New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Hey friend, looks like you're off to a decent start!

I'm nearing the end of my first grow and I have to say, don't be scared of LST/tying down your plants a bit. I'd recommend to get some gardening ribbon. The wide (1/2") green stuff. It's pretty easy to tie off and it stretches a bit. Just gentle and little at a time. I waited until I had the 5th node showing before starting to pull branches out to the sides. Some people like pipe cleaners too.

I have a 2x2 tent and it is tight in there but I am only going to run one plant at a time. Base your tent size on how much space you have and how many plants you want to grow at a time.
4 plants(autopot), humidifier, possibly a smal ac unit. 2x4, 3x3, or 4x4?

4x4 if you have the space but, there are far better growers with way more experience than I. They will probably stop by and have good advice for you. A new thread asking about tent size and recommendations in the new growers area isn't a bad idea either.

Someimes it's the extras that make a grow easier that add up way too quickly! I found out with a ph pen, then ppm/ec meter, fan, humidifier, inkbird controller, exhaust fan, filter, etc etc.... hahaha but man, it is way too much fun!

4x4 if you have the space but, there are far better growers with way more experience than I. They will probably stop by and have good advice for you. A new thread asking about tent size and recommendations in the new growers area isn't a bad idea either.

Someimes it's the extras that make a grow easier that add up way too quickly! I found out with a ph pen, then ppm/ec meter, fan, humidifier, inkbird controller, exhaust fan, filter, etc etc.... hahaha but man, it is way too much fun!
I'm having the best time. I was playing golf today and couldn't wait to get home to see my babies.

Big Sul
What kind of space do ya have to work with?
Where is your intended location of the tent and will the tent be in a controlled environment?
Are you concerned with the smell?
Do you own or rent?

Going to have the tent in the corner of my garage. Not climate controlled. Will provide heat or AC as needed. Probably growing Spring & fall. Summer is too much in the summer unless there is a strain that can handle the desert heat. I am going to have a fan/carbon filter. Not overly concerned about smell, but I will take appropriate action to minimize within reason. I own my house.

Plants see to be happy. Bag Jack (jack herer) & GiGi (GG4), Moving right along.
IMG_1962.JPG IMG_1963.JPG

Bag Jack is in FFHF & Gigi is in Supersoil (Natures Living Soil w/FFHF). Going to give them a decent size drink today, beyond just keeping them "moist".

On another note, I pulled the plug (literally) on the unpopped seed. Dropped a GSC seed in water and it already sank. Transferred to paper towel last night and placed on a warm heating pad. When I got up, @ 6 hours later, I checked the seed and the paper towel was pretty dry (I live in the desert). I moistened the towel, and I'm back on track.

Anyone think there is a problem that the towel got dry? At 11pm when I went to bed, the towel was moist. At 4 am I checked and adjusted accordingly.

Plants see to be happy. Bag Jack (jack herer) & GiGi (GG4), Moving right along.
View attachment 1276353 View attachment 1276354

Bag Jack is in FFHF & Gigi is in Supersoil (Natures Living Soil w/FFHF). Going to give them a decent size drink today, beyond just keeping them "moist".

On another note, I pulled the plug (literally) on the unpopped seed. Dropped a GSC seed in water and it already sank. Transferred to paper towel last night and placed on a warm heating pad. When I got up, @ 6 hours later, I checked the seed and the paper towel was pretty dry (I live in the desert). I moistened the towel, and I'm back on track.

Anyone think there is a problem that the towel got dry? At 11pm when I went to bed, the towel was moist. At 4 am I checked and adjusted accordingly.

yup, don't let the towel go dry. you're doing fine.

Update: 77f/75%rh.. 2-autocobs @ 30" 24/0
IMG_1964.JPG

Bag JH day 10 IMG_1965.JPG FFHF soil. When do I start feeding calmag? Let the plant tell me or take preventive measures?

GG4 day 6IMG_1966.JPG Natures Living Soil/FFHF supersoil.

GG leaves are showing a hint of yellowing at base of their leaves. New grower so I have a predisposition to over react. Rather operate in prevention mode rather than response. Thoughts?

Also dropped Original Girl Scout cookies. Seed popped and is currently in paper towel. QUESTION, do you put seed directly into soil after it pops or would you drop in a Jiffy cube and then into soil?

Recommended ppm meter?

Does that mean I hurt the seed or it's ok, but don't do it again?
I think as long as the seed has germinated yet, no problem... if it already had a tap root poped out, it would look all yellow/browniish if it affected it negatively, if it's still white, all good.

Back