Grow Mediums Multipoint Auto Pot Experiment

I'm finishing one based on Cree CXA 2530 cobs. I'm mounting 5 per 40" x4.85" and I have 2 heatsinks so far. I'm using Meanwell HLG-185H C-1050B drivers run at 700mw, for total of 253.4 watts Not sure of the PPF etc

Nice pop i was thinking of doing a cree a while back but was to lazy.but i really need to get my ass in gear and make a couple of bar lights

I'm planning a third light using citizen CLU048 1812 chips. Easily the equal of a Cree CXB 3580 for 1/2 the price that can save me $90 per light over CXB 3590. And at $19 each, WITH cob holder it beats the hell out of my CXA 2530s for output by at least 3x1, and the s530's were $10 each plus $2 each for holders.

Never heard of those chips before i am gonna check those out,if they equall the cree thats one hell of a bargain chip.good find pop
keep me updated with the build if you dont mind pop,update pics ect ect

I'm planning a third light using citizen CLU048 1812 chips. Easily the equal of a Cree CXB 3580 for 1/2 the price that can save me $90 per light over CXB 3590. And at $19 each, WITH cob holder it beats the hell out of my CXA 2530s for output by at least 3x1, and the s530's were $10 each plus $2 each for holders.

Interesting pop, I thought the same with my grow.... very tight dense buds, but short.... after a lot of thought and process of elimination, I also have concluded, "more light needed".

So, I am trying a Lmatek Digital 600w 400v setup this grow...

I keep thinking about building a light bar of some sort, it's on my list of projects (when I find time).

Maybe towards the end of this grow, if things still need a boost, I will take a look at building one. Very interested in whatever you come up with for a design.

Karma Pop...

update:

Sorry, I'm struggling to keep updates going, got some physical issues going on. Its slowed me down for a while.

Plants are looking great! Sadly, the plant I transplanted form the greenhouse was a male........... But all 4 other plants are females! May hit a branch or 2 with STS and make some fem seed for my regular grows. All the ladies are in bloom! I moved the smallest plant under the light after I chopped the male so we'll see if she pics up a little extra growth. All plants are good size though and all have good color. Seagrow does the job again!

they look droopy because I have them on 18/6 and took the pic after the light had been out a bit. being autos, the room is never totally dark and taking pics doesn't have an effect.

Blue Dragons pic1 -8-14-2016.jpg

update:

Sorry, I'm struggling to keep updates going, got some physical issues going on. Its slowed me down for a while.

Plants are looking great! Sadly, the plant I transplanted form the greenhouse was a male........... But all 4 other plants are females! May hit a branch or 2 with STS and make some fem seed for my regular grows. All the ladies are in bloom! I moved the smallest plant under the light after I chopped the male so we'll see if she pics up a little extra growth. All plants are good size though and all have good color. Seagrow does the job again!

they look droopy because I have them on 18/6 and took the pic after the light had been out a bit. being autos, the room is never totally dark and taking pics doesn't have an effect.

View attachment 616781

Looking great pop,are you seeing much difference with and without airdomes ?

The plant at the right rear is(was..lol ) the largest, and has one of the AIT unit in it. The other was in the pot that had the male damn it! The female in the pot with air put on size and flowered faster than the others. But, the male was big and bushy. I'll probably run these pots again with the AIT next grow and run some fem seed, maybe Blueberry Domina in them.

Looking great pop,are you seeing much difference with and without airdomes ?

Ok, guess I have too many irons in the fire...

The plants are all doing fine, the 4 that remain. The only BD with an AIT is the one on the right rear as the other plant turned out to be a male. The plant with air is about done at 70 days. Three others have maybe three more weeks. And then there's The Beast.....lurking in the left rear corner...She just keeps getting bigger and bigger, think I have a photo in the mix, it can happen.

I'll have picks new pics tomorrow. here from the last few days:

L-side plants pic1 -8-25-2016.jpg
R-side plants.jpg

At this point I'd say, that the soil and coco are about dead even as to plant size. I'll compare buds at the end, but I doubt there will be much difference.
The big plant simply doesn't count, being that it won't auto, it should have been well into flower now. The other 2 are rather slow, 70-75 days is average for Blue Dragon

Ok, guess I have too many irons in the fire...

The plants are all doing fine, the 4 that remain. The only BD with an AIT is the one on the right rear as the other plant turned out to be a male. The plant with air is about done at 70 days. Three others have maybe three more weeks. And then there's The Beast.....lurking in the left rear corner...She just keeps getting bigger and bigger, think I have a photo in the mix, it can happen.

I'll have picks new pics tomorrow. here from the last few days:

View attachment 623351 View attachment 623352

Wow pop that one left back is going to be huge,have you got anywhere you can stick her on her own to 12/12 her?

I guess at this point, it comes down to what the roots look like maybe? I'd definitely be down to see another run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She will go into the 4x4 tent with my lady's Shining Silver Haze, and I'll put the 2 Blueberry in the small tent till the get bigger.

Wow pop that one left back is going to be huge,have you got anywhere you can stick her on her own to 12/12 her?

Back