New Grower OS Purple Haze & BCN CriticalXXL COB LED Organic Grow

Verify that your 38c is accurate (use an IR thermometer or whatever you have).
I'd like too see 28c so 10c down.
Looks like leaves have slight cupping=heat stress.
Just some minor tweaks.

Verify that your 38c is accurate (use an IR thermometer or whatever you have).
I'd like too see 28c so 10c down.
Looks like leaves have slight cupping=heat stress.
Just some minor tweaks.
38 is high man, should be lower for sure. 90 tops and that's still a bit uncomfortable.

Its been pretty accurate beforehand. Have measured it against other thermometers and seems ok.
Problem is with cfls so low, the hoods just trap the heat in there. Cfl gives off quite a bit of heat when so close, so maybe blow a fan up and underneath to get more airflow?
Struggle with low RH so have the humidifier blowing under there too, worry if I blow the fan underneath as well the moisture will just get whipped away.
Temperatures inside the tent, not on the soil are a solid 24/25 now, its just so hot right by the light :S

This is what the setup currently looks like. Grey plastic thing in the middle is the thermometer

2d32094800e5c5bdb96058ddc449e03e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya those 125w CFL's throw a decent amount of heat close up, just find the "sweet spot" and you'll be golden.
They do indeed. Quite frustrating as you need them pretty much as close as possible! Guess right now as its still very early on its not too much of an issue. Just dont want to stunt them from the beginning. Enough light but too much heat, right temp but too little light! Arghhh!

Those bulb designs just seem wrong and inefficient. How much light do think that top bulb is really contributing to the plant. You have to rely on reflection from the top lid to bounce the light back to hit the plant. Heck, even the top side bulbs too. Seems like something of a flat design would be more appropriate, and probably generate less heat due to better focusing and less blubs. Just a thought.

Those bulb designs just seem wrong and inefficient. How much light do think that top bulb is really contributing to the plant. You have to rely on reflection from the top lid to bounce the light back to hit the plant. Heck, even the top side bulbs too. Seems like something of a flat design would be more appropriate, and probably generate less heat due to better focusing and less blubs. Just a thought.

Agreed. They're only for getting the seedlings going. Then i'll probably use them for side lighting. Running cobs, but may be a bit intense right now while theyre so small

Back