New Grower NugNoob's - First Grow Adventure! AK-47's

Bro, fungus is not a major issue, and maybe beneficial, so I would have persevered with those girls if that was the only issue.

Also I had quite a few on my current grow, not that I saw any detrimental effect on the girls, can you conclusively say you have seen damage? A few are not going to stunt them.

The best remedy for gnats are nematodes, should only be $15, clears them out guaranteed.

Bro, fungus is not a major issue, and maybe beneficial, so I would have persevered with those girls if that was the only issue.

Also I had quite a few on my current grow, not that I saw any detrimental effect on the girls, can you conclusively say you have seen damage? A few are not going to stunt them.

The best remedy for gnats are nematodes, should only be $15, clears them out guaranteed.
Hey my friend,

I agree to @Sensi Jay....maybe there is an issue, why you don´t believe in you, but I want to encourage you:yay:, if you would to remember:pighug:..like you have written on my thread about it, when I got problems....." Ruderalis genes are hard enough to take more, than photos" and I was nearlly to kill it and you encouraged me to go forward, normally when something went wrong in the past on my grows I killed it and started new, but after joining here on AFN...and I learned so much really...I understood of the ruderalis pretty well of it....I really confirm your advises and @Chester that I was going on at my grow and now they are doing more then fine...PLZ let me know, if can do anything to help, Pro:pass:

I guess I was hasty with the fungi mushroom thing, but my thought was this is probably where the fungus gnats are working out of as this was the only grow bag that had fungus growing all over suddenly. My thought too was if this is the only one or the worst one with active gnat larvae then I should get rid of it, as an effort to help the other two along. I get that it can be a sign the soil is doing it's thing and that most likely the soil is healthy in one respect, yet the fact that fungus gnats are starting to pop out of a grow bag that has fungus popping out of it too isn't reassuring to me that this is to my benefit when they haven't grown at all for over a week. Conclusively? I can conclusively say that all the tiny little roots were real brown and shriveled, there was sort of a single white one that was the biggest or straight one on the one I tossed so maybe that's why it still looked pretty green and not dead yet, idk.... After I dug around some more it had fungus everywhere (a lot), likely from the extra watering I did the last few days trying to get the pH right (thinking that was the reason the grow seemed to stop) when most likely the issue isn't a couple of gnats flying around it's gnat larva that eat away at decomposing soil and the roots get caught in there too (turning the roots brown, stunting and usually eventually killing young seedlings) Now I've heard almost a dozen different guarantee'd remedies and then others say no way that doesn't work. I've spent $40 buying 2 different organic safe insecticides and simple play sand, sticky traps and hydrogen peroxide in my local area trying to save these two. So far all I can say is, not a whole lot of gnats. Hopefully eventually none.

What I can also say conclusively is I do not know what else would halt a grow like this for this long except, probably a lot of larva problems stunting them. Yes I am new but compared to others it's not growing too well. I have logged just about everything I did or noticed in this excel sheet I created if you or anyone wants to take a look. Link is from my Google Drive below...

AK-47 1st Grow Log (Excel Spreadsheet)

Hey my friend,

I agree to @Sensi Jay....maybe there is an issue, why you don´t believe in you, but I want to encourage you:yay:, if you would to remember:pighug:..like you have written on my thread about it, when I got problems....." Ruderalis genes are hard enough to take more, than photos" and I was nearlly to kill it and you encouraged me to go forward, normally when something went wrong in the past on my grows I killed it and started new, but after joining here on AFN...and I learned so much really...I understood of the ruderalis pretty well of it....I really confirm your advises and @Chester that I was going on at my grow and now they are doing more then fine...PLZ let me know, if can do anything to help, Pro:pass:

Want to make it clear, again I am not simply giving up on this grow, I am giving it a realistic time frame for it to start growing again. While Ruderalis genes are strong, I can't say anything about these particular seeds as that information wasn't available from where I got them and elsewhere on AFN these beans are looking to well. Also, a seedling can only take so much before it just won't recover and Autos are on a time crunch as it stands. While I want the best for them, I just don't have high hopes for these 2 at this point, sorry but that's how I feel about it.

Thanks all for your help!

Last edited:
I guess I was hasty with the fungi mushroom thing, but my thought was this is probably where the fungus gnats are working out of as this was the only grow bag that had fungus growing all over suddenly. My thought too was if this is the only one or the worst one with active gnat larvae then I should get rid of it, as an effort to help the other two along. I get that it can be a sign the soil is doing it's thing and that most likely the soil is healthy in one respect, yet the fact that fungus gnats are starting to pop out of a grow bag that has fungus popping out of it too isn't reassuring to me that this is to my benefit when they haven't grown at all for over a week. Conclusively? I can conclusively say that all the tiny little roots were real brown and shriveled, there was sort of a single white one that was the biggest or straight one on the one I tossed so maybe that's why it still looked pretty green and not dead yet, idk.... After I dug around some more it had fungus everywhere (a lot), likely from the extra watering I did the last few days trying to get the pH right (thinking that was the reason the grow seemed to stop) when most likely the issue isn't a couple of gnats flying around it's gnat larva that eat away at decomposing soil and the roots get caught in there too (turning the roots brown, stunting and usually eventually killing young seedlings) Now I've heard almost a dozen different guarantee'd remedies and then others say no way that doesn't work. I've spent $40 buying 2 different organic safe insecticides and simple play sand, sticky traps and hydrogen peroxide in my local area trying to save these two. So far all I can say is, not a whole lot of gnats. Hopefully eventually none.

What I can also say conclusively is I do not know what else would halt a grow like this for this long except, probably a lot of larva problems stunting them. Yes I am new but compared to others it's not growing too well. I have logged just about everything I did or noticed in this excel sheet I created if you or anyone wants to take a look. Link is from my Google Drive below...

AK-47 1st Grow Log (Excel Spreadsheet)

Want to make it clear, again I am not simply giving up on this grow, I am giving it a realistic time frame for it to start growing again. While Ruderalis genes are strong, I can't say anything about these particular seeds as that information wasn't available from where I got them and elsewhere on AFN these beans are looking to well. Also, a seedling can only take so much before it just won't recover and Autos are on a time crunch as it stands. While I want the best for them, I just don't have high hopes for these 2 at this point, sorry but that's how I feel about it.

Thanks all for your help!
Called in budelee..he will know how to do at it..peace

Hope not lol Budelee will just tell me to stop being a pussy and make them bend to my will until they work! ...jk...mostly.
Nah...you kind of what? But I did..like I know him he´s reading at yours wright now...and you will get answered....go for it BRO!

Back