New Grower My First Grow - RQS Northern Lights

Into week 6 and she seems to be flourishing despite all my attempts at LST and defoliation (which has been a ton).

Starting to see a slight humidity rise and it's low to mid 60's mostly now. I put a mini dehumidifier in there yesterday so we will see how that goes. Any cheap/stupid ideas to reduce the humidity in that wee tent? I read cat litter etc could all help? At what point should I be worried about the humidity and mold/rot??

Thank guys and all the best.

Attachments

• 1104.jpg
    1104.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 127
  • aprileleventh.jpg
    aprileleventh.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 11ofthe4th.jpg
    11ofthe4th.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 11thoffour.jpg
    11thoffour.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 142
16/4 and she has been lollipopped and given (hopefully) her last trim. Really enjoying this whole process - it's a joy to grow such a fantastic, medicinal plant!

Amazing what the googlebox can teach you how to do :biggrin:

Attachments

• 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 113
  • fourteenfour.jpg
    fourteenfour.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 1404.jpg
    1404.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 140418.jpg
    140418.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 122
good colour lots of tops.hum hmm i wouldnt want to get much higher from where you at.increase airflow is possible,an extra oscilating fan.
:pighug:

Cheers @archie gemmill .

I used my higher end temp/humidity probe yesterday and it was consistently reading 54-60% so I'm not going to try and change much more atm I think. But I'll test it couple of times a day and keep an eye. When the Mrs is out i'll go in and read a book for a bit and open the tent for an hour or two also.

Last edited:
All continues very well on day 48 - really couldn't be happier.

The LST and defoliation seems to help - would be interesting to see what she would have looked like without it - I think it would be a bit wild in my 60cm x 60cm tent!?!

Attachments

• nineteenapril.jpg
    nineteenapril.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 19april.jpg
    19april.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 107
  • april19.jpg
    april19.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 91
Can't believe we are at day 53 or so already. She looks pretty healthy. Seems to be a tiniest touch of nute burn right on the tips of a couple of leaves, about 20% or so, so I just fed her water last couple of days.

For any other newbies please don't think too hard about getting started, even with pretty heavy LST and defoliating, this RQS Northern Lights is a tough girl. Between reading here and a few youtube videos you have a pretty solid start.

I am VERY glad I didn't go with coco coir as was my original plan. She is on a 2 litre watering every other day and I imagine it will be daily soon. Can't imagine how much extra time I'd spend with watering and balancing feeds using coir and I can see now that I'd want to do a few plants in soil to build my confidence and knowledge up before going down that route.

Having the Biobizz soil and nutes and some good genetics has made this a relatively painless experience so far.

Attachments

• 24offour.jpg
    24offour.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 24of4.jpg
    24of4.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 244.jpg
    244.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 120
Can't believe we are at day 53 or so already. She looks pretty healthy. Seems to be a tiniest touch of nute burn right on the tips of a couple of leaves, about 20% or so, so I just fed her water last couple of days.

For any other newbies please don't think too hard about getting started, even with pretty heavy LST and defoliating, this RQS Northern Lights is a tough girl. Between reading here and a few youtube videos you have a pretty solid start.

I am VERY glad I didn't go with coco coir as was my original plan. She is on a 2 litre watering every other day and I imagine it will be daily soon. Can't imagine how much extra time I'd spend with watering and balancing feeds using coir and I can see now that I'd want to do a few plants in soil to build my confidence and knowledge up before going down that route.

Having the Biobizz soil and nutes and some good genetics has made this a relatively painless experience so far.
She looks great, nice work.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Back