Grow Mediums One Down Two to Grow

I use the gold/copper root mat/disc in the pot and the pot sock. The pot has an airdome also. I took these photo's 15 minutes ago.

I am going to need some advice as I estimate my plant has three+ more weeks.
This pot is as light as a feather and I guess I am basically doing shallow water culture as it feels nothing is "wicking" up into the coco?!?
Thanks.
@lunarman @pop22 @Sensi Jay @Nosias

38273373574_61b06e15ff_o.jpg

38273375114_c5e72824c0_o.jpg

38952602862_393020e989_o.jpg

24124728057_dc3c5e4bc0_o.jpg

38952607842_0b30366df6_o.jpg

38989098361_668df93479_o.jpg

I've never seen this before. It may be you installed the root control disk upside down. However, I've even reused the disks with the copper worn off and not seen such roots! with a rootmas like this, your probably not getting wicking to the coco. I'd say just ride it out at the point

I've never seen this before. It may be you installed the root control disk upside down. However, I've even reused the disks with the copper worn off and not seen such roots! with a rootmas like this, your probably not getting wicking to the coco. I'd say just ride it out at the point

Thanks, I trust your judgment and experience @pop22

I certainly wonder if I somehow put that disc in upside down but now I am where I is.

Thanks again. She is drinking like the dickens and is healthy so I agree with leaving it.

That root mass has grown tenfold in 4-5 days so I do wonder where it ends LOL

You could suspend it in a bucket of solution... sot of a conversion to DWC..........lol

Thanks, I trust your judgment and experience @pop22

I certainly wonder if I somehow put that disc in upside down but now I am where I is.

Thanks again. She is drinking like the dickens and is healthy so I agree with leaving it.

That root mass has grown tenfold in 4-5 days so I do wonder where it ends LOL

You could suspend it in a bucket of solution... sot of a conversion to DWC..........lol

I may have to if it pushes the pot much further up, out of the tray. It's up a good 3/4" at this point and I plant to trim any that escape the pot sock and head for the valve but otherwidse, unless roosts start getting exposed to air, I am gonna keep it the way it is. She's gone through nearly a gallon of nutes in the last 28 hrs!!!

:slap::slap:

I use the gold/copper root mat/disc in the pot and the pot sock. The pot has an airdome also. I took these photo's 15 minutes ago.

I am going to need some advice as I estimate my plant has three+ more weeks.
This pot is as light as a feather and I guess I am basically doing shallow water culture as it feels nothing is "wicking" up into the coco?!?
Thanks.
@lunarman @pop22 @Sensi Jay @Nosias

View attachment 838309

View attachment 838310

View attachment 838311

View attachment 838312

View attachment 838313

View attachment 838314

Hey @pop22

If I was to do the DWC attempt (my thought would be to put the pot in a 5 gallon pail in enough solution to cover the same area of the pot the tray/pot sock covers or about 2 inches) do you think the airdome would be enough aeration for a pseudo DWC or would I need to add air stones? Thx.

I agree. The roots are healthy but are preventing the wicking. Just continue like you are doing now

Back