Grow Mediums Multipoint Auto Pot Experiment

I've been testing Root Maker's seedling pots. they are designed to do just what he says: Develope the first 4" of the root system. Also, auto pots with air domes grow plants with almost no tap root, at least that's been my experience.

Give this a watch, Pop. He grows them, "kills" the taproot, transplants and they explode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon as my drying rack is down and out of the way, I'll get some pics! Awesome harvest going on though, had to go out and buy a case of jars!

Anyway, I wanted to talk about reaching limits. Maybe its only us growers on a budget, but, I just realize I had proof of what maxing out one system, does to another. With the right strains, auto pots, even the standard 3.9 gallon pots, can grow huge plants, maybe pounders! Those of us that have used them for a couple of grows are still going WOW!

I just finished a photo period Sweet Seeds Green Poison. 4 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower. They were short but heavily branched. I probably got 4-6 oz per plant. BUT, more than half the buds were small, very small, yet hard as rock! At first I thought, hmm,strange genetics!

Then it dawned on me. These girls were getting max nutrients and lots of room to grow. What was lacking? LIGHT! Them 2 "600" watt cheapy lights, just don't have the juice to make the plants max out! So this is incentive for me to finish my DIY light.

Soon as my drying rack is down and out of the way, I'll get some pics! Awesome harvest going on though, had to go out and buy a case of jars!

Anyway, I wanted to talk about reaching limits. Maybe its only us growers on a budget, but, I just realize I had proof of what maxing out one system, does to another. With the right strains, auto pots, even the standard 3.9 gallon pots, can grow huge plants, maybe pounders! Those of us that have used them for a couple of grows are still going WOW!

I just finished a photo period Sweet Seeds Green Poison. 4 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower. They were short but heavily branched. I probably got 4-6 oz per plant. BUT, more than half the buds were small, very small, yet hard as rock! At first I thought, hmm,strange genetics!

Then it dawned on me. These girls were getting max nutrients and lots of room to grow. What was lacking? LIGHT! Them 2 "600" watt cheapy lights, just don't have the juice to make the plants max out! So this is incentive for me to finish my DIY light.
Yep i agree pop i only had 190w actuall draw on my brooklyn sunrise and still got 231g in an autopot,but i know she would of gone over 300g easy with 400w

I'm finishing one based on Cree CXA 2530 cobs. I'm mounting 5 per 40" x4.85" and I have 2 heatsinks so far. I'm using Meanwell HLG-185H C-1050B drivers run at 700mw, for total of 253.4 watts Not sure of the PPF etc

What diy light you doing bro,cree ?

I'm planning a third light using citizen CLU048 1812 chips. Easily the equal of a Cree CXB 3580 for 1/2 the price that can save me $90 per light over CXB 3590. And at $19 each, WITH cob holder it beats the hell out of my CXA 2530s for output by at least 3x1, and the s530's were $10 each plus $2 each for holders.

Back