Grow Mediums One Down Two to Grow

My other two pots are a different brand of coco, canna coco I think.
The GCA was the last of a brick of botanicare coco and i had no problems with her nor the two previous plants in my first grow.
These two BBA's in the canna coco are heavy as sh*t.
I just pulled BBA1 out and dumped a gallon of nutes mixed with great white to charge up some beneficials since I flushed a couple days ago.
After an hour, I have less than a quart of runoff and the pot weighs a ton.
This coco is not draining correctly.
Crappy coco or root rot? What's holding all that solution in there? It's a 70/30 perlite mix??
Thanks.
@pop22
@Nosias
@green genes

Follow up question, run to the shop and grab a bale of botanicare and repot them even though about 1 and 2 weeks into flower??

don't see what difference brand of coco would make. Give it a few hours, let the plant take up some of the solution.
My other two pots are a different brand of coco, canna coco I think.
The GCA was the last of a brick of botanicare coco and i had no problems with her nor the two previous plants in my first grow.
These two BBA's in the canna coco are heavy as sh*t.
I just pulled BBA1 out and dumped a gallon of nutes mixed with great white to charge up some beneficials since I flushed a couple days ago.
After an hour, I have less than a quart of runoff and the pot weighs a ton.
This coco is not draining correctly.
Crappy coco or root rot? What's holding all that solution in there? It's a 70/30 perlite mix??
Thanks.
@pop22
@Nosias
@green genes

Follow up question, run to the shop and grab a bale of botanicare and repot them even though about 1 and 2 weeks into flower??

No @green genes

This is a green crack auto growing right beside that Blueberry auto. Different reservoirs. Actually two BBA's growing beside this one.

Yeah, I think I will leave this one to keep on doing what it's doing, should only be another week or three.

Thanks.
good thing u had the sock on. u have an air dome too?

Sent using Tapatalk

Good Morning Journal.

Folks, I am pretty pleased this morning! BBA1 looks better this morning than she has in 2 weeks. She was not drooping this morning like she had been each morning and, I think she is a tad greener on the tops. Better looking nonetheless. I didn’t have the gumption to unhook 4 led’s so pics will be later or upon my return Sunday.

Last evening, I took BBA1 out of the tent. Placed the pot in a 5 gal pail and took a gallon of her nute mix from the res and mixed in a prescribed amount (.36g) of Great White powder. This will supplement the hydroguard with beneficial bacteria for the roots. I slowly poured the entire gallon through the pot and let it sit draining for a few hours. Then I put it back in the tent and this morning she looks 50-75% better than yesterday.

Seeing the start of the twisty tiny new growth on BBA2 I came up with a drastic plan. Her pot was also very heavy and waterlogged, not correct for a pot full of coco and roots. I convinced myself that the last coco I bought was just not draining properly and one of these suckers was getting repotted.

I mixed up a new batch after running to the grow store and grabbing a bale of GH Cocotek Coco Coir. I bloomed it, rinsed it many times (a challenge in my basement). I charged the coco with some mild base nutes, hydroguard and cal mag and soaked it several times with this mixture, letting it drain well.

I got a new autopot set up (airdome and air line, hydroton and root control disc. I ripped BBA2 out of her pot and I wish I had taken pics. Not one iota of root rot anywhere to be seem. Nice healthy roots and quite the mass woven into the air dome.

I literally cut the lower third of the root mass off and used my fingers to remove a good deal of the exterior coco/perlite. I repotted BBA2 into the new pot and packed her good with fresh coco. Then I mixed a very mild batch of base nutes with hydroguard, calmag and .36g of great white. I saturated the pot three times and let it drain each time. I then left her out of the tent in a corner of the basement where she would get just muted light and a longer dark period.

I went to bed expecting her to be shocked badly if not showing signs of early death. Not. Looks better than before the transplant IMO. I left the airdome on all night and just let her drain and chill. Leave tonight and return Sunday weather permitting. Fingers crossed. Note to self: Check reservoir spigots before leaving.

BBA2 after Repotting

24047624707_a3b8d8e9a0_o.jpg

38026037965_ab2f95e172_o.jpg

Good Morning Journal.

Folks, I am pretty pleased this morning! BBA1 looks better this morning than she has in 2 weeks. She was not drooping this morning like she had been each morning and, I think she is a tad greener on the tops. Better looking nonetheless. I didn’t have the gumption to unhook 4 led’s so pics will be later or upon my return Sunday.

Last evening, I took BBA1 out of the tent. Placed the pot in a 5 gal pail and took a gallon of her nute mix from the res and mixed in a prescribed amount (.36g) of Great White powder. This will supplement the hydroguard with beneficial bacteria for the roots. I slowly poured the entire gallon through the pot and let it sit draining for a few hours. Then I put it back in the tent and this morning she looks 50-75% better than yesterday.

Seeing the start of the twisty tiny new growth on BBA2 I came up with a drastic plan. Her pot was also very heavy and waterlogged, not correct for a pot full of coco and roots. I convinced myself that the last coco I bought was just not draining properly and one of these suckers was getting repotted.

I mixed up a new batch after running to the grow store and grabbing a bale of GH Cocotek Coco Coir. I bloomed it, rinsed it many times (a challenge in my basement). I charged the coco with some mild base nutes, hydroguard and cal mag and soaked it several times with this mixture, letting it drain well.

I got a new autopot set up (airdome and air line, hydroton and root control disc. I ripped BBA2 out of her pot and I wish I had taken pics. Not one iota of root rot anywhere to be seem. Nice healthy roots and quite the mass woven into the air dome.

I literally cut the lower third of the root mass off and used my fingers to remove a good deal of the exterior coco/perlite. I repotted BBA2 into the new pot and packed her good with fresh coco. Then I mixed a very mild batch of base nutes with hydroguard, calmag and .36g of great white. I saturated the pot three times and let it drain each time. I then left her out of the tent in a corner of the basement where she would get just muted light and a longer dark period.

I went to bed expecting her to be shocked badly if not showing signs of early death. Not. Looks better than before the transplant IMO. I left the airdome on all night and just let her drain and chill. Leave tonight and return Sunday weather permitting. Fingers crossed. Note to self: Check reservoir spigots before leaving.

BBA2 after Repotting

View attachment 837019

View attachment 837020
Gotta do what you believe you gotta go. Bold move,

Update 12/10/17

I left home 48 hours ago with a plant in preflower that I violently transplanted into fresh coco coir and pot (BBA2). I had a plant (BBA1) that was looking toxic for a week or two that was on the 3rd attempt to right it’s imbalance(s). I also have an independent, problem free (for the most part) plant that just is, (GCA).

BBA1 Day Day 52 from Sprout - Post Infirmary Stay
Still watching closely, looks markedly better IMO
27188978129_2b372a101a_o.jpg

38966264321_26265a59e6_o.jpg

38966264511_67faa481c5_o.jpg

BBA2 Day 42 from Sprout - Post Abrupt and semi Violent Transplant 12/7/17
38966261431_e25acbf08e_o.jpg

38966262621_11e8f5e870_o.jpg

38966263541_5ed0638e0c_o.jpg

38966264061_45e2a728b7_o.jpg

GCA Day 66 from sprout Day 29 of Flowering

Not much change from few days ago