:crying:

PHOTON'D demn beeatches I did............

Thank you bro, yeah just pushing it in close distance to really see what they do. LMAO now that I know what they do over photoned..er if thats a word.works for me though LMFAO! They've been PHOTON'D LOL! yeah the second grow is gonna kill, AND ill have MY SOIL too,MAJOR big deal since I havent had my soil much of this growing season so that'll be a nice chance from extra fuckery from the soils end LOL! Thanks again bro, Im super stoked. I wanna buy another on of these with maybe a 5 or 6K COB. i love veg performance in autos with T5's. so Id love to VEG the crap outta these one day and see what we see :D

Thank you bro, yeah just pushing it in close distance to really see what they do. LMAO now that I know what they do over photoned..er if thats a word.works for me though LMFAO! They've been PHOTON'D LOL! yeah the second grow is gonna kill, AND ill have MY SOIL too,MAJOR big deal since I havent had my soil much of this growing season so that'll be a nice chance from extra fuckery from the soils end LOL! Thanks again bro, Im super stoked. I wanna buy another on of these with maybe a 5 or 6K COB. i love veg performance in autos with T5's. so Id love to VEG the crap outta these one day and see what we see :D

Let me give you a pointer to know if your giving your plants too much intense light.
So we all know that cannabis leaves will "taco" if they get to hot.
There is also something quite similar if the plant is getting too much intense light.
The serations along the edge of the leaf turn upwards, it is some thing I like to call Dragon/Crocodile teeth as it look like a the jaw line of such a beast showing all the sharp little teeth.
This is a definite sign that you plants are getting too much light and a good indication that you should raise your lights.
Another thing that can happen is Tip bleaching which I have had with refocusing lenses on single diodes, partly due I'm sure to to narrowing of the beam angle through the lens in order to give better light penetration and also by having the light to close to the plants
I haven't had this with my COB grow but I didn't use a reflector or a lens and just used the COB as is which has a beam angle of 115 degrees or somewhere around that.
I'm using the Kathod lenses in my NGL grow which will focus the beam a bit more, not sure at what angle right now but @PhotonLabs should have the details.
So I will be watching the height of my lamp closely and checking for signs of too much intensity and making adjustments accordingly.
One of the great thing about testing new gear is finding out what you can and can't get away with especially when the light exceeds your intial expectations!
I look forward to your soil grow & I take my hat of to all the soil wizards out there!

Arty is absolutely right about the second grow being exponentially better under the new light source. Definitely something to understand is that people new to cobs are not necessarily prepared for what to expect. This is something that only time will help. Maybe even a few grows to accustom yourselves with the increased level of photons hitting your canopy. The efficiency alone is something most people are not fully aware of either. Citizen and Cree are both phenomenal companies that have worked very hard at turning energy into light. Per watt you can see 2-3 times the light than a standard hps bulb or a blurple led. Then the spectrum, its about as full and complete as the best light source around. Your plants actually see colors now that they need, especially green which is known for helping drive light deeper into the canopy. This will also increase photosynthesis as well as give the plants the full meal they deserve. Red and blue lights are like steak and milk. Pretty good but I don't think is enough to live off of lol.

A few grows will do the trick and once it's completely dialed in the growth rates are through the roof. Pushing the limits of autos is a very exciting adventure and it is now possible to pull well over 1/2lb per plant of the highest quality or 2 grams per watt with these. You guys are all rocking the house :toke:

Something I was corrected on a few weeks ago when I mentioned bleaching under cobs. Bleaching under leds is common as people don't necessarily know how to judge the intensity but it is mainly from insufficient spectrum. A chemical reaction in the plants when they are not photosynthesizing properly.
A bleaching tip is white white but light/heat stress is more yellow.

Let me give you a pointer to know if your giving your plants too much intense light.
So we all know that cannabis leaves will "taco" if they get to hot.
There is also something quite similar if the plant is getting too much intense light.
The serations along the edge of the leaf turn upwards, it is some thing I like to call Dragon/Crocodile teeth as it look like a the jaw line of such a beast showing all the sharp little teeth.
This is a definite sign that you plants are getting too much light and a good indication that you should raise your lights.
Another thing that can happen is Tip bleaching which I have had with refocusing lenses on single diodes, partly due I'm sure to to narrowing of the beam angle through the lens in order to give better light penetration and also by having the light to close to the plants
I haven't had this with my COB grow but I didn't use a reflector or a lens and just used the COB as is which has a beam angle of 115 degrees or somewhere around that.
I'm using the Kathod lenses in my NGL grow which will focus the beam a bit more, not sure at what angle right now but @PhotonLabs should have the details.
So I will be watching the height of my lamp closely and checking for signs of too much intensity and making adjustments accordingly.
One of the great thing about testing new gear is finding out what you can and can't get away with especially when the light exceeds your intial expectations!
I look forward to your soil grow & I take my hat of to all the soil wizards out there!

well since I was one of the first to grow I figured I would have to drop them to find out the distance at 100% full power to where they start to stress. and its 20 inches. 18 they can handle but only for something like 6 hours then cool em and turn it down. thats what I was doing but just making sure it went long enough and to make sure my soil was cool, the are at the canopy was cool and various other things including a small feeding and life tea as well. because sometimes you can postpone these things and lessen them as well. so thats what i was trying to do. but they're sooo strong LMAO it was like using a pipette to put out a camp fire LMFAO!!

Something I was corrected on a few weeks ago when I mentioned bleaching under cobs. Bleaching under leds is common as people don't necessarily know how to judge the intensity but it is mainly from insufficient spectrum. A chemical reaction in the plants when they are not photosynthesizing properly.
A bleaching tip is white white but light/heat stress is more yellow.
Now that is something I didn't know and be sure it is being squirreled away in my archive of knowledge!!!
Great piece of info Sm0:slap:, I alwyas say if I don't learn something new everyday then it has been a waste of a day!

well since I was one of the first to grow I figured I would have to drop them to find out the distance at 100% full power to where they start to stress. and its 20 inches. 18 they can handle but only for something like 6 hours then cool em and turn it down. thats what I was doing but just making sure it went long enough and to make sure my soil was cool, the are at the canopy was cool and various other things including a small feeding and life tea as well. because sometimes you can postpone these things and lessen them as well. so thats what i was trying to do. but they're sooo strong LMAO it was like using a pipette to put out a camp fire LMFAO!!

I forget how many Watts your Light uses or what Driver your using (if I know the mA it is easy enough to work it out).
As we are all using different set ups and some using cree chips and others using cree and different set ups using different dive currents, it will be interesting to see how the idea height for each light varies.
It will be great to collate this info when the test are finished in order to shoe the variables produced by the different set ups!
Hopefully if everything goes well with my hospital appointment on Tuesday I should be swinging in to action soon, fingers crossed!

Back