Indoor Nizmo's earthbox adventure under HLG Blackbird!!

New tent to replace my old worn out one.
@Marshydro
3x3
16C38835-DF83-4C18-9F65-F336850C0C56.jpeg

Hey @nizmoKush great thread! :pop:
Can you summarize your soil mix (initial plus amendments)? Thanks man.
:pass:

As far as amendments go I use buildasoil craft blend and buildaflower (I’m thinking of adding some buildabloom too) some Amazon bokashi and that’s about it as far as how much I add I’ve never wrote it down or actually measure it’s more of a feel of it makes sense. Oh and worms as well
mas far as the soil in this earthbox I think it’s coast of Maine stonington mix and it’s been sitting there for the past maybe 4 grows or 5 I can’t remember (no till).

and that’s about it honestly i just amend before I plant the seed and couple times throughout the cycle. Plus feeding worms some avocados, fruits n some greens

Plus feeding worms some avocados, fruits n some greens
Mind if I hit you up with some questions? Thinking about giving it a go.

Do you just add these (produce scraps) to the top under the mat from time to time?

Mind if I hit you up with some questions? Thinking about giving it a go.

Do you just add these (produce scraps) to the top under the mat from time to time?
the food scraps for the worms yes I just added them under the cover not that much tho just enough for the worms.. and the ammendments same just on top and the feeder roots will take care of that and then the bottom roots take care of the drinking

@nizmoKush I have and earth box sitting in my basement for over a year now waiting to get used. Been putting it off for no real reason. Your setup is almost identical (ingredients wise) to mine except i have a worm bin and make my own bokashi. So my question is did you see any real benefit outside of space saving to running in an earthbox?

Get me off this fence if you can I need to do something with this thing.

Sooo the new worm package they sent to replace the last one seems to be going the same. The last scan is still Memphis like last time.
Edit: delivery date is today yet nothing.

I'm gonna ask for a refund and order from this other place I've found. What's good about it is that they are located in Austin TX so shipping wouldn't be an issue
I quite ordering from uncle jim's years ago. There always seems to be an issue. The last shipment I had was probably three years ago and they did not tie the bag so the worms were moving around in the fed ex box or dead. They never replied to my email though. At least you got a response.

I quite ordering from uncle jim's years ago. There always seems to be an issue. The last shipment I had was probably three years ago and they did not tie the bag so the worms were moving around in the fed ex box or dead. They never replied to my email though. At least you got a response.

yes I did get a replacement but honestly it wasn’t there fault around that time the usps was shit and it still kinda is. Those worms are still alive in my earthbox and I’m planning on getting some out for the grassroots living soil pots

Back