Newbie tools, What is needed and why, Come contrbute!

Hey guys sorry if im posting this question in the wrong place im still getting used to this site. I just want to know will i need to buy and ozone air purifer if i already have a carbon filter in my tent. Im growing six plants and its my first time so i dont have a clue. Sorry again and thanks :

no if your cf is decent

Cool thanks man!! but would it be good idea to have the air purifier in the room for the drying process?

if someone would message or respond and tell me the ideal range for PPM feeding water and ph?

@ Briain- this will be your call, it really boils down to one thing, "Can you smell it?" if your air scrubber is doing a fine job as it is now, then you have nothing to worry about, if you are planning on drying in a separate place from your grow tent, that does not have a purifier, then this GT50 will probably be a cheaper investment and does the same job. You also have to be aware of the radius of the smell. Try to keep it simple and use pre-existing purchases and products were possible.

@ TheSpacepope/Krazylicious - You want to try to keep your TDS as low as possible, 20 ppm or less, 0 is optimal when using water, unless you know if your water contains specific minerals and nutrients vital to the overall health of your plants. I have a buddy, for example, that has a reverse osmosis kit that actually adds Calcium and Magnesium to the water as it is filtered. Try to stay away from tap water as much as possible especially when using nutes. If you use a lot of tap water without the use of filtered or distilled water, you will find your plants will, at some point, either display deficiencies and/or stunted growth. Typically tap water runs between 120-200 ppm of a truly various soup of minerals. Try to use nothing but 0 ppm water for the first two weeks of growth, with very little to 0 added nutes until their first set of TRUE leaves appear. With time and experience you will be able to possible boost a seedlings growth exponentially with a light nute regimen, but as a beginner I would not suggest trying. Finally for Soil/Soiless grows 6.2 +/- 3, and 5.9 +/- 2 is optimal for hydro as far as ph is concerned. Happy growing!

Thanks for this, i added a couple things to my list to get before my first grow!

this was already mentioned but, the syringes? i found a flavor injector syringe at walmart for like five bucks, i use it for taking samples out of my buckets as well as measuring nutes, very usefull and u can just stick it down thru ur net pot works great! awesome thread by the way....

Awesome thread!

More to add to my shopping list!...

this is a great thread. i have a lot of the things already because i keep fish. im finding more and more things are transferable between the two hobbies, the less money i spend on equipment the more i can spend on seeds, awesome!

Back