New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

My two cents as someone only on their second grow: change your framing from “what can I do to fuck with them today?” to “what can I do to make sure they’re happy and otherwise stay out of the way?”. It’s certainly been my mantra on this grow after having the former perspective on my first grow. Try to think about setting conditions to let the plants succeed, and then focus on maintaining conditions. If that makes sense. Ideally, once conditions are set, you’re hands off for days at a time and the plant grows unimpeded.
Yep. but ya have to admit, we all are guilty of the “what can I do to fuck with them today?” LOL!

I agree. They are primed for a good growth spurt. Getting and keeping the total environment at an optimal level and let them run with it. Attention to details will pay out in the end.

The 2 gals in supersoil (in back) are doing well. The Jack in the 1 gal/FFHF (front)has started to pout a little bit. She seems to be wilted for the last 2 days. Larger leaves are OK, but smaller bud sites are droopy. Started feeding her MC(350ppm) a few days ago. Yesterday I checked ppm of run off and it was 190(375ish going in). This AM I noticed this on ONE leaf. DISREGARD the temp & humidy readings, I had it on top of the light. Could Jack be hungry? I haven't Overwatered. @pop22, as a MC user, I am interested in your thoughts. Seems that MC has enough cal & mag, or should I be adding to feed? This is all new stuff. Plant is 35 days from seed.

I welcome any thoughts that can expand my knowledge. What I DONT want to do is over-react and create a problem.
IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

NOT underfed. That's a slight nute burn. I'd say overwatered.
How much have you been watering her?

I water when the pot is light, which has become daily. Perhaps my internal scale is off. With the small pot, it will be easy to determine if I don't water for a day. If it is NOT a food issue, it is probably a watering. Once again, a HUMAN factor.

Do you water to run off? the problem with the weighing method for large pots is, if they get too dry, they can have dry spots on the soil that remain dry, so you should water slowly to runoff I agree with WildBill, she's over fed, look .closer at that drooping, the leaves are clawing, a classic sigh of being over fed. Go back to plain water. I'd say your soil has plenty of nutrients left. I recent had a plant go 90 days in a 3 gallon pot with nothing given but water. A 4 ft plant at that. The MC will just make this worse.

Now that spot, well too soon to say, let's see in a couple days. could be a couple things but might be nothing. If it continues, I'd say you need a calcium boost. we'll be watching for your next pics.

I water when the pot is light, which has become daily. Perhaps my internal scale is off. With the small pot, it will be easy to determine if I don't water for a day. If it is NOT a food issue, it is probably a watering. Once again, a HUMAN factor.

Do you water to run off? the problem with the weighing method for large pots is, if they get too dry, they can have dry spots on the soil that remain dry, so you should water slowly to runoff I agree with WildBill, she's over fed, look .closer at that drooping, the leaves are clawing, a classic sigh of being over fed. Go back to plain water. I'd say your soil has plenty of nutrients left. I recent had a plant go 90 days in a 3 gallon pot with nothing given but water. A 4 ft plant at that. The MC will just make this worse.

Now that spot, well too soon to say, let's see in a couple days. could be a couple things but might be nothing. If it continues, I'd say you need a calcium boost. we'll be watching for your next pics.
Just to be clear, the concern is with the JH is in a 1 gal pot of just FFHF soil. the other 2 are in 3 gal with NLS/FFHF SuperSoil. I feel that I have a good feel with the 3 gal fabric pots, as I water 1-2 liters then bottom water for 10-15 min. They suck up the water quickly. The 1 gal plastic pot was a bag seed that I said "what the hell, let's try ".

I have a cheap moisture meter to give me a point of reference. It is not the end all be all. I have been watering when it reads on the low end of the "moist" readings, thought being its better to not let them get too dry. I have been intentionally giving them a little more water as they get bigger. I may be too aggressive. Once again, PATIENCE!

Thx for the feedback @WildBill & @pop22

Just to be clear, the concern is with the JH is in a 1 gal pot of just FFHF soil. the other 2 are in 3 gal with NLS/FFHF SuperSoil. I feel that I have a good feel with the 3 gal fabric pots, as I water 1-2 liters then bottom water for 10-15 min. They suck up the water quickly. The 1 gal plastic pot was a bag seed that I said "what the hell, let's try ".

I have a cheap moisture meter to give me a point of reference. It is not the end all be all. I have been watering when it reads on the low end of the "moist" readings, thought being its better to not let them get too dry. I have been intentionally giving them a little more water as they get bigger. I may be too aggressive. Once again, PATIENCE!

Thx for the feedback @WildBill & @pop22
Here's my 2 rusty pennies, lol.. It's really hard to over feed a plant in a one gal pot.. Most of the pot is probably roots by now.. If you're doing the run off ppms correctly and it's a legit 190ish, then the plant is feeding fine.. The yellowing on that one leaf doesn't look like nute burn to me.. Nute burn (tip burn) only effects the tips of the leaves.. If you look at that leaf, yellowing is happening on all the tips along the margins.. That's what potassium issues look. Calcium is an immobile nutrient.. Issues with calcium first show up on new growth or upper leaves, not lower leaves.. .. If it's just one leaf right now, then it may just grow out of it in the next few days as the rhizosphere adjusts to the new feeding.. Definitely something worth keeping an eye on to make sure it doesn't spread further.

It is so nice having you guys as my Grow "rabbi's". (@Proph , @WildBill , @terp182 , @pop22 ).

FYI, in case u don't know, being referred to as a rabbi is a term of much respect.

It appears that all is well in Big Suls tent. Woke up and was greeted with a big wiff and happy plants. The leaf drooping and leaf discoloration on Jack has improved. The discoloration on the 1 leaf has not progressed. My guess is overwatering on the Jack. One problem I have identified is having 2 different size pots and different ages and treating them as a whole rather than independently. Jack, GG, and GSC are independent babies and should be treated as such.

Today is going to be an interesting day for me. The plants look happy. The question is, " Can I leave them alone and let them be ?" When life is good, why hurry?

I am having such a good time!!!
IMG_2058.JPG

Day 38: Jack Herer
IMG_2055.JPG

Day 34: GG#4
IMG_2056.JPG

Day 26: GSC
IMG_2057.JPG

Let it ride! Just be watchful.
My girls are basically on cruise for a couple of days until my next "treatment" for the HBSS girls with compost tea, Recharge and SST(Sprouted Seed Tea) of Malted barley.

Back