Lighting Need help with wiring LED driver to the COB

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Stich's Love Potion, Unknown Sativa pen vape from Portland OR
Hi guys,

I'm trying to do a DIY setup with a 140 pin heatsink, Citizen clu-048-1812 90 Cri cob with Bjb holder, Angelina reflector and the Meanwell HBG-100-48A driver. This will create a DIY Autocob and sourcing the parts from different online sites works out significantly cheaper per whole unit that I put together($96 vs $135 per autocob).
The only snag in this whole thing is that I can't seem to find an instructional video or even a site with pictures showing how to properly hook up the COB to the driver. There are videos for other drivers and COB setups but not for the one I'm looking for.
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places...I'm looking for any help I can get!!!
Thanks.
hs.jpg

cob.jpg

driver.jpg

Red to "+", black to "-", brown is mains "live", blue is mains "neutral".
Thanks @Banjacked. I'm still waiting to receive all the parts for the COB and I hope things will make sense when I finally start putting them together. Might hit you up for more details then!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I might not be an expert in growing weed, but I been an electrician for over 30 years so kinda have an idea on that side of things.

And I looked on Google to see what was the input and output on the driver, saved a bit of guessing...

I think this driver isn t suitable for your cob mate.

Hbg-48A is questionable for that cob, 60A would be the recommended driver. Id go with the 60A and one of the fin sinks designed for the HBG drivers... Something like this! This is a cxm-22 on a hbg-100-60a.
20171122_185033.jpg

Hbg-48A is questionable for that cob, 60A would be the recommended driver. Id go with the 60A and one of the fin sinks designed for the HBG drivers... Something like this! This is a cxm-22 on a hbg-100-60a.
View attachment 862420

What heatsink is that?

Back