Live Stoners My 1st time attempting a soil grow. Need a few tips please.

Quick question... Since I've obviously been told a crock of shit elsewhere. Can I do LST on autos? I was also told that u shouldn't do that to autos.

Quick question... Since I've obviously been told a crock of shit elsewhere. Can I do LST on autos? I was also told that u shouldn't do that to autos.
I used to do a lot of LST on autos but I am just too lazy. Now, I just top above the 4th node around day 18 and let her grow. You may get a better yield with proper LST techniques. You may have a bad result. It is all part of farming.

MYTH Busted! There are many many skilled autoflower growers here that happily LST their Autos.

I apologize for being a bit bristly earlier. It just ruffled me feathers for some reason. I really like DWC. It is just too hot for proper reservoir temperatures here without chillers that I cannot accommodate in my space. In the winter months I could do DWC but the rock wool has become routine.

:greenthumb:

Greetings to all. So far I have done 2 grows using DWC and seeds that i had collected whenever I found any. But this go round i wanna try my hand at soil and with some quality seeds. I ordered 5-Gelato, 5-Zkittlez, and 5-Wedding Cake seeds from ILGM, all of them autoflower, which is also something else ive never tried. I ordered FFOF soil which arrives today but my main question is... Will I be able to use the nutes that I currently have in a soil grow? Im really excited to get going but i dont wanna waste these seeds I bought because I paid good $ for them.

Here are the nutes and everything I currently have:

View attachment 1331461View attachment 1331462

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance
If you are moving into soil go full organic . All you need is a good soil and some organic nutrients. I use chicken poop, seaweed, blood fish bone and pot ash. It's as simple as that.

you can lst Autoflowers. You could lst any plant.

I started out thinking I had to do LST on autos to get a good yield. Some of the autos I have grown do fine without it but I grow outside now for the most part under the sun and the plants grow fine with one or two toppings. I use LST and repeated toppings when I find the right photo strains that are ready to harvest before freezing temperatures outside. I have a short growing season and also need to keep plants out of sight below a fence to comply with the state law of not being visible to the public. Limits me to six feet tall. Autos are easier to keep short and out of public view.

I don't have a field, more like a plot and the strain I planted with 75 seedlings is a very small strain, seeds are a homemade cross and regular non-feminised seeds so I expect to cull 50% of the plants that could be male. I really didn't expect to get so many to actually germinate the way I planted them. Apparently, I got 100% germination by just tossing the seeds onto raked up ground.

I spend more time making seeds last year and so far this year than growing weed for consumption. When you grow your own you can get more than enough for personal use. I recently gave 5 ounces to some neighbors and still had enough left over to last for years from my first grow two years ago when it became legal. Being in a legal state with the some of the highest grow and possession limits for home growers makes it easy to grow too much in my short growing season.

I used to do a lot of LST on autos but I am just too lazy. Now, I just top above the 4th node around day 18 and let her grow. You may get a better yield with proper LST techniques. You may have a bad result. It is all part of farming.

MYTH Busted! There are many many skilled autoflower growers here that happily LST their Autos.

I apologize for being a bit bristly earlier. It just ruffled me feathers for some reason. I really like DWC. It is just too hot for proper reservoir temperatures here without chillers that I cannot accommodate in my space. In the winter months I could do DWC but the rock wool has become routine.

:greenthumb:

Ok u see... I was told LST on an auto would do more harm than good. I was also told that u never ever chop autos at any nodes. I am damn glad I found this place and u guys cuz it would've been a disaster listening to those other guys.

No need to apologize brotha. I fell in love with DWC since my very first grow. Only reason im going with soil now is cuz I was being fed a bunch of BS, otherwise I would've been makin bubbles already. IDK why soil intimidates me so much. Who knows... I might find it as fun or even more than DWC. I just really appreciate all u guys help.

If you are moving into soil go full organic . All you need is a good soil and some organic nutrients. I use chicken poop, seaweed, blood fish bone and pot ash. It's as simple as that.

So u dont use any nutes like GH? Just those things gives the plant everything it needs to thrive? Thats wasup! Well ive already got everything bought so I may as well give it a shot. Since im only doing 1 plant at a time, I see this first grow as a learning experience so I hopefully dont repeat the same mistakes. But I like your idea... I might give it a whirl down the line. Thx.

I started out thinking I had to do LST on autos to get a good yield. Some of the autos I have grown do fine without it but I grow outside now for the most part under the sun and the plants grow fine with one or two toppings. I use LST and repeated toppings when I find the right photo strains that are ready to harvest before freezing temperatures outside. I have a short growing season and also need to keep plants out of sight below a fence to comply with the state law of not being visible to the public. Limits me to six feet tall. Autos are easier to keep short and out of public view.

I don't have a field, more like a plot and the strain I planted with 75 seedlings is a very small strain, seeds are a homemade cross and regular non-feminised seeds so I expect to cull 50% of the plants that could be male. I really didn't expect to get so many to actually germinate the way I planted them. Apparently, I got 100% germination by just tossing the seeds onto raked up ground.

I spend more time making seeds last year and so far this year than growing weed for consumption. When you grow your own you can get more than enough for personal use. I recently gave 5 ounces to some neighbors and still had enough left over to last for years from my first grow two years ago when it became legal. Being in a legal state with the some of the highest grow and possession limits for home growers makes it easy to grow too much in my short growing season.

Well thankfully I have 5 seeds each of 3 strains. So im definitely gonna experiment a lil and see what works and what doesn't. On my 1st 2 grows I used regular seeds and I had them in a closet so I had to clip and LST them.

Ok dude but still.... 75 seedlings? Man what I would give to be able to do that. I would never step inside my house. On both my 1st 2 grows I would literally spend hours just sitting in the closet looking at them. I genuinely had a shit ton of fun and was hooked from the jump!

So u dont use any nutes like GH? Just those things gives the plant everything it needs to thrive? Thats wasup! Well ive already got everything bought so I may as well give it a shot. Since im only doing 1 plant at a time, I see this first grow as a learning experience so I hopefully dont repeat the same mistakes. But I like your idea... I might give it a whirl down the line. Thx.
Some liquid feed are salt based and don't do well in soil. Been there . I used general hydroponics feed to and ran into countless problems. All part of learning a .

Back