Indoor MrAutoGrower Grows Mephisto - Purple Nuggets, 3Wok OG & Jammy Dodgers

Plugged it into same wet bud on plant and gives me different readings also on soft wood mode. Annoying as

Not sure what soft wood mode is but it might be more sensitive. My meter only has, wood, gypsum and 0-100 scales.

Not sure what soft wood mode is but it might be more sensitive. My meter only has, wood, gypsum and 0-100 scales.
It has different modes. Soft wood, hard wood, packaging (cardboard, paper type of tests), and building. I found a post somewhere and they stated that they use “soft wood” mode for cannabis

It has different modes. Soft wood, hard wood, packaging (cardboard, paper type of tests), and building. I found a post somewhere and they stated that they use “soft wood” mode for cannabis

I think once you select a mode and figure out your preferred moisture %, you'll be good to go for future grows. Growing pains

Make sure to always clean the probes with iso between readings, the trichs can throw the readings off per @Mañ'O'Green

I had buds in the range of 14-16% moisture and in the grovebag humidity was 57%..
I shoot for 62-65 in the bags, 62 preferably but I've found they settle down to 62 nicely. I personally prefer 60-62% for my smoke, 57 for me feels too dry but everyone has their own preferences! I think my meter read 16ish when I bagged my last batch. They hung around 67% when they went into bags so I left them open for like 2 days and they settled down to 65%, then I sealed and they have been hanging around 62% consistently which is perfect for me.

I have found they settle from 65% ish, but they have to stay properly sealed, when I first tried them I kept opening the bag because the meter showed circa 67% +, panic open the bag - I did that for ages, from what I learned, the more the bag is opened the more random the fluctuations as the breathable tech cannot do its job.
I can't remember where I was reading it, but I read a post from the guys at Grove bags, they swear by the fact that you throw it in at 11% moisture level and it will adjust to get to the right place (up or down) and keep it there, I haven't tried with overly dry buds to see if it brings the levels up. I dont have a moisture metre s I have been playing and found that at 65% then heat sealed works great - I have not had an issue, what comes out the other end is lovely.

I have found they settle from 65% ish, but they have to stay properly sealed, when I first tried them I kept opening the bag because the meter showed circa 67% +, panic open the bag - I did that for ages, from what I learned, the more the bag is opened the more random the fluctuations as the breathable tech cannot do its job.
I can't remember where I was reading it, but I read a post from the guys at Grove bags, they swear by the fact that you throw it in at 11% moisture level and it will adjust to get to the right place (up or down) and keep it there, I haven't tried with overly dry buds to see if it brings the levels up. I dont have a moisture metre s I have been playing and found that at 65% then heat sealed works great - I have not had an issue, what comes out the other end is lovely.
My over dried bud from early grows definitely pulled in more moisture in the bags, after being rather crispy in jars!

My over dried bud from early grows definitely pulled in more moisture in the bags, after being rather crispy in jars!
I love those bags - pleased to hear they can bring things back to life as well! :pass:

My meter only has tree or house no soft wood :crying: You need to be sure to poke the stem inside the buds with the probes.

Although it really does not matter if you are getting consistent readings that say 14-16% = 57 RH in a jar with a good hygrometer. You need to do this test in a jar because the Grove Bag controls RH. Then a 17-19% on your meter should be closer to 62% RH.

Back