Lighting NEW GN MODULES

Above, a first look at the optics we have been developing for a along time. They have a transmission efficiency of 93% and they have no damaging hot spots in the distribution at all. The Telos line will all have a water and dust ingress protection of IP66 minimum. All of the gaskets are premoulded pressure based seals. We are not using any adhesives or potting. This means all the LED modules and optics can be interchanged or upgraded in the future.

I'm curious, @GrowNorthern , what would you recommend to cover a 5x5 area, 7' ceilings?
To be honest the T5's are becoming a pain. I'm about to hang a 3rd 2X4 HO fixture, and when you add on all the CFL side lighting it's becoming a bit cumbersome.
Any advice for a LED newbie? :biggrin:

I liked the synjet idea, but running passive cooled light right now i just can say that is the most solid way . no wear out ever, no noise. From the first look even the optics remind me to my current models. Happy to see the progress went a really good way!

Thanks guys @Think we are going to confirm pricing in the next week or two and I should have some more pics and info tomorrow.

Since this is rectangular could you say already something relating to the footprint? (very important to me since i will most likely only run cubic spaces)

Your post afterwards already mentioned it, seeing the green sealing i instantly thought: this will be some over IP65...NICE!

Above, a first look at the optics we have been developing for a along time. They have a transmission efficiency of 93% and they have no damaging hot spots in the distribution at all. The Telos line will all have a water and dust ingress protection of IP66 minimum. All of the gaskets are premoulded pressure based seals. We are not using any adhesives or potting. This means all the LED modules and optics can be interchanged or upgraded in the future.

Seems you nailed it, diffusor straight in from beginning...
Could you call a number on Watts?

Have any children to sell? gold in your teeth? I wanted GN lights since I saw tangs insta, but meh cobs do just as well from what I have seen strain for strain. And waiting over a year was enough for me looks techy though, how long till production?
giphy.gif

Can hardly wait for specs & pricing

I'm curious, @GrowNorthern , what would you recommend to cover a 5x5 area, 7' ceilings?
To be honest the T5's are becoming a pain. I'm about to hang a 3rd 2X4 HO fixture, and when you add on all the CFL side lighting it's becoming a bit cumbersome.
Any advice for a LED newbie? :biggrin:

@Renaissance Redneck That sounds like its going to be a little bit tight with 3x 2x4 T5's in 5x5 and the CFL's!! It really depends on the function of the room (is it full cycle or just your veg room?) and the average height you expect the plants to reach. We are going to be recommending a more volumetric area recommendation with the Telos line, so that would include the canopy depth. Generally with autos I would say 2 units would be maybe a little more than sufficient if your plants are 1-2ft and one unit by itself (no other CFL's) wouldn't really be enough. If your plants usually go above and beyond 2ft then 2 units would work well using our enhanced full spectrum which was designed for a higher quantum yield. I am going to post after this a couple of things I have been posting on Insta which will explain a little more about the options we will have from launch.

Telos00081.jpg

The GN-Telos-0008 is going to be available from launch in 2 enhanced full spectrum variations and we will also have a classic monochromatic (burple) variation available on request. We are going to be using all the latest gen parts from CREE including the XPG3, XTE (he) and the current best deep/photo red in the industry the XPEEPR-CO1/ flux bin 29.

The 2 enhanced full spectrum variations are using a combination of white and deep red LED's. One variation is modeled on the HS1 spectrum with an increased/more balanced ratio of green to blue light. It appears visibly warm white with a magenta tinge. It's very efficient and produces great results full cycle. The second enhanced full spectrum variation is based on new quantum yield research and is for working with dense/tall canopies where a larger power density of light is required to cover a deeper volumetric area. It appears visibly warm white and it produces great results full cycle but is optimized to be most efficient in flowering with plants over 2-3ft.

@Renaissance Redneck That sounds like its going to be a little bit tight with 3x 2x4 T5's in 5x5 and the CFL's!! It really depends on the function of the room (is it full cycle or just your veg room?) and the average height you expect the plants to reach. We are going to be recommending a more volumetric area recommendation with the Telos line, so that would include the canopy depth. Generally with autos I would say 2 units would be maybe a little more than sufficient if your plants are 1-2ft and one unit by itself (no other CFL's) wouldn't really be enough. If your plants usually go above and beyond 2ft then 2 units would work well using our enhanced full spectrum which was designed for a higher quantum yield. I am going to post after this a couple of things I have been posting on Insta which will explain a little more about the options we will have from launch.
Thanks GN! Yeah, it's definitely getting crowded. :biggrin: The room is actually 7x7, but I need that buffer zone for fans, tea bubbler, humidifier etc. Just with the two lights I've hit my head more times than I can remember. I hope my plants never use the kind of language I've exposed them to! :crying:

Back