Indoor My hydroponic adventures!

champagne kush looks well tasty :smoking: cracking selection ya running :pass:sweet set ups :thumbsup:
hehe and skidmark :d5:
:pighug:

Thanks archie, champagne kush was an absolute dream. Was my favorite for a good solid year. I didn't keep any mothers on my break so lost the genetics, but I've got so many seeds to run through that I'm not going to keep cuttings unless something really blows me away.

Thanks man, took me a while to get here. Bunch of trial and error. Cobs are where it's at though, 400w is capable of growing me a good elbow per cycle if I tried which is way more than I need, and my light bill stays around 120, with running my ac at 70 year round lol. Stick around, I just put it all to flower a few days ago and should get interesting in a few weeks.
Ive been looking at the cobs for a while. But finances just arent there. Ive got my 315 cmh so aside from temps in summer, its amazing!!!

Sent by a weed nerd

Ive been looking at the cobs for a while. But finances just arent there. Ive got my 315 cmh so aside from temps in summer, its amazing!!!

Sent by a weed nerd
If budget is what's driving you, DIY is where it's at. I have absolutely 0 knowledge on anything lighting. I mean none, I'm a plug and play kind of guy. But I too wanted cobs, so with a lot of research and 100,000 questions about anything to anyone that would answer I set to build my own. And after 1 rough trial with citizen clu048 1212 cob chips, I set out to build something cleaner with bigger cobs capable of handling more power. Finally settled on citizen clu048 1818 on meanwell hlg 185 - c1050b's running each cob at roughly 66w.

The cobs can be had cheap for about 20$ a chip for 90cri gen 6 chips. It all sounds fancy that just means "top shelf" with not so top shelf chips like my 1212's available for as low as 8$ a chip. 1212 are good cobs also just smaller in terms of output and all that jazz. What I'm saying is cobs can be had for a lot less than you think.

I may have 7 - 800$ total in my lighting. That's 550w of cob spread over 9 chips. That's around what you can buy 1 name brand cob light for, aside from sm0's stuff which is relatively cheap for a plug and play option on single cobs.

@Hypathetical Gardener feel free to get in my inbox if you want some links to cheap stuff or to ask your own 100,00 questions lol

If budget is what's driving you, DIY is where it's at. I have absolutely 0 knowledge on anything lighting. I mean none, I'm a plug and play kind of guy. But I too wanted cobs, so with a lot of research and 100,000 questions about anything to anyone that would answer I set to build my own. And after 1 rough trial with citizen clu048 1212 cob chips, I set out to build something cleaner with bigger cobs capable of handling more power. Finally settled on citizen clu048 1818 on meanwell hlg 185 - c1050b's running each cob at roughly 66w.

The cobs can be had cheap for about 20$ a chip for 90cri gen 6 chips. It all sounds fancy that just means "top shelf" with not so top shelf chips like my 1212's available for as low as 8$ a chip. 1212 are good cobs also just smaller in terms of output and all that jazz. What I'm saying is cobs can be had for a lot less than you think.

I may have 7 - 800$ total in my lighting. That's 550w of cob spread over 9 chips. That's around what you can buy 1 name brand cob light for, aside from sm0's stuff which is relatively cheap for a plug and play option on single cobs.

@Hypathetical Gardener feel free to get in my inbox if you want some links to cheap stuff or to ask your own 100,00 questions lol
When im not at work ill be hitting you up for sure!!

Sent by a weed nerd

Skidmark was my dads nick name wish i could of shown him this he would have loved it, i love seeing crosses like this as thats wat i do and so far only 1 cross wasnt more potent than parents keep it up will be watchin

Going to make some F3 shortly. I did get a few from a prior run but not many. I want to start with a bigger population also. I look forward to seeing you grow them!

Turned out awesome! Was turning purple, also got a dusting of rogue pollen and ended up full of seeds, mostly not viable but was still good smoke, have 6 ready to go into water later this week. How is your azure duck project coming along?

Our family doesnt do good with pet fish lol, although I would love to have relatively free nutrients.

Mate FF, that's busy canna farmer i would say, heh? Gardens full of green at your place:thumbsup:

Mate FF, that's busy canna farmer i would say, heh? Gardens full of green at your place:thumbsup:
You know it mong! That's whybim trying to automate my watering so I can take a break lol

Going to make some F3 shortly. I did get a few from a prior run but not many. I want to start with a bigger population also. I look forward to seeing you grow them!

Nice pop, I may do some chucking if I get a worthy Male, I have a few regular varieties coming up including your cushdog, may even through some blue dragons down also.

Skidmark was my dads nick name wish i could of shown him this he would have loved it, i love seeing crosses like this as thats wat i do and so far only 1 cross wasnt more potent than parents keep it up will be watchin
Thanks man, that's one hell of a nickname lol. Stay tuned for some more crosses eventually, gotta load the jars with sinsemilla then I can get to chucking pollen all willy nilly

Nice pop, I may do some chucking if I get a worthy Male, I have a few regular varieties coming up including your cushdog, may even through some blue dragons down also.

Thanks man, that's one hell of a nickname lol. Stay tuned for some more crosses eventually, gotta load the jars with sinsemilla then I can get to chucking pollen all willy nilly[/QUOTE]
Ya my dad past about 18 months ago he was a mountain biker hence skidmark, but i love crossing diff strains ive got a few of my crosses going in mephisto 2nd leg and i paint lower larf so i can keep the nice nugs and i also i lable each branch bc i use more than 1 strain of pollen. How do u do urs do u just let fan an sutch pollenate them or do u harvest pollen and paint it on

Thanks man, that's one hell of a nickname lol. Stay tuned for some more crosses eventually, gotta load the jars with sinsemilla then I can get to chucking pollen all willy nilly

Ya my dad past about 18 months ago he was a mountain biker hence skidmark, but i love crossing diff strains ive got a few of my crosses going in mephisto 2nd leg and i paint lower larf so i can keep the nice nugs and i also i lable each branch bc i use more than 1 strain of pollen. How do u do urs do u just let fan an sutch pollenate them or do u harvest pollen and paint it on[/QUOTE]
When I do pollinate I just let nature do its thing. I leave the Male in the grow room and give him a shake every day or so then pull him out after 2 or 3 weeks. When it's all said and done I end up with a shit ton of seed but not much smokable bud, I mean it's all smokable but its riddled with seed. I have tried to pollinate single branches but even then I find seeds in plants that weren't pollinated or even close to pollen so that's why I just stick with open pollination.

Last edited:
Back