Outdoor New Alaskan Autos Mk.II

I guess true Day 1 would be germination, like you said, trailanimal. Just scratching my head at some of the old growlogs that show photos of seedlings just beginning to form their second true leafset titled as "Day 1."

Gotto laugh about a couple of days either way - I class day one as breaking out of soil and showing cotyledons - but lets face it by day 60+ a day here or there makes little difference. In my opinion it's just a macho comparison trait in action - day 4 'mines bigger than yours' in photo journals... as you get older these things don't matter. Enjoy the grow and learn from your own mistakes (if you can avoid them by learning something here first all the better - that's what this forum is for after all).

Day 9:

IMAG0490.jpg

Stardust 1

IMAG0491.jpg

Stardust 2

IMAG0492.jpg

Stardust 3

IMAG0493.jpg

Stardust 4

IMAG0494.jpg

Jock Horror Auto

Day 0:

IMAG0495.jpg

Black Stone

High of 88f, low of 39f. Black Stone is starting to rise but hasn't broken free of her seed shell yet. Worried I may have to make an extraction. Seen this too many times. Time will tell. I won't if I don't have to, and I would rather not have to. I have faith in her strength. She germed really fast and sent out an impressive root within 48 hours. I'm fairly certain the stem stretch is due to the opaque walls and relatively clear ceiling. Already planning my LST tactics.

/edit Sunrise is about 0500, sunset is about 2300. That's 18 hours of natural sunlight, with about 14 hours of optimal light. The 90 day, 18 hour light regimen is almost exactly our growing season. I theorize that using proper hybridization and genetic diversification can create an outdoor auto hybrid that is capable of supplying Alaskan folks with good smoke.

Last edited:
Day 9:

View attachment 575172
Stardust 1

View attachment 575173
Stardust 2

View attachment 575174
Stardust 3

View attachment 575176
Stardust 4

View attachment 575178
Jock Horror Auto

Day 0:

View attachment 575179
Black Stone

High of 88f, low of 39f. Black Stone is starting to rise but hasn't broken free of her seed shell yet. Worried I may have to make an extraction. Seen this too many times. Time will tell. I won't if I don't have to, and I would rather not have to. I have faith in her strength. She germed really fast and sent out an impressive root within 48 hours. I'm fairly certain the stem stretch is due to the opaque walls and relatively clear ceiling. Already planning my LST tactics.

/edit Sunrise is about 0500, sunset is about 2300. That's 18 hours of natural sunlight, with about 14 hours of optimal light. The 90 day, 18 hour light regimen is almost exactly our growing season. I theorize that using proper hybridization and genetic diversification can create an outdoor auto hybrid that is capable of supplying Alaskan folks with good smoke.
see, this is the kinda talk we like

Back