Outdoor Opi's 2015 greenhouse action!

Day 17. My last day home, and gone for another week. It's always exciting to see how much they grow while I'm away. Looking forward to comming home already!

The girls were twisting, and reaching for the sun this morning. They love following it across the sky. I miss seeing that on my indoor grows.

CM: P5080063.JPG Still leading the way in growth.

TS: P5080061.JPG Catching up slowly

SC: P5080065.JPG Still a stumpy midget. But she's got tiny little side branches forming, so at least she's trying :)

So there's the good news. The bad news is, last night I came to the realization that this may be my last backyard grow for a long while. The kids are getting older, and starting to have neighbourhood friends come by and run amuck all over the property. It's only a matter of time before one of them stumbles into the greenhouse, or figures out what's going on. I have strict no children in the greenhouse rules, but let's face it... How many of us were totally cool with following rules when we were young and surrounded by friends? Oh well... At least my tent is inside a locked room, in a box with a couple padlocks on it :)

Maybe next season it'll be time to consider some guerilla action.

OPI QUESTION FOR YA I ALSO HAVE A HOOP HOUSE STYLE GRREN HOUSE I ASSEMBLED EARLIER THIS YEAR I WAS PLANNING ON USING IT FOR GROWING BUT MY TEMPS SEEM TO BE CLIMBING UP INOT THE 100S IN THERE. ID LOVE TO USE IT TO KEEP PRYING EYES OFF.
I CANT ROLL UP THE SIDES LIEK U CAN HOEVER I DO HAVE VENTS ALL OVER AND CAN ROLL UP THE FRONT DOOR. HAVE U FOUND AN ADVANTAGE TO THE GREENHOUSE AS OPPOSED IN JUST STRAIGHT SUNSHINE?

IF YOU COULD CHECK OUT MY GROW ID LOVE ANY TIPS https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/outdoor-mephisto-grow.43049/

Hey man, thanks for stopping by! :pass:

There's a few advantages indeed. For my situation anyways..

Where I live, we can get tons of rain early in the season, and again late in the season. I can't count how many times I've seen plants go to mould because of nothing but rain for the last month of their lifes. Or how many plants didn't get fed for weeks on end due to never drying out. I've also been able to bring my plants outside a little earlier. I still bring them in at night when their young, but it's perfect during the day.

My Temps hit the 100s in there as well at times, but with a nice breeze, and some good air flow, I haven't seen much for heat stress. This is only my second season growing in it, and the first time I had to move my plants outside about mid way through the grow due to them getting way to big for the space, so I can't say for sure if it's better than straight sunshine or not, but I can tell you that anything we've put in there (veggies and such) always turn out better than the ones out in the yard... So there's that :)

Sweet looking girls you got there by the way! Nice work!

Thanks Opi, I appreciate the kind words this is my first run with autos, have grown photos before and always outdoors hate spending extra money on electricity esp where I live in so cal shits not cheap.

I moved all the girls inside the greenhouse last night due to it getting fairly windy last night and I think they are going to stay there and see what happens.

we also have some tomatoes in there (cherry, heirloom, beefsteak, romas) as well as a ton of veggies Including a purple bell pepper who even new they existed haha. anyways beautiful set of ladys you have there as well.

and I know what you mean about maybe having to go inside I also have little ones who may want to start having friends over .

Back