Need4Weed's Perceptual Muti-Strain Grow using MegaCrop!

Time to update the new babies, but I'm going to have to go back to check on their age. I mixed up 3 gallons of water for the Growpito girls, Purple Nuggets and Psychofruit. I added 3 grams of MC, 9 ml of SM-90, and a few drops of Superthrive ph's to 5.6 I'm keeping them covered to keep down algae and I wished I had done that with the Grodan cubes. I usually plant cube and all, and don't worry about it! If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of it than I'm all ears! Here's some pics ...

View attachment 969528 View attachment 969529 View attachment 969530 View attachment 969533 View attachment 969534 View attachment 969535

Here's a pic of the pitiful looking Purple Nugget that survived the first germination attempt. I didn't notice the black looking funk growing in the cup until I downloaded the pic! Yikes! :yoinks:

View attachment 969540

Finally, are the Sweet N' Sour and Blackberry! I just removed the ponytail yesterday that I had on both girls for 2 days to encourage branching, so don't worry about the twist in the leaves! :headbang:

View attachment 969536 View attachment 969537 View attachment 969538 View attachment 969539
Once the algae gets started it is hard to control. I use pieces of Orca Grow Film to block the light from getting to the rock wool surface from the beginning. Blocking the light is the safest thing you can do. I remember looking into chemical control but I did not like the idea of them getting into my meds. Hydrogen Peroxide is another possible control but can kill your grow along with the algae or attract fungus gnats that dine on the decaying algae. A whole separate problem. So block the light completely and use a little Botanicare HydroGuard to help digest the dying algae.

Once the algae gets started it is hard to control. I use pieces of Orca Grow Film to block the light from getting to the rock wool surface from the beginning. Blocking the light is the safest thing you can do. I remember looking into chemical control but I did not like the idea of them getting into my meds. Hydrogen Peroxide is another possible control but can kill your grow along with the algae or attract fungus gnats that dine on the decaying algae. A whole separate problem. So block the light completely and use a little Botanicare HydroGuard to help digest the dying algae.
Thanks for your input @Mañ'O'Green :d5:
Can I use Sensiysm instead of Hydroguard? Hopefully, they both do the same thing! :headbang:

I thought I would do an update! I got the 2 biggest Mephisto girls out and took some individual pics. It may be the last time, as these girls are putting a strain on my back since I did the re-pot! It's day 65 for White Crack and Double Grape and their really packing on the weight under the new Timber Grow Lights ... and getting frosty too! Here's some pics!

View attachment 969165 View attachment 969166 View attachment 969167 View attachment 969168 View attachment 969169 View attachment 969170 View attachment 969171

Here's a shot of the stunted Double Grape! I had already put her in the shower before I remembered to take a pic.

View attachment 969172

Day 74 for Stilton's Special Baby [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is in the 2 gallon fabric pot and she's not as far along as her big sister.

View attachment 969173 View attachment 969174

Day 74 for Stilton's Special Baby [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] in all her splendor, lol Some of her trichs are clouding up, but still not time to flush.

View attachment 969175 View attachment 969176

The 4 youngest girls will get an update later. I'll be giving the Growpito girls their first feeding since the transplant. There's also a Purple Nugget that survived the wacky ph and early feed. She still looks on the weird side, but if you know me, then you know I don't cull nothing! I had some extra mix from the Growpito medium, so I potted her up a few days ago and the very next day she was looking better! I'll post some pics later on today! :headbang:
Beautiful plants

I thought I would update the grow! Both Stilton babies are being flushed as the trichs turned amber rather quickly! I expect to chop them tomorrow or the next day as I'm on my last few tokes of smoke! Day 84 and this pic of SSB [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] was taken yesterday! :headbang:

DSC01373.JPG

Here's a pic of SSB [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] that I took a little while ago! :headbang:

DSC01384.JPG
DSC01385.JPG

Here's a pic of the stunted Double Grape. She's short and bushy! :headbang:

DSC01380.JPG
DSC01381.JPG

The bigger Double Grape and White Crack are just too heavy to move around! So here's a group shot! I'll update the newest girls shortly! :headbang:

DSC01382.JPG

Day 24 for Sweet N' Sour and she's come out of the early stunting really well! She got topped a week ago! The Blackberry, (day 24 also), is father behind. I did top her earlier today, as the pony-tailing I attempted earlier didn't take so well! Here's some pics! :headbang:

DSC01375.JPG
DSC01376.JPG
DSC01377.JPG
DSC01378.JPG

The girls in the Growpito test are not so good. I guess the Psychofruit is ok, but the Purple Nuggets is having ph swings and a possible fungus gnat infestations. Runoff PH was fine on the Psychofruit, but the runoff was high on the other. I did up some more mix and re-dipped, so hopefully she'll come out of it! :headbang:

DSC01370.JPG
DSC01369.JPG

I thought I would update the grow! Both Stilton babies are being flushed as the trichs turned amber rather quickly! I expect to chop them tomorrow or the next day as I'm on my last few tokes of smoke! Day 84 and this pic of SSB [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] was taken yesterday! :headbang:

View attachment 971034

Here's a pic of SSB [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] that I took a little while ago! :headbang:

View attachment 971035View attachment 971036

Here's a pic of the stunted Double Grape. She's short and bushy! :headbang:

View attachment 971037View attachment 971038

The bigger Double Grape and White Crack are just too heavy to move around! So here's a group shot! I'll update the newest girls shortly! :headbang:

View attachment 971039
Looking Frosty! :pass:

Hey guys! I just got through updating the Growpito thread and I thought I would fill you in and post some pics!
Btw, here's what I posted over there! :headbang:

It's been 3 days since the last feeding and despite my best effort, the girls are still alive! :smoking:
I've never kept a record of my feedings. If needed, I'd just go back and see if the info was in the journal. But since I haven't been growing that long, (since 2015), and only a year indoors, I've decided to start keeping a chart of my feedings, PPMs and PH before and after. So far it looks like this!

NOV 10

PURPLE NUGGETS PPMs IN 470 PPMs OUT 479 PH IN 5.5 PH OUT 6.0

PSYCHOFRUIT PPMs IN 470 PPMs OUT 479 PH IN 5.5 PH OUT 5.7

As you can see something's still going on in the root zone, but Purple Nuggets actually looks a little better! Both plants seemed to have grown a little over the pass 3 days and I see no ill effects on the new growth. So hopefully, they will pull through this little hiccup! :headbang:

dsc01387-1-a-jpg.972009

Both Stilton Babies have been chopped and I've been able to move some things around! I boxed up the old MarsHydro 400 and now I've running all cobs, (7 total)! Here's some pics after the rearrange! :headbang:

DSC01386.JPG
DSC01387.JPG
DSC01388.JPG
DSC01389.JPG
DSC01390.JPG

Back