Bridgelux Vero 29 Gen 6
View attachment 657560

Bridgelux Vero 29 Gen 7 - Lot more diodes, Different voltage options and 12%-15% more efficiency
View attachment 657561

Junction boxes to avoid exposed wires.
View attachment 657562

420 Watts
View attachment 657563

Sorry guys i have been holding this pcs of MOD420 for myself.

@The Elvis You ready to make a lamp with Splay Heastinks SST X
2x HLG185H-C1400 with 4x Vero 29 Gen 7 70V COB 3000K
upload_2016-11-5_19-13-7-png.3823627

The SPlay heatsinks Running cool
Ambient 20C. Heatsinks at 52C
upload_2016-11-5_19-4-32-png.3823611
What is the actual efficiency of the new vero's. Being a newer chip I suspected a higher price but unsure how they compare to the citi's.

Those splay heatsinks will make DIY so much easier. The angle aluminum frames leave very little room for attaching the round style. Nice work and thanks for keeping up with the latest and greatest

What is the actual efficiency of the new vero's. Being a newer chip I suspected a higher price but unsure how they compare to the citi's.

Those splay heatsinks will make DIY so much easier. The angle aluminum frames leave very little room for attaching the round style. Nice work and thanks for keeping up with the latest and greatest
Hey Sm0 here's a little something i picked up from ICMag
The data sheet contains full data for drivers 2100ma, 2800, 3150, 4200ma.

The efficiency drops about 12% with 4200ma driver but wattage more than doubles.

A Vero 29 @ 4200ma puts out 169.7w vs. 79.8w with a minimal efficiency loss.
attachment.php

upload_2016-11-12_8-53-33.png

Efficiency comparison chart for various COBs
zS4cd2C.png

Hey Sm0 here's a little something i picked up from ICMag
The data sheet contains full data for drivers 2100ma, 2800, 3150, 4200ma.

The efficiency drops about 12% with 4200ma driver but wattage more than doubles.

A Vero 29 @ 4200ma puts out 169.7w vs. 79.8w with a minimal efficiency loss.
attachment.php

View attachment 657632

Efficiency comparison chart for various COBs
zS4cd2C.png

ANNND the AFN most nerdy award gooo's tooo..... @arty zan !!!!!!! :crying::d5::slap:

nerdy-dude.jpg
Oooooooh don't cha just love COBs?
They make such good bed time reading and there's always a happy ending....oh damn I've just spilt....Clean up in aisle 3 and bring the kleenex!
:crying::funny::crying::funny::crying:
0tykmxD.gif

Oooh you dirty little COBs with your sexy Phosphor coatings, I just want to turn up your filthy mA charge and make you glow like the end of my magic staff! Nearly there .... nearly there ....uuung....ahhh that hits the spot! You shine soooo Bright!:funny::funny::funny::funny:
gandalf_at_bridge2.jpg

Damn these new COBs are soooo Bright!! I'm gonna be able to get an awesome yield of "Old Toby" to stick in my pipe!

image.png

Last edited:
nerdy-dude.jpg
Oooooooh don't cha just love COBs?
They make such good bed time reading and there's always a happy ending....oh damn I've just spilt....Clean up in aisle 3 and bring the kleenex!
:crying::funny::crying::funny::crying:
0tykmxD.gif

Oooh you dirty little COBs with your sexy Phosphor coatings, I just want to turn up your filthy mA charge and make you glow like the end of my magic staff! Nearly there .... nearly there ....uuung....ahhh that hits the spot! You shine soooo Bright!:funny::funny::funny::funny:
gandalf_at_bridge2.jpg

Damn these new COBs are soooo Bright!! I'm gonna be able to get an awesome yield of "Old Toby" to stick in my pipe!

image.png

:crying::crying::crying: your a classic arty !! keep up the good work brother!:headbang::bighug:

LMAO! thats funny. ole super stoner Wizard dude. gimme some of them beard trimming for my teas LOL! Im looking forward to after those fruit plants/Strains from DinaFem. Im gonna run a few larger strains with a PROPER soil of MY OWN likeing. you think these are good? bro w ait till a cpl of us get fully set. like me. my second run will BLOW THIS ONE AWAY LITERALLY LMAO!! Thanks @PhotonLabs llc

This is my first plant to veg under COB and then be put to flower under COB's, she's not even 7 days into 12/12 so long way to go for this Sativa. I did a thread on my lights so won't waste space/bandwith on that here. First run in no till soil as well. Happy thus far with my results. 5K Cree for veg and 3K for flower. Thanks again for everything to Robin from NGL.

I did a full defoliation right when I flipped to 12/12 she has bounced back very nicely from that.

IMG_20161112_114442.jpg

LMAO! thats funny. ole super stoner Wizard dude. gimme some of them beard trimming for my teas LOL! Im looking forward to after those fruit plants/Strains from DinaFem. Im gonna run a few larger strains with a PROPER soil of MY OWN likeing. you think these are good? bro w ait till a cpl of us get fully set. like me. my second run will BLOW THIS ONE AWAY LITERALLY LMAO!! Thanks @PhotonLabs llc
I can't wait to start Eyes, as soon as I have had the operation and get the all clear, I'm there with your guys.
You are doing a wonderful job of rocking these lights, I can't wait to see you guys fully set, COB lights are the mutts nuts.
Your right "Fruit Auto" is one of Dinafems smaller strains but it's a goodie.If you want to go bigger any of the XXL strains will do you proud!
If you want a suggestion then try dinafems Critical + 2.0 great stone with a nice lemony taste and yields well.
I am in total agreement with you Photon labs rocks:headbang: and a massive thanks to Amit for being a straight up dude and for giving this oppertunity to show case his kits but don't forget folk Northern Grow Lights as so sell of the peg ready to go COB grow lights if you don't want to fiddle with making your own.
Having said that I love to build things and Photon Labs is a fantastic place to get your parts and components, I especially love their 420 frames.
There is a whole load of new COBs coming out so Check Photon Labs and see whats on offer in the near future.

This is my first plant to veg under COB and then be put to flower under COB's, she's not even 7 days into 12/12 so long way to go for this Sativa. I did a thread on my lights so won't waste space/bandwith on that here. First run in no till soil as well. Happy thus far with my results. 5K Cree for veg and 3K for flower. Thanks again for everything to Robin from NGL.

I did a full defoliation right when I flipped to 12/12 she has bounced back very nicely from that.

View attachment 657711
Hi Mobo

what a lovely looking plant, she is doing very well under you COB light!:d5:
Let me lend a hand here though, due to autos having a limited life span (approx 14-21 days to start flowering and then a 6-8 flowering period approx)
You will find you get a better yield with a long light period say 16-8 on,off or 20-4 on,off. Personally I run mine 24/7 on, with no dark period.This method isn't everyone way of doing it but I get good results.
One thing to remember is that autos are different from photperiod cannabis, which means they don't need the 12/12 light period to induce flowering , they are on a set biological timer and will start to flower after 14-21 days on average with out adjusting you light/dark period.
Nice to dee you have given defoliation ago, I find it a great technique as long as you don't go to crazy with the plucking.
I like the fact that you also used different Kelvin temps for veg and flower, that should give great results.
I have only used 3500K through out the veg/flower periods but still had an excellent yield but you targeted approach should do even better!
Have your self a great grow and good to see your loving Photon Labs wares!
all the best
arty

Back