Newbie tools, What is needed and why, Come contrbute!

ok thank you I've been on the fence about the the gt50 now ill drop the $$ for it now
there reduced in price, click on link on the first message on this thread. thinking of buying one but would like to read some reviews.gl harry

Greetings one and all, great idea for a thread.

I would add labels and a Sharpee, would be lost without them.. :2cents:

I too reviewed the GT50 on Amazon a while back.. Thanks Ghabi, I will add permanent marker and labels to the list.

FNG

OK I am a FNG and I think I have learned so much in the past 2 weeks reading all of the info and drooling at the pics. I was actually going thru everything I read and putting a shopping list together to start collecting while I get my Cabinet built. Then I came across this thread. :jump::jump:what a relief and a load off my mind. now This is going to be as easy as going to the store for the wifey poo and not forgetting the one thing she couldn't do without.:no:. But being a new guy I had a few things on my list that I don't see here. However I am sure they would be more cabinet related Items. So off to market this lil piggy is going.
:bow:THANKS A MILLION TIMES OVER:bow:
I hope to have a grow thread on here one day so you guys can see how much you have helped an old guy out.

Awesome Willy, welcome to AFN brother! :smokebuds:

Hey Willy, welcome. Ask whatever you need, these folks here are great at lending a hand or in our cases a green thumb. :crying:

Hey kill, I was gonna add patience, but you already covered it under the joint section. Well done, this should be very useful. One love:toke:
Happiness will also bud your garden.

Thank you ......and you............and you .....yes .. you too........thank you all....Iam not going to cry:crying:

:DI would like to add my experience with - #26, Caliclean.

I have used this before with *fantastic* results. I go for 5-6 Habaneros per quart of water, usually I make 2 quarts so about a dozen habaneros. Blend ingredients w/ blender, and simmer solution on low for 20 mins/half hr. Please use a respirator and disposable gloves. You will not be let down. Be sure to follow up at least every 2-3 days for a couple weeks. It seems like a lot but it works wonders, and it is true, for whichever reason the plants LOVE it. Any any biting insects will definitely not want to feed off it. Battled TS Mites and this nuked the s*it out of them. Burning eyes and as*holes!

Even if I don't see signs of damage I work this in the schedule once or twice every 1-2 weeks, and best of all it costs me about $2 for a batch, and my money supports a farmer.

Just wanted to put my experience with it, it has gotten me through my grow now without a bite on the plants, now they are going into flower pretty happy and unstressed.

Props to Calibuzz...wherever he may be!

Good luck, I love the AFN.

Last edited:
14. EC/TDS PPM Meter - must/specialization - this isn't a complete must, as you probably know someone who has grown without one, but they make things a lot easier, they are a MUST however if you are growing in a hydroponic set-up. However in soil, as if you feed, flush midway through, then feed, flush, and you are watching your PH, you shouldn't have a problem, however if you plan on using tap water to feed your plants, (other than letting it set for 24 hours for it to evaporate chlorine) you need to know what the total dissolved solids (or TDS, which is how many parts per million of water is made up of minerals and other things that is not water) is before feeding. High TDS will cause nute lockouts as well as making your plants sick, especially ordinary salt. Most people use this from amazon - http://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-TD...1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1332794889&sr=1-1

what level should 1 keep there water at with the ec meter ?

Back