New Grower NugNoob's - First Grow Adventure! AK-47's

Nugnoob. As sorry as I am, you found fungus gnats, I'm happy you got it nailed.
I've had battles with fungus gnats, late in a grow. I tried many things.
The one, two punch of, yellow sticky traps and Food Grade Diatimateous Earth was the final blow. And I keep these on hand, always. I found a single gnat a couple months ago...sprinkled DE on top of soil...hung a couple stickies. Nothing.

I've heard the dunks work for others. Not for me.

Good luck bro. You have all the help you need, just thought I'd chime in on my experience.

When will do you next
Hey I saw this post and read through it all seeing as we started our grows around the same time. Sucks to see your grow take a wrong turn, even with all the planning. Sending positive vibes to you and your plants. Gonna follow along and see how it goes.

Good vibes are at it..:pass:

Nugnoob. As sorry as I am, you found fungus gnats, I'm happy you got it nailed.
I've had battles with fungus gnats, late in a grow. I tried many things.
The one, two punch of, yellow sticky traps and Food Grade Diatimateous Earth was the final blow. And I keep these on hand, always. I found a single gnat a couple months ago...sprinkled DE on top of soil...hung a couple stickies. Nothing.

Good luck bro. You have all the help you need, just thought I'd chime in on my experience.

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. Thanks Yeats for the support man. Been feeling a little blue because of this turn out. But what can ya do. Same to @TheMongol thanks and everyone really. Jingo's been a huge help as well but really all of AFN.

Its been a few days and I've still spoted a few gnats each day. Tiniest bit of growth but nothing to be happy about. So like I suspected earlier, this grow may be coming to a close.

I've got more seeds on the way and have a few new products ordered from Amazon including "food safe" DE, clay pebbles, mosquito bites all of which I plan to use at prep of the new medium. I also plan to pre-wet the new medium again but this time with 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed into the water as this is supposed to help kill possible larvae. Not sure about eggs though. And of course got some yellow sticky mats. In addition ive picked up Mephisto GBD super soil, mammoth P and Recharge. Will probably give Roots Organic a go from a local hydro shop that seems to have it near by. They said they store it indoors so... We'll see lol.

I heard cooking organic soil isn't s good idea. I was gonna try coco but got damn it I wanna do soil successful even just once! All of this of course in a effort to ensure no pests at the beginning to pop out later, as I'm certain the eggs were in the soil and didnt come from the outside.

Thanks all for your support its been invaluable, truly. Probably wont be any updates here anymore, depends if they start growing again. Once I get my next grow going will start what I think will be called grow 1.5. Will likely wait until they are two weeks and look healthy before creating the coming journal this time.

-The biggest noob on AFN
:chimp:

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this yesterday. Thanks Yeats for the support man. Been feeling a little blue because of this turn out. But what can ya do. Same to @TheMongol thanks and everyone really. Jingo's been a huge help as well but really all of AFN.

Its been a few days and I've still spoted a few gnats each day. Tiniest bit of growth but nothing to be happy about. So like I suspected earlier, this grow is coming to a close.

Ive got more seeds on the way and have a few new products ordered from Amazon including "food safe" DE, clay pebbles, mosquito bites all of which I plan to use at prep of the new medium. I also plan to pre-wet the new medium again but this time with 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed into the water as this is supposed to help kill possible larvae. Not sure about eggs though. And of course got some yellow sticky mats. In addition ive picked up Mephisto GBD super soil, mammoth P and Recharge. Will probably give Roots Organic a go from a local hydro shop that seems to have it near by. They said they store it indoors so... We'll see lol.

I heard cooking organic soil isn't s good idea. I was gonna try coco but got damn it I wanna do soil successful even just once! All of this of course in a effort to ensure no pests at the beginning to pop out later, as I'm certain the eggs were in the soil and didnt come from the outside.

Thanks all for your support its been invaluable, truly. Probably wont be any updates here anymore. Once I get my next grow going will start what I think will be called grow 1.5. Will likely wait until they are two weeks and look healthy before creating the coming journal this time.

-The biggest noob on AFN

:chimp:

Oh man....i feel you so much....I believe IN you...:greenthumb:

Nugnoob. Your decision is your decision but you haven't failed man. It's a bump in the road. It takes a bit for the gnats to get sorted...wont happen overnight. I would hang on, and fight those bastards. They really are the easiest pest to deal with, as far as I know.

Nugnoob. Your decision is your decision but you haven't failed man. It's a bump in the road. It takes a bit for the gnats to get sorted...wont happen overnight. I would hang on, and fight those bastards. They really are the easiest pest to deal with, as far as I know.

Hey @NugNoob,

I agree to Yeatster, but it´s your decision...looking in my past grows it takes about 1-2 weeks to deal with the gnats.....I´m so sorry, man,was running out of time when you posted...damn those gnats:-(

I'm giving them some more time. It just sucks cause they definitely been stunted hard I assume because of this. So once the gnats are gone hopefully in a few days, and hopefully a few days after that any remaining hatched larva that is in the soil dies off...

Assuming these 2 are still alive...How much more can these AK's go from where they are at 3-3.5 weeks at that point? Probably still looking like their 10 days old. By that time it seems I could restart the grow with tried and true genetics, with grow improvements, will probably grow quicker and know for sure that something is going to come to fruition.

Thats all I'm saying, weighing the options. I definitely dont want to just kill them. They're my babies, they have names and feelings!

Thanks

I'm giving them some more time. It just sucks cause they definitely been stunted hard I assume because of this. So once the gnats are gone hopefully in a few days, and hopefully a few days after that any remaining hatched larva that is in the soil dies off...

Assuming these 2 are still alive...How much more can these AK's go from where they are at 3-3.5 weeks at that point? Probably still looking like their 10 days old. By that time it seems I could restart the grow with tried and true genetics, with grow improvements, will probably grow quicker and know for sure that something is going to come to fruition.

Thats all I'm saying, weighing the options. I definitely dont want to just kill them. They're my babies, they have names and feelings!

Thanks
I totally understand and feel the same way. What I would do, is start a couple more soon, when the situation is in control. At least then, you have back up, if you decide to pull the trigger.
I hope you keep this thread rolling through. It's great for others in this exact situation. You'll pull through...trust.

Back