Yep. I ad my cal/mag and test the next day at room temp always. But I've seen my tap water go from 6.9 one time to 8.4 the next! And the more alkaline the water is, the harder it is to get stable ph organically.

The pH at room temperature is ~7 meaning there are about 10-7 moles of H+ per liter of water at room temperature. As the temperature increases, the ability of water to ionize in this way increases and so the concentration of H+ in solution will increase (and hence the pH will drop).
Which is why Ph meters show the temp and why it is generally advised to measure water at room temp approx 20C or 70F.
Here is a Ph temp difference calc if it helps - https://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/PhTempCorrection.php
The better quality meters will adjust to various temps of water, so something like a Hanna HI-98127 Pocket pHep4 Water Resistant pH Tester will adjust accordingly but the price is high.
I use 5 liter water containers for seedlings and young plant and a 30 liter brew barrel when watering adults to mix my nutes.
I go to the bathroom unscrew the shower head and set the temp, fill a cup/beaker with the water from the hose and measure the temp.
When it is in the right ball park then fill up the bottles/barrel in the tub and you'll have perfect temp for Ph'ing.
anyone doing this needs to be careful as 30 liters of water in a barrel can be a bit heavy for some people. 30 liters weight 30 kilo's around 66lbs.
I'm built like a brick out house, so it works for me.
Mix in the nutes and leave for 15 minutes and then measure the Ph.

Well when you've seen water that kills only cannabis, but garden veggies are fine........... you know your water's from the Twilight Zone........

lol I remember having several chats with you about your well water, Twilight Zone sums it up perfectly.
Life would be a lot easier if cannabis was as easy as carrots to grow but then what would we talk about?
I guess you could say your water is ...well strange!:crying:

yeah @The Elvis i say that since if life keeps going like it has been with zero help I cant keep this pace up actually so ill have to cut seriously back man. my helper hasnt been around in some time. I grew so much and agreed to a lot due to a person supposed to help me do thing a time er so a week. and it gets overwhelming and I hurt enough already. so i'll need to step back a bit. thats all. or straight up quite man. but we;ll see. :)

ya'lls are looking awesome man!

Jeez Louise lol. They are growing pretty darn quick

He's kinda right there where you are, blowing up a tent!

Thanks guys, I was amazed my self how much they grew in 15 hours and all sticking their leaves up in the air.

Ph 5.6
EC1.3
Temps average 25 C
Humidity 42%
Light on full power @ 300W
Height of light 69 CM 27" (approx)
Khatos silicone lenses doing good work but I forget what the beam angle is off the top of my head, probably 90 degrees but don't quote me on that.
50% of the plants are getting Optic Foliar's "Over Grow" spray
All the plants - Epsom Salts foliar spray 1tsp per liter
Powder Feeding - Short Flowering @ 1 gram per liter.
Desinsity Calmag Pro with added aminos for P&K uptake @ 0.5 ml per liter
Rootgrow - mycorrhizae innoculant
Canna coco pro+ with 20% perlite

I will use my short and compact method and transplant in the next day or so what they all show sex, only one has hairs, so I might pot here up tomorrow.
I've also just sprayed the 3 Optic foliar girls who get a spray every other day.

Back