Grow Mediums No growth after germination in coco coir?

Here’s what she looks like at roughly 4 weeks from seed :/

Attachments

• E4AB557A-323C-4AFD-8C23-0B6BC7171D5A.jpeg
    E4AB557A-323C-4AFD-8C23-0B6BC7171D5A.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 18E91D95-5F2F-48F8-97CD-58627291725A.jpeg
    18E91D95-5F2F-48F8-97CD-58627291725A.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 144
I’ve been watering with nutrients since the up poting! First two weeks of germination and sprouting, all in a propagator. Coco was rinsed and watered with light nutrients EC 0.2 one week passed before I watered it again but just water to keep them moist. Then on the second week I watered with plain tap water to up pot to the 8 litre. (my tap water EC0.1<) very low ppm. After I up potted at this point the plant was on its second set of true leaves and a nice looking green colour. It may have been every 3 days I’ve been feeding them! And to mention during the up potting the roots were very healthy and white with plenty of little hairs :) thanks people.
sounds if they are stunted then, if they actually at 2nd set true leaves and not done anything in 10 days... I'm no help I guess when comes to that canna product i'm sorry... I just don't understand it.... something is off, my guess is ph from tap water, but like I said I don't understand that type of coco... I have to ph my stuff, I do not treat my coco...:shrug::shrug:

Hi There, here's some information you may find handy for when you recieve your Canna Coco Pro Plus

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/canna-coco-growing-tips.29173/
It's all taken from the canna infopages - quoting directly from them (no opinions ... just the facts laid out by Canna).

Hope this helps!

And here's a comprehensive germination guide which also may help!

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/germination-the-ronin-way.33891/

All the best
Blue
:d5:
Thanks it may help we’ll find out soon enough everything has arrived. I started one Jack Herer in easy start plugs from royal queen seeds. I’ll put it in a pint cup of canna coco pro plus when she sprouts!

Would everyone agree that I feed them only water until she has her first serated leaves?

Should I PH adjust the tap water at this stage?

Should I use any of the folowing- Advanced nutrients : Sensizym, Voodoo juice, B52?

RQS seeds freebies are not trusted at the moment! Until I grow a healthy plant in coco they will be put aside!

New seeds- fast buds: stardawg. Seedsman: white widow, blueberry, Jack Herer.
Freebies from seedsman: Neville’s haze, blue moon and got to laugh at this but RQS amnesia haze.

Here’s what she looks like at roughly 4 weeks from seed :/
ok, thats 3rd set.. but still don't explain why not growing...growth should pick up at 3rd set, not stop... when you mention about regular tap water, that can cause, in my type of coco, if your treated so you not need to ph, then I guess your fine there??? still I keep going right back to ph, that seems to be only thing that would slow or stop it like that.. unless ya had a gnat problem or something but you'd know that..

Last edited:
ok, thats 3rd set.. but still don't explain why not growing...
I know bro the coco I’m using right now is Bio Nova coco bricks! They had quite a lot of salts but I washed it out! Maybe it’s ca and mg from flushing the coco idk. I’ll leave them to it as the jack sprouts but I think she will be removed soon.

Yeah I miss that size of plant I’m scratching my head Is it the seeds or coco arrghhh
I am too... that's one my main problems using treated coco... but in your defense now ya rinsed, you should be able treat just as I treat mine meaning you'll have ph it, which no big deal... at least then ya know where ya standing.. that's why I can't use pre-treated... I have no true way of knowing...and also use calmag if that too was in there, see that starts getting confusing to me... I got away from soil coz it contained things... in coco I want keep pure as possible so I have control...

Just for the record here! I can grow nice flowers haha tried a few techniques mixed coco with soil and my cheese exploded so I thought 100% coco bigger plants! But hell no waist of money and time atm

Attachments

• 31929E09-40EA-4ADB-BDE2-1360D875511B.jpeg
    31929E09-40EA-4ADB-BDE2-1360D875511B.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 109
  • 3C4BBAEB-379F-4B1E-9C6A-26F822395E2A.jpeg
    3C4BBAEB-379F-4B1E-9C6A-26F822395E2A.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 117
Just for the record here! I can grow nice flowers haha tried a few techniques mixed coco with soil and my cheese exploded so I thought 100% coco bigger plants! But hell no waist of money and time atm
yes you can & I don't doubt your growing abilities ......I like and this just me okay... but I use like 85% coco 15% perlite I mix myself, so I know what is in there...Nothing Perlite & coco only.. and I like it that way... I have total control...error arises a quick flush and back to nutrient, issue solved, that simple to be 100% honest.. Here I been growing for years and feel bad I can't even help, coz I never really used that type of thing before or style... :( My mind always right back to ph.. since ya don't have gnats I can't really think why else it would just stop out of the blue for no apparent reason..

Back