New Grower OS Purple Haze & BCN CriticalXXL COB LED Organic Grow

Heya Giant,

the guys guided already in the right direction, 38° much too hot, try to bring temps down to 24-25° while lights on and not less than 20° lights off, you can easiliy hang cobs in there at day 9 and distance should be good at 90 cm to start and watch how they love it, it start my grows directly under LED's at 100 cm going down about every 5 days...

Heya Giant,

the guys guided already in the right direction, 38° much too hot, try to bring temps down to 24-25° while lights on and not less than 20° lights off, you can easiliy hang cobs in there at day 9 and distance should be good at 90 cm to start and watch how they love it, it start my grows directly under LED's at 100 cm going down about every 5 days...

Hey Bro!

So had a big shuffle around! Temps seem to of dropped considerably. Will check again before I hit the sack.

You may find how I’ve now hung the cfls amusing!!!
Have run out of adjustable hangers so could only put one up. But basically have them suspended down the sides of the tent with two adjustable hangers holding them up and then another two attached to the straight side of the reflector holding them down, so they’re nicely flush with sides. Probably pointless now but will help with keeping temps up. 12c in the sorrounding basement so can get quite chilly. Thinking they may provide nice additional side lighting once they’re bigger.
I’ve also got an optic 2 led on its way for the centre. Has mixed leds plus 2 additional 50 watt cobs. Been chatting with medczech who made the recommendations for lights. Don’t think he had an opinion on the cfls though!

d6eedb896a43c244f9051f6a68de6c27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah, most important: -----> Relax! Let the girls do their work, if not u drive crazy next 10 weeks!
And smoke 1:pass:

Day 10

Temps at a happy 24-25.
Now I seem to be having troubles keeping rh up. 30%-50% and that’s with my humidifier on its highest setting. Going to go out and buy something with a bigger reservoir to keep it steadier and higher.
They seem happy though, taking to the light from the cobs :D

BCN

061be2118031ce0fb9c9ed121d97eff6.jpg

Haze

6eee23b0f008292142db59f139784419.jpg

Day 11

So went out and got the grow a bigger humidifier. Think it’s a losing battle, just gonna have to go with what I’m dealt on that one. At least the basement isn’t dripping with moisture and breeding mold! That’d be a much bigger issue so gotta count myself lucky.

Not having such problems with high temps now but my max min thermo told me I had minimums of 12.3c! I was home earlier during lights off and the probe for my inline fan said 17c so something’s a miss here. Gets cold here in the evenings but can’t imagine temps drop to 12c with all the lights on.

At the end of the day, plants seem healthy! Haze is somewhat smaller than the bcn, but that is an XXL strain! Haze is actually a little more developed so making sense.

Haven’t watered since Saturday (my Monday evening now) but a cm or two below the surface is still moist and there’s still weight to the pots, so guess them roots just gotta go on searchin and suckin! Will probably give them a drink tomorrow though, don’t want to push them too far!

BCN

5dd970337d6fa19d88f3571796fa4978.jpg

Haze

2c82728e612b8cb91d297d18f9b9322e.jpg

Last edited:
That's the way to cold, u must rise temps if not u get risky of stunted plants...

yup, definitely. Just a bit confused about how and when it’s happening. My thermo that’s has max min readings is old, think I’ll need to replace it. Just really can’t imagine I’m getting those temps with all lights on. Been left a little confused but I’ll get to the bottom of it!
Thanks for checking in though, really appreciate the extra eyes and thoughts :d5:

Back