I have the same redish stems but only on one of the four strains seems to enjoy the calmag feasts more regular :) still learning as for distance I'm at about 23" atm and no probs but I'm using different lights

Haven't read your journal yet mate as started at the end! What calmag are you using? Blotches and purple stems COULD be mag issues I believe. LEDs suck it from your babies. I got similar to start with and use loads of low N calmag and no more problems.

Purple stems are also just a trait of some strains though so need to double check on other similar grows to really know.
Thanks man, I'm using the canna calmag agent it has npk rating of 6-0-0, the blotching only seems to be happening on this one plant the rest seem fine, would it make any difference foliage feeding the calmag rather then watering with it?

Thanks for that @budelee there's always some one around that knows there gear :biggrin:

Honestly it looked way further then 28in but photos do play tricks! Lol

As for the purple usually it's nothing to worry about, some strains are naturally purple (dark devil) for example, then you've got your night time temps, if they are low it will cause the plant to turn purple again nothing to worry about here, I like the purple on my plants.
Another thing is nute deficiency, someone correct me but I'm pretty sure low magnesium will turn it purple,
As for those dots im not to sure, they look small and not a great deal of them, I'd keep a close eye on it, maybe someone else actually knows what those dots are?

Here's a pic of the purple leaf stems and I've also just noticed blotchy leaves I'll post some pics below and see what you guys think before I go over to the infirmary.
View attachment 704346 View attachment 704347
I'll also add that they get 3ml of calmag per 2000ml every watering, so once every two days.
The splotchy coloring could be the mag deficiencies ,and yes,led's do require more of it..the purpling stems could indicate a phosphorus deficiency,I haven't seen your nute regimen,but sometimes even the same strain has different "phenos" that may require a bit more or less than its sisters..if the lamp is too close some stress indicators would be the cal/mag deficiencies and possible curled leaves or burn issues..

Thanks for that @budelee there's always some one around that knows there gear :biggrin:

Honestly it looked way further then 28in but photos do play tricks! Lol

As for the purple usually it's nothing to worry about, some strains are naturally purple (dark devil) for example, then you've got your night time temps, if they are low it will cause the plant to turn purple again nothing to worry about here, I like the purple on my plants.
Another thing is nute deficiency, someone correct me but I'm pretty sure low magnesium will turn it purple,
As for those dots im not to sure, they look small and not a great deal of them, I'd keep a close eye on it, maybe someone else actually knows what those dots are?
Thanks..and yes ,that's true about purple strains..i forgot to include this pic of the phos deficient progression which shows the purpling stems
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks man, I'm using the canna calmag agent it has npk rating of 6-0-0, the blotching only seems to be happening on this one plant the rest seem fine, would it make any difference foliage feeding the calmag rather then watering with it?
foliar feeding is the quickest way to get nutriens to the plant,the use of a "wetting agent" would help deliver a foliar more effectively(Optic Foliar line is the only one i use)..do not spray in full light or it could burn the plant,wait till a few hours before light come on or a few hours after they go off...the Optic Line works in full light and temps dont matter..we have a test of their gear going on if you need a good read,excellent stuff,id recommend it to anyone!!

Try and find a foliar spray that has CalMag in it maybe mate? Then you can tailor the amount each plant gets. I have the optic foliar overgrow and it seems to work well. Your CalMag has a shit load of N as most of them do so just be aware of that as you can quite easily get N tox. I did.

Sent from my bedroom using the neighbour's wifi

And personally I would check other grows of your strain to see if they got purple stems. It COULD be a deficiency so better checking than just assuming it's ok. IMO.

Sent from my bedroom using the neighbour's wifi

Back