Lighting Now it's my turn COB DIY

Okay... and thanks.. i maybe gonna use one more, has not decided yet build one X 10 lamp or 2X5

i will be making another the same as this one so i will have 2x200w diy lights with dimming that will kill a 600w hps with less heat and tons more light

Hey @2Stoned2Care I completely understand your situation being in the Eu and the trouble getting parts but I do have to say that kapton tape isn't an afn accepted method. I can tell by looking at it that you did a great job making the light and it is probably as safe as it gets. I can't say that's the case with the thousands of others who will read this. The message afn, myself and pop22, would like to send off is that safety is no 1. We can't assist the public like with you and the others who are doing journals so we don't know exactly what they are doing. That's why holders are so important or if tape is used it's kept quiet.

All I can picture is some hillbilly redneck building a light with spare parts from his scrap pile and grabbing his wife's scotch tape and holding his cobs together. As he yells to his toothless wife "Hey honey guy on that auto flower site is hanging his cobbers with tape!" You know how the end goes, A week later they fall off and his trailer burns down. What the point of this is you really never know. I'd like to think if it was used then they would use kapton or do a nice job like you did but the reality is some nut will indeed think regular tape is fine after seeing pics all over the internet. Atleast Afn will know the recommendation didn't come from here.

Hey @2Stoned2Care I completely understand your situation being in the Eu and the trouble getting parts but I do have to say that kapton tape isn't an afn accepted method. I can tell by looking at it that you did a great job making the light and it is probably as safe as it gets. I can't say that's the case with the thousands of others who will read this. The message afn, myself and pop22, would like to send off is that safety is no 1. We can't assist the public like with you and the others who are doing journals so we don't know exactly what they are doing. That's why holders are so important or if tape is used it's kept quiet.

All I can picture is some hillbilly redneck building a light with spare parts from his scrap pile and grabbing his wife's scotch tape and holding his cobs together. As he yells to his toothless wife "Hey honey guy on that auto flower site is hanging his cobbers with tape!" You know how the end goes, A week later they fall off and his trailer burns down. What the point of this is you really never know. I'd like to think if it was used then they would use kapton or do a nice job like you did but the reality is some nut will indeed think regular tape is fine after seeing pics all over the internet. Atleast Afn will know the recommendation didn't come from here.

Exactly bro thats why i have not done a diy build thread.i dont wont people burning there houses down because they see my light build.i only used the kapton tape to get it up and running but have just ordered some bjb holders from a uk store that i will be using then i will start a diy build thread

Exactly bro thats why i have not done a diy build thread.i dont wont people burning there houses down because they see my light build.i only used the kapton tape to get it up and running but have just ordered some bjb holders from a uk store that i will be using then i will start a diy build thread
YES!! Perfect man and I'm thrilled you understand. I can't wait to see it done with the bjb's!

YES!! Perfect man and I'm thrilled you understand. I can't wait to see it done with the bjb's!

Just for safety i have removed the pics.i have had thoughts of people just hanging them round there plants like christmas decorations hahahaha

I actually spoke to the sales rep from bjb about a month ago and he was a pretty amazing guy. Bjb is vary passionate about their products and from experience I can tell there isn't a better holder available. Ideal on the other hand works but I have seen so many of my cobs pop out as I went to set them on the heatsinks. It's basically like a one time use thing. No problems once it's attached to the heatsink but a real pain in the ass.

Just for safety i have removed the pics.i have had thoughts of people just hanging them round there plants like christmas decorations hahahaha
Thanks man, mainly for that laugh. :rofl: Not sure where I mentioned it and really wish I saved the pic of the light mover the guy made out of a half of a bicycle hanging from his ceiling. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! Oh man that was funny.

Back