Live Stoners Newbie starting to grow medicinal weed.

Well I'm all caught up now. You've got quite a lot of stuff going on and a good reason to self medicate. I've had a lot of the same kind of stuff and a lot of the same kind of drugs all the narcotics the Gabapentin you name it. I was on 13 to 16 different prescription drugs every day and then I got lung cancer, turns out it was probably the prescription drugs that were mostly responsible for my cancer.

It's been five years since I started using medical marijuana I smoke it Vape it eat it make concentrated cannabis oil capsules I even tack a little bit now and then. I don't take prescription drugs anymore. It doesn't matter what my doctor measures every single measurement is better than it was 5 years ago and he was treating me. I'm real honest about having used medical marijuana to get off his drugs and I tell him all the natural supplements I used and he seems quite interested. My lung cancer has been stable for about 5 years and just the last time I saw my oncologist he actually called it remission. I've lost a good 30 lb and have developed a very effective stretching an exercise program for my back that has eliminated most of the significant pain. I'm actually feeling better and standing up straighter than I have in years.

The neuropathy that's been real difficult thing to deal with. The best strains for neuropathy are high in THCV. But even in my state it's very hard to get lab testing for THC V and there are very few strains that have it anyway. Turns out it was more common in a lot of the older strains. I did grow out a photo period version of Moby Dick That was supposed to be high in THCV and it really did help my neuropathy just by smoking it. I've been thinking about trying The Autoflower version see if that would help. These days I take 50mg of apigenin 30 minutes before I take approximately 400 mg of concentrated cannabis oil capsules. I take those right before I go to bed, that regiment has been causing my neuropathy to go backwards a little bit every single day I mean I have just been getting better and better the pain relief is amazing. I use Dinafem industrial plant CBD for that it's too THC to 1 CBD. I also make a topical body rub that has 6% active cannabinoids I use the same industrial plant CBD. That rub did a real good job of controlling the neuropathy pain before I started taking the concentrated cannabis oil capsules. The capsules have actually started the neuropathy reversing I guess that's the best way to say it.

I'm going to be busy as can be here shortly processing five high-cbd plants I have going right now that will probably yield over 5 lb. They are all Dinafem autoflowers.

Hope you don't mind me spamming your thread with a little video of my grow room it's taken me some time to get my environment dialed in to where I can grow plants of this size.

Where I'm currently growing
Where I'll be Nov 1st

Good on you @icmoon :thumbsup: GYO tinctures, home made oils and an occasional smoke have replaced a combination of pregabalin (Lyrica), Zomorph, codeine, nortriptyline and amitriptyline for neuropathic pain. Currently growing auto cheese CBD 1:2 to see how it compares to a high thc strain.
:goodluck: with your grow!! :toke:

Good on you @icmoon :thumbsup: GYO tinctures, home made oils and an occasional smoke have replaced a combination of pregabalin (Lyrica), Zomorph, codeine, nortriptyline and amitriptyline for neuropathic pain. Currently growing auto cheese CBD 1:2 to see how it compares to a high thc strain.
:goodluck: with your grow!! :toke:
High Dainn. Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna need all the help I can get, to get me on the right road........... me thinks?
So in a very broad nutshell, as you seem to be quite knowledgable on the pain killing side of growing, should I be looking for more CBD and less THC in a grow, that the THC is more cerebral kind of kick and gets you high, whereas the CBD is more the pain killer?

I am looking at 100% Indica as I hate the feeling of my ticker pounding away and I know Sativa has that effect on you. I am looking for total relaxation kind of thing and a feeling of euphoria thrown in would be a great plus too.

Sorry to fire so many questions at you but this first grow has been a nightmare, my photos are growing so big I don't know whether or not to cut them down to size a bit. They are on the correct nutes and 12/12 lights, they must flower soon!

Cheers for your input I appreciate it.

----------------------
Well I'm all caught up now. You've got quite a lot of stuff going on and a good reason to self medicate. I've had a lot of the same kind of stuff and a lot of the same kind of drugs all the narcotics the Gabapentin you name it. I was on 13 to 16 different prescription drugs every day and then I got lung cancer, turns out it was probably the prescription drugs that were mostly responsible for my cancer.

It's been five years since I started using medical marijuana I smoke it Vape it eat it make concentrated cannabis oil capsules I even tack a little bit now and then. I don't take prescription drugs anymore. It doesn't matter what my doctor measures every single measurement is better than it was 5 years ago and he was treating me. I'm real honest about having used medical marijuana to get off his drugs and I tell him all the natural supplements I used and he seems quite interested. My lung cancer has been stable for about 5 years and just the last time I saw my oncologist he actually called it remission. I've lost a good 30 lb and have developed a very effective stretching an exercise program for my back that has eliminated most of the significant pain. I'm actually feeling better and standing up straighter than I have in years.

The neuropathy that's been real difficult thing to deal with. The best strains for neuropathy are high in THCV. But even in my state it's very hard to get lab testing for THC V and there are very few strains that have it anyway. Turns out it was more common in a lot of the older strains. I did grow out a photo period version of Moby Dick That was supposed to be high in THCV and it really did help my neuropathy just by smoking it. I've been thinking about trying The Autoflower version see if that would help. These days I take 50mg of apigenin 30 minutes before I take approximately 400 mg of concentrated cannabis oil capsules. I take those right before I go to bed, that regiment has been causing my neuropathy to go backwards a little bit every single day I mean I have just been getting better and better the pain relief is amazing. I use Dinafem industrial plant CBD for that it's too THC to 1 CBD. I also make a topical body rub that has 6% active cannabinoids I use the same industrial plant CBD. That rub did a real good job of controlling the neuropathy pain before I started taking the concentrated cannabis oil capsules. The capsules have actually started the neuropathy reversing I guess that's the best way to say it.

I'm going to be busy as can be here shortly processing five high-cbd plants I have going right now that will probably yield over 5 lb. They are all Dinafem autoflowers.

Hope you don't mind me spamming your thread with a little video of my grow room it's taken me some time to get my environment dialed in to where I can grow plants of this size.

Where I'll be Nov 1st

A pleasure to read, it really is. To know that you are getting serious benefits from your grows is a real incentive to me. Lung cancer is a real fucker (please excuse the language) i have lost very good friends and my Mum to this and she never smoked, my grandmother smoked 60 a day and died when she was 91yrs old,.....from basically old age........heart gave out.
So in a very broad nutshell, as you seem to be quite knowledgable on the pain killing side of growing, should I be looking for more CBD and less THC in a grow, that the THC is more cerebral kind of kick and gets you high, whereas the CBD is more the pain killer?

I am looking at 100% Indica as I hate the feeling of my ticker pounding away and I know Sativa has that effect on you. I am looking for total relaxation kind of thing and a feeling of euphoria thrown in would be a great plus too, any thoughts on this?

Sorry to fire so many questions at you but this first grow has been a nightmare, my photo plants are growing so big I don't know whether or not to cut them down to size a bit. They are on the correct nutes and 12/12 lights, they must flower soon surely?

I was given 3 years max to live 4 years ago but I am still on a lot of quack pills that I know are doing damage to me & would love to kick some of those.

Where I'll be Nov 1st[/QUOTE]

----------------------

A pleasure to read, it really is. To know that you are getting serious benefits from your grows is a real incentive to me. Lung cancer is a real fucker (please excuse the language) i have lost very good friends and my Mum to this and she never smoked, my grandmother smoked 60 a day and died when she was 91yrs old,.....from basically old age........heart gave out.

I am looking at 100% Indica as I hate the feeling of my ticker pounding away and I know Sativa has that effect on you. I am looking for total relaxation kind of thing and a feeling of euphoria thrown in would be a great plus too, any thoughts on this?

Sorry to fire so many questions at you but this first grow has been a nightmare, my photo plants are growing so big I don't know whether or not to cut them down to size a bit. They are on the correct nutes and 12/12 lights, they must flower soon surely?

I was given 3 years max to live 4 years ago but I am still on a lot of quack pills that I know are doing damage to me & would love to kick some of those.

Where I'll be Nov 1st
[/QUOTE]In my experience THC is better at killing or blocking pain and CBDs are better at relaxing muscles which is another kind of pain. Then you get into receptors for CB1 and CB2, which actions up regulate, or down-regulate, ect then if you're like me and you have an autoimmune disease there are aspects of THC and CBD that help reduce pain and inflammation by suppressing cytokines, etc.

I don't know how many of my conditions I listed but i have narcolepsy, sleep apnea and dysautonomia. Then with the neuropathy that's all of course neurological involvement. Anyway, the dysautonomia makes me very very sensitive to strains that over stimulate the autonomic nervous system. But, with my narcolepsy I need sativa strains to stay awake during the day. When I used to have to buy cannabis in dispensaries I often found sativas that would give me an edgy feeling. Sometimes that's all I would have available and I would take whatever gave me the least edgy feeling. The Curious Thing is in all cases if I went and grew that strain out later myself I didn't have any edgy feeling I didn't have any of that racing heart, no problems. So how you grow will have a big effect on what causes your heart to beat too fast.

So for me I like a strain that is 2 THC to 1 CBD which is what I have tested the industrial plant CBD auto from Dinafem. In fact I could smoke that all day long and find it a very pleasant enjoyable and muscle relaxing strain.

I've always found cheese strains to be very relaxing and I think a cheese CBD Autoflower might be interesting. Honestly though I've never been a big fan of the Indica simply because of my narcolepsy so my knowledge of the better indicas isn't so great. I can tell you that I recently did some short stuff seeds gorilla OG and that was a very potent indica. I had one phenotype that was more sativa like and I was able to smoke that all day then two plants were a bushy phenotype which were good evening and night-time smokes.

I'm finding that terpenes play a major role in the effect that I have from Cannabis and I don't quite yet understand them yet.I suspect that sometime in the future though I may be adding terpenes into my smoking preparations depending on whether I need to be more alert or more asleep, etc

Where I'll be Nov 1st

All helpful stuff thanks. Although I haven't been diagnosed with Dysautomonia, the sympotoms are 100% the same. i just get told "it's to do with the diebetes". The breathing problems are scary to say the least, my blood oxygen levels (pulse ox') reading is never above 90% & that's why I don't smoke anymore (gave up 12 years ago). I guess you have a c-pap machine at night too? I have Tachycardia, ektopic heartbeat and often a resting heartbeat of 120 BPM. Along with this IAD (Ischemic Atery Disease) and atherosclerosis.....I won't go on it gets boring.
At the moment I am trying desperately to get my plants to flower (the 2 autos are doing great with some amber trichomes showing today) The photos just wont stop growing, I can see very shortly I will have to cut them down. They are on a 12/12 cycle and get pitch black at night, all I can do is wait I suppose.

Again thanks for your input, I don't know what I would do without you guys.

Cheers

High Dainn. Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna need all the help I can get, to get me on the right road........... me thinks?

I am looking at 100% Indica as I hate the feeling of my ticker pounding away and I know Sativa has that effect on you. I am looking for total relaxation kind of thing and a feeling of euphoria thrown in would be a great plus too.

Sorry to fire so many questions at you but this first grow has been a nightmare, my photos are growing so big I don't know whether or not to cut them down to size a bit. They are on the correct nutes and 12/12 lights, they must flower soon!

There is so much info out there about CBD, THC and pain. Personally I find a high THC strain good for pain control, I'm only starting to look into CBD strains as the cost of CBD oils are pretty high. I make tinctures and I find the cheese stains are nicely balanced to a point where my pain is significantly reduced. Dosing can be a bit hit and miss. We all respond in different ways to chemicals, what works for one may not necessarily work for another.
Check out the CBD circle.
CBDCircle.jpg

I know it really messed my sister up. Between the methodone and that she didn' know which end was up. She was so out of it

That was one heck of a shopping list! You should be set for good long while! Congrats on investing in yourself and own meds! Its a total game changer!
The list seems to get longer & longer. You think Hah!...got it all sorted then you think 'bloody hell it gets cold in there at night', so another bar heater & heat matt, oh yeah then I need a stat to make sure it don't get too hot in there at night..........All round it's quite an investment. .........Just hope it works!
Respect......Always
Cmoon

----------------------

Where I'll be Nov 1st
[/QUOTE]

HANG IN THERE, MY SISTER JUST PASSED HER 5 YEAR MARK FIGHTING THAT BEAST. GOD BLESS HOPE THINGS WORK OUT

Back