Outdoor Nakenjanne’s RQS organic outdoor 2018

End of week 9, day 62. Weather is still hot and dry but we had nights with below 15 c and at the end of the week it looks like we are getting rain and day temps at about 20-22 c. They are now spending the nights in the greenhouse with dehumidifier and the days in the sun. I have been feeding them with nettle water and bone meal this week but will give them only rain water now.

Below is the top of Amnesia Haze Auto. The leaves are turning purple. Might be genetic, might be the colder nights, might be high nitrogen or low phosphorus or it might be something else... Anyway, the buds are quite big (like a coca cola can...) but not so dense yet.
IMG_1106.jpg

This is the Royal Cookies in 20 and 30 liter pots. You can see the size difference but it doesn't look like there will be a lot more weight, will be interesting to see in the last weeks if the buds in the 30 liter gets thicker.
IMG_1108.jpg

Lower bud on one of the cookies:
IMG_1109.jpg

I guess they need about 3 more weeks, haven't checked the trichomes yet but I will do that until next weekly update.

End of week 9, day 62. Weather is still hot and dry but we had nights with below 15 c and at the end of the week it looks like we are getting rain and day temps at about 20-22 c. They are now spending the nights in the greenhouse with dehumidifier and the days in the sun. I have been feeding them with nettle water and bone meal this week but will give them only rain water now.

Below is the top of Amnesia Haze Auto. The leaves are turning purple. Might be genetic, might be the colder nights, might be high nitrogen or low phosphorus or it might be something else... Anyway, the buds are quite big (like a coca cola can...) but not so dense yet.
View attachment 939218

This is the Royal Cookies in 20 and 30 liter pots. You can see the size difference but it doesn't look like there will be a lot more weight, will be interesting to see in the last weeks if the buds in the 30 liter gets thicker.
View attachment 939217

Lower bud on one of the cookies:
View attachment 939216

I guess they need about 3 more weeks, haven't checked the trichomes yet but I will do that until next weekly update.
Good looking Christmas trees.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Week 10, Day 67. Nights are colder and humidity higher. Also I have run into mould issues and I had to remove 1/4 of the AH top bud. If I can save whats left I will still get more weed than me and my wife smoke until next summer.

Everything in my garden is affected by mould this time of the year. Even with the dehumidifier in the greenhouse I can't get the humidity below 65% on rainy days.

Next year I will start my outdoor grow earlier, put them outside at mid May would have been perfect. I will also look for more mould resistant strains.

Most trichomes are now cloudy but I would like 2 more weeks for them to really fill out. Right now I'm thinking about what to do. I could take them all inside to finish under the HPS as my indoor grow area is empty but it will require some work. The weather forecast shows rain for the coming week so it may be necessary. Alternatively I can harvest now, it's a bit early but I guess I would still get some nice smoke. What would you do?

Top of the Amnezia Haze after 1/4 of the buds removed.
IMG_1111.jpg

Top of the Royal Cookies. I have removed some parts with mould but mostly on the smaller buds.
IMG_1112.jpg

I have now moved all the plants indoor so that I can control temperature, humidity and air flow much better. I hope it can stop the mould and give me a few more weeks before harvest and that I still get the taste of an organic outdoor grow...

Nice work , I hope you got rid of the mould.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Week 10, Day 67. Nights are colder and humidity higher. Also I have run into mould issues and I had to remove 1/4 of the AH top bud. If I can save whats left I will still get more weed than me and my wife smoke until next summer.

Everything in my garden is affected by mould this time of the year. Even with the dehumidifier in the greenhouse I can't get the humidity below 65% on rainy days.

Next year I will start my outdoor grow earlier, put them outside at mid May would have been perfect. I will also look for more mould resistant strains.

Most trichomes are now cloudy but I would like 2 more weeks for them to really fill out. Right now I'm thinking about what to do. I could take them all inside to finish under the HPS as my indoor grow area is empty but it will require some work. The weather forecast shows rain for the coming week so it may be necessary. Alternatively I can harvest now, it's a bit early but I guess I would still get some nice smoke. What would you do?

Top of the Amnezia Haze after 1/4 of the buds removed.
View attachment 940870

Top of the Royal Cookies. I have removed some parts with mould but mostly on the smaller buds.
View attachment 940869

@912GreenSkell could recommend some resistant strains. It's a shame to lose some of that much bud.

What kind of circulation do you have? If you can, get some oscillating fans to push some air across main colas and primary branch tips. Stagnant air is an issue for mold absolutely. Okay so mold resistant strains, with the way you are set up you could certainly grow many more strains than me(I am at the mercy of long daylight hours couple with early winter onslaughts). That said, i have had luck with several strains like the Dutch Passion blueberry, Durban Poison, Fruity Chronic Juice from delicious.

I know what i would do...i have a saying

"Better to cut and fly, than wait and cry!!"

You could always do a selective harvest and take the tops and leave the lower buds to fill in some more.

What kind of circulation do you have? If you can, get some oscillating fans to push some air across main colas and primary branch tips. Stagnant air is an issue for mold absolutely. Okay so mold resistant strains, with the way you are set up you could certainly grow many more strains than me(I am at the mercy of long daylight hours couple with early winter onslaughts). That said, i have had luck with several strains like the Dutch Passion blueberry, Durban Poison, Fruity Chronic Juice from delicious.

Thanks buddy!

You have a point there! I only had the air circulation from the dehumidifier in the green house at nights. Wasn't prepared to get nights with temperatures as low as 12 c. I should have put in heating and an oscillating fan also... I have taken them inside now and keep temperature above 20 c and humidity below 55 %. I have removed all parts with visible rot and hope it will not spread.

Thanks for the feedback!

Back