Mephisto Genetics Newman attends Mephisto’s Wedding

Apparently the soil ph is 7.5+. Tested my rain water and it’s 8.5ph. Total fuck up
Rain water at 8.5ph? That seems very alkaline for rain water, I would expect 5.5ph before that! I always measure everything, it slows down the routine, but I have screwed up in the past(haven't we all, lol)

I have had distilled water come from the store with a huge wide spectrum of Ph, I no longer trust anything, even mother nature, LOL

Rain water at 8.5ph? That seems very alkaline for rain water, I would expect 5.5ph before that! I always measure everything, it slows down the routine, but I have screwed up in the past(haven't we all, lol)

I have had distilled water come from the store with a huge wide spectrum of Ph, I no longer trust anything, even mother nature, LOL
Yeah I agree, as much as Ive wanted to not pH I always do. Even stuff that claims you don't need it or it's fine within a wide range I still pH it. Just one less thing that could be the problem if issues come up.

After buying 10$ rapid tests and getting high results I bit the bullet and bought a soil ph tester
1BBCB194-55DA-4F5B-82C0-6B3D7CAE4040.jpeg
E7B1F4FA-FE28-4038-A3E5-570DB3295DBA.jpeg

I suppose slow adjustment down each watering is the best approach? By simply watering the correct ph water? Thanks for all the help guys it’s why I love AFN, otherwise I have no grower friends

After buying 10$ rapid tests and getting high results I bit the bullet and bought a soil ph tester
View attachment 1520203View attachment 1520202
I suppose slow adjustment down each watering is the best approach? By simply watering the correct ph water? Thanks for all the help guys it’s why I love AFN, otherwise I have no grower friends
I know what you mean. Other than on here I don't talk to anyone about my garden so it's really nice :jointman: But yeah man just keep watering within the 6.4-6.6 pH range for soil and you're good to go! It'll slowly lower and fix itself. I'd probably run a little extra water the next few waterings to flush out a tad extra of that higher runoff but you won't be able to do that since it's not in a pot so I'd just water as normal.

No I’m the worst at that up until today I’ve only watered with rain water and once with Poland spring bottled water. Made me feel like it was deficiency rather than lockout but I honestly always get these same spots about this time in a grow so I’m still working on it
I read recently that bottled water is not good. I use tap water that has been aired for 24 hours and ph balanced.

I know what you mean. Other than on here I don't talk to anyone about my garden so it's really nice :jointman: But yeah man just keep watering within the 6.4-6.6 pH range for soil and you're good to go! It'll slowly lower and fix itself. I'd probably run a little extra water the next few waterings to flush out a tad extra of that higher runoff but you won't be able to do that since it's not in a pot so I'd just water as normal.
Me too, kinda, I have a partner in this but I thought he was an expert from the old days but the only thing he grew were house plants. I was buyin the equipment to get him off his ass.

Unique leaf growth happening up top, could be my dumbass with the ph or could be a genetic thing but the 10th & 11th fingers are pointing the wrong way
View attachment 1520474
I saw this a lot with my CDLC, so I would guess it's genetic since that's one of the tricross.

Back