Micron Genetics Experiment

20170521_171548.jpg

Day 51

20170518_102557.jpg

20170518_161250.jpg

20170518_161110.jpg

20170518_193536.jpg

Short Stuff has been dropping pollen since day 31. A few experiments have been initiated, and pollen collected. Will continue to collect, but have removed branches and tops already to reduce pollen accumulation. It is wonderful, as each staminate is cut from its stalk,it lands and leaves a small pile of gold sitting there. So far there have been at least three new crosses begun, the first of which will soon be ready. Patience will produce the finest results. I didn't pollinate much, trying to take a lesson from @mephisto. It is better to pollinate less and allow an individual to produce quality genetics over quantity. Still need adequate meds and couldn't achieve that with direct open air pollination. I learned qtip application years ago, now putting it into full practice. If this works that's already a few crosses created. Each cross has a common thread so making f2's will also BX the Boss Hogg or the Pineapple [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG].

Notes:
By week 8, no matter conditions, she will be ripe. Taking her longer ensures higher density, and stronger terpene expression, but she will begin producing pseudo-seeds throughout her flowers by day 50. Currently working with two distinct phenotypes. [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG] which is preferred for scrog and yield due to flexibility and production. Distinct, heavy musk on surface, but undertones of multiple fruits, floral perfume. [HASHTAG]#17[/HASHTAG] preferred for symmetrical structure and terpene profile. High limonene content produces a taste of Lime rind, which shifts to Orange at times. Altogether citrus pheno as opposed to [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG] Musky incense pheno. However, although the bud structure is more compact like Afghani, it grows in OG fashion. Large internodes with flower clusters instead of larger colas which connect. Stiffer branches which do not cooperate with very much manipulation, not a plus. This pheno will likely be bred and phased out as it stretches at least 250% or more in flower. It is hard to relinquish such a strong limonene profile though.

pseudo-seeds ... new term to me but i have a Sweets Seeds Black Jack ... that looks fully seeded without having any visible hemi or having affected other plants ...

can u please tell me more ?

am i right in thinking these will never ripen and i should just harvest ?

DSC_0015a.JPG
DSC_0016a.JPG
DSC_0017a.JPG

Cheers :pass:

pseudo-seeds ... new term to me but i have a Sweets Seeds Black Jack ... that looks fully seeded without having any visible hemi or having affected other plants ...

can u please tell me more ?

am i right in thinking these will never ripen and i should just harvest ?

View attachment 761540 View attachment 761541 View attachment 761542

Cheers :pass:
Pseudo-seed doesn't normally form the oval shape a seed would. The familiar seam which splits the two halves may not be present. Instead it starts in a few ways. As small, irregular shapes that are either white or black or as small pearl-like objects with a sheen. They may look like swollen calyxes, but the calyxes are empty. They will have one of the variants at its center instead. If you think she's ready, and her trichs are ready, harvest. The Pseudo-seed won't enlarge to mature seed size, but will proliferate within the flowers. This is one of the common underlying traits of strains with higher sativa percentage. It has been present in most autos I've seen as well,such as Critical Jack Auto. Let's look at some pics.
20170607_200814.jpg

20170607_200740.jpg

20170607_200548.jpg

20170607_195611.jpg

As you can see in this vaped flower; the pearl, the small casing, and the irregular variant on the right.

Last edited:
Back