New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Things are starting to get real. I'm trying something a little different. Not sure I'm completely sold on this, but I bought some larger washers to hang from branches to assist in LST. I still will tie down when I want to "move" a branch, but for height control and maintaining the canopy I think this gives me some flexibility. Also, it makes watering easier, as it pertains to access under the canopy.

QUESTION: What is next? Do I keep training or leave them alone? When I first started LST it was to increase bud sites to the light. It then moved to creating a uniform canopy. Then my focus turned to getting all 3 plants to similar height so they will be close to equal distance from lights @ approx. 24".

Going forward, do I let the plants grow into the light or should I be trying to get the lights closer? From what I've read about lighting distance during flower, 20" is recommended. However, before @Proph asks me "Why?" (I have a predisposition to want to make changes based on time/dates instead of what the plant is telling me) my response is, I DONT KNOW. My inclination is to not change anything and let the plants grow into the light, and RAISE them when needed, instead of lowering and making frequent changes. The lighting focus started as a result of @WildBill making height changes, and me reading more on lighting proximity.

I would really appreciate any constructive criticism on WHAT YOU SEE, and what can/should I be considering going forward.

Thx

IMG_0311.JPG

Day 36:
IMG_0312.JPG

Day 32:
IMG_0313.JPG

Day 24:
IMG_0314.JPG

Just noticed, that black item in your tent. It looks like my Amazon Basics Oscillating Tower Fan. They do a good job moving air at 3 heights.

Pic from last week:

Your plants look happy and healthy.......why risk fking them up? I'd let them go on their own now.
Why? Cuz I'm a human being w/control issues. I need to practice what I preach, "when life is good, why hurry?"
Just noticed, that black item in your tent. It looks like my Amazon Basics Oscillating Tower Fan. They do a good job moving air at 3 heights.
I do like the fan. Provides air movement to fabric pots, under & top of canopy.

That Tower fan has worked nicely, on my 3rd run with it. My rig is on 24/7 too. Not bad for $46
:D

Just cleaned it again, that part is a pita.......Qtips, and lotsa sanitized wipes......

Things are starting to get real. I'm trying something a little different. Not sure I'm completely sold on this, but I bought some larger washers to hang from branches to assist in LST. I still will tie down when I want to "move" a branch, but for height control and maintaining the canopy I think this gives me some flexibility. Also, it makes watering easier, as it pertains to access under the canopy.

QUESTION: What is next? Do I keep training or leave them alone? When I first started LST it was to increase bud sites to the light. It then moved to creating a uniform canopy. Then my focus turned to getting all 3 plants to similar height so they will be close to equal distance from lights @ approx. 24".

Going forward, do I let the plants grow into the light or should I be trying to get the lights closer? From what I've read about lighting distance during flower, 20" is recommended. However, before @Proph asks me "Why?" (I have a predisposition to want to make changes based on time/dates instead of what the plant is telling me) my response is, I DONT KNOW. My inclination is to not change anything and let the plants grow into the light, and RAISE them when needed, instead of lowering and making frequent changes. The lighting focus started as a result of @WildBill making height changes, and me reading more on lighting proximity.

I would really appreciate any constructive criticism on WHAT YOU SEE, and what can/should I be considering going forward.

Thx

View attachment 1285852

Day 36:
View attachment 1285853
Day 32:
View attachment 1285854
Day 24:
View attachment 1285855
You're doing fine man! Keep it up!

I use Pelonis tower fans in my tents. So far they have been the most durable.

That Tower fan has worked nicely, on my 3rd run with it. My rig is on 24/7 too. Not bad for $46
:D

Just cleaned it again, that part is a pita.......Qtips, and lotsa sanitized wipes......

Ya, I have a shelf full of clip on fans........too hard to keep secure and less airflow.

Have a Vornado high speed 360 degree adjustable fan just collecting dust too. Like a tall oscillating fan best.

I think you're starting to get it, lol.. Lst for YOUR reasons.. Set your light distance based on YOUR goals.. What's next? Depends on what you want to accomplish. The more distance between the plant and the light, the more likely it is to stretch (if not already passed that stage). The shorter the distance, the shorter the plants.. Also keep in mind that when comparing grows, theirs is not yours.. So consider the variables.. Do you have the same exact light, in the same sized tent/space, with the same environment? My light, in my tent at 20 inches, is not the same as yours, if that makes sense.

My personal opinion? You've experimented a good deal.. Learned a good deal... You don't wanna be doing too much as flower approaches.. Maybe it's time to just let the plant be a plant and spend it's energy on getting ready to flower. The look good!

My two cents as someone only on their second grow: change your framing from “what can I do to fuck with them today?” to “what can I do to make sure they’re happy and otherwise stay out of the way?”. It’s certainly been my mantra on this grow after having the former perspective on my first grow. Try to think about setting conditions to let the plants succeed, and then focus on maintaining conditions. If that makes sense. Ideally, once conditions are set, you’re hands off for days at a time and the plant grows unimpeded.

Back