New Grower My first grow, an autoflower story - Presenting Pakistan Ryder.

Cheers @briman!

Yeah, I'll be spending about the same again for just the Big Bud and Overdrive when I do get some, but as I've read with many nutrients, is that they'll last a looooong time so once bought they really shine for many grows to come! I guess I was kind of lucky in that regards, having bought most of my hardware over a few years actually, so right now I've not had such a huge outlay compared to other new growers but still... :D

Hello hello hello!

A quick update on day 16, she had her first real feed this morning, and I don't think she minded in the slightest! I made up a litre of water with 1ml each of Grow A+B, and maybe 1/2ml of the cal mag (I don't know if it's too early for this, but after @912GreenSkell mentioned people often using more nutrient rich soils than I am I thought a little boost to the medium might be nice to make sure she has some when she needs it), I only gave her about 100ml of the made up solution though. Will be picking up some Molasses for the carbs when I next make it into town :)

IMG_20150813_120053.jpg IMG_20150814_010231.jpg

I don't know if it's wishful thinking, or if I was holding the camera at a different angle this evening but I think she's looking a little taller and spreading nicely :D (Sorry for the terrible led pics, I have been turning the light off for a moment to take the pics up til now... I read a thread on here about adjusting the white balance on a camera to get much better pictures with the light on but of course I can't find my usb card reader for my regular camera so unable to use that, and still on my phone for now).

Officially into week 2, and the feeding schedule is go!

\o/

Hey again everyone!

Not really much to report on my little one I think, she seems nice and healthy although I'm not sure if I had the light too low? I think she's very bushy but doesn't look to be gaining much height so I raised the light to try and make her stretch a little.

Day 19
IMG_20150817_012342.jpg

I still only have her on the Grow A+B feed, haven't had a chance to pick up any Carboload/Molasses, but the plan is to get one of the two this week so will have her on that as well over the coming days :)

O she looks nice bro.. she will stretch dont worry. shes been all busy building up a nice root system.. keep it up budda!!:pass:Speaking of roots get some voodoo juice in the soil..

Hey again guys!

Day 22, and the third week has begun! Her week 2 feeding schedule was about 500ml - 750ml of 1ml/l Grow A+B for the first few days, i wasn't sure how much to be using so kind of guessed based on gut feeling xD She seems to be happy with it, and I actually gave plain water only on day 20, and nothing at all yesterday as the soil was still slightly damp.

I got the Molasses now, and her feed today was still 1ml/l Grow A+B again, with 1tsp Molasses, and then lightly over the top of that with a small amount of plain water, intending to increase to 1.2ml Grow A+B from tomorrow :) Thank you for the advice about Voodee Juice @The Elvis, I definitely will start to build my nute kit up over time but I'm afraid I have to get it in batches over a few grows sadly, so this little one will need to do without it for now :(

So the pics! She's still doing fantastic I think:
IMG_20150819_123144.jpg IMG_20150819_134431.jpg
IMG_20150819_134353.jpg IMG_20150819_142319.jpg
The top 2 pictures are just 2 hours apart! From when I checked on her first, until I finished playing :D There was so much foliage underneath 3 large top leaves, so i gently rearranged everything and let the lower branches see the light. I also loved leaving the LED light on for the closeups, I think it looks really cool \o/

There we go, I think we're cruising now, and I just need to keep her comfortable for the time being, watch her grow into a fine young lady and look out for flowering I guess!

Good evening!

There's not much to update really, she didn't seem to want feeding today as the soil was still damp and I did water to slight run off in the end yesterday, so today I just let her enjoy the rest of that. She still looks to be shining, although there is one thing I would like to ask for some advice on... Am I seeing the first small indication of Cal/Mag deficiency on this leaf:
IMG_20150821_011106.jpg IMG_20150821_011111.jpg
I don't want to sound paranoid but of course it's better to be safe than sorry! It's only on the one leaf at the moment, so may be nothing, and I'm just finding issue where there is none, but hopefully one of you will be able to check it out! I know Tang's schedule doesn't mention Cal/Mag until flowering, but I am using LEDs so perhaps she's used up what was there and would thank me for a little top up?
IMG_20150820_113649.jpg IMG_20150820_113701.jpg
Other than this, she's still bushing up nicely, with a nice top down view included so we can see how she's filling the space comfortably so far. I've been considering LST but I think I'll be holding off on that for this one. As a first grow, I think I'll enjoy seeing how she does everything without me messing her about too much, so will just stick to gently rearranging leaves so they're not hogging all the light, and leave her to decide the rest :D

Peace out!

Day 25 update guys :)

IMG_20150822_120518.jpg IMG_20150822_120526.jpg
She doesn't seem to be reaching up yet, but filling out nicely round the edges. I've started her on about 1.2ml Sensi Grow A+B per litre of feed, with 1ml Calmag yesterday and a bit of Molasses. I made up about a litre of warm water with 2tbsp of Molasses that I'm keeping in the fridge, and using a little bit about once a week at the moment.
IMG_20150822_120540.jpg
The marks I was worried about a few days ago look to be improving, so I'm not sure what it is but I'm not too concerned... Maybe I was a bit careless one day and dropped a cable on it or something *shrug* :D

Anyways, she seems to like the way I'm treating her more or less, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing xD

she looks nice mate, i'm on my first grow too! good luck with your lady, plants are ultimate survivors. subbed and..:slap::karmacloud:

Hey all!

It's day 29 by my count, her 4th week birthday! \o/ And the start of week 5. :D She's still with me, and grown a lot over the last week! You can definitely tell she's in the room with you though, there's a very woody aroma coming from her vicinity.
IMG_20150826_151339.jpg IMG_20150826_183200.jpg
As you can see, she's not really pushing up much, but she just about got her fingertips on the edge of the pot on the sides now, and wow is she looking pretty inside that mass of leaves! I'm seeing what I guess are preflowers at loads of nodes inside the canopy, so I've tucked most of the larger top leaves in on themselves so the flowers will be getting as much light as possible :D

It's about 23 degrees c, and RH is roundabout 60%. I don't know if I'll be able to do much about humidity when she switches to bloom, we'll have to wing that bit maybe ;) I've got a small electric bar heater I can put in when the temperature drops, maybe with a fan on it it'll dry the air a bit?

I only need to feed her 2 or 3 times a week, and today she got about 1.5ml/l of growA+B which she'll stay on for the rest of the week, and for this feed i added 1ml calmag and a touch more molasses. Watering is a bit of a bitch, cos i can't really avoid much of the outside canopy, and cos they're so low some of them end up in the soil and need rescuing, they don't seem to care so much but it's got me thinking about setting up an irrigation system...

I'm not really sure how high I should have the light over the top, so she's getting alternating heights where I move it between 1 and 2 ft every other day or whatever, not sure it makes much difference but maybe I like playing with every little thing xD
IMG_20150826_151512.jpg IMG_20150826_151521.jpg
Damn those LED closeups are kinky!

I'm really enjoying myself, and I can't wait to see what else she's going to do :D So for now, I just need to keep her happy, and watch for switching over to bloom nutes in what, a week or 2? *shrug*, we'll just have to wait and see!

Peace out guys!

Back