, going to be really handy during the hot summer months here!
Got 2 100 watt cobs plus a unit which has 2 x 60 watt cobs and 160 watts of leds (unit runs at 205 watts though, so they must be turned down a touch). 405 watt total which should be more than enough for my size tent with two plants. Got the two 130watt CFL's as well, but have no idea how useful they'll be for side lighting. Right now theyre great for some extra heat!

Back