Micron Genetics Experiment

20170425_030852.jpg

The first 22 found when jarring flowers, have not begun breaking open flowers for the rest. Some were ripe and mottled, others were in varying stages of completion. 5 questionable ones, but still worth a try. Micron Genetics is underway.

Although many other names bounce around in the ole skull, I think Micron Genetics sums up this experiment. Looking to make highly resinous individuals suited for tight, micro spaces no taller than knee high at full height. I do love the idea of a 1ft cubic canopy. Broom closets, pc cases, dressers, cabinets, book shelves, windowsills, even the cupboard under the stairs. Many people have just that, and are able to cultivate just 1 or 2 individuals max. The individual cuts having such distinctive sativa lineage crossed with the Short Stuff [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] should produce something with intermediate potency and size, that's the idea anyway. Currently the veg space available to me necessitates compact strains which do not exceed 1.5 feet. Even with T5, things still tend to outgrow space. I will not entertain frustration, but have had to make due in the past with clamp lamps, cfls, and an old hand me down dresser to remain inconspicuous. This only allowed something that was between 12 and 16 inches at full height. Micron Genetics are for the me of yesteryear who could have benefitted from guidance, not scorn and ridicule for having financial limitations. He deserved AFN back then, but didn't know it existed.

Last edited:
As far as potency and physiological response, the genetics should be able to provide a comfortable euphoria without making a person paranoid. The head rush is essential, but the ability to induce disrythmia is not. I have come across some individual strains that would make the heart skip a beat after a big hit. One would inhale, then the heart would stop as one exhaled, then have a large thump and go back to beating. Every single toke would cause a disruption in the heart. This is frightening. Micron Genetics are about calm and Zen, not making someone think they are going to have a heart attack or something. That kind of anxiety serves an opposite function. Take a toke, inhale the coconut roses, and drift off to sleep after a taxing day, this is what's needed.
The other necessary function is to quell symptoms associated with certain autoimmune diseases and epilepsy. I have patients in my life that bought in to the dispensary hype, but are unable to be self-reliant when finances are low. The dispensaries provide adequate medicine, but with overhead costs on every gram of wax, it is impossible to treat chronic issues. Thus times of plenty, and times of famine, control their condition. Unacceptable. A person needs to have strains available to them that can sustain daily uses of topicals and coconut oil gel caps without worry.
There is a large gap present between the medical and recreational, and above all I consider my patient friends. Recreational is how I began, but medical is the future. Think of lil Makayla and what RSO did for her. All ages deserve respite from pain including those unable to express their pain.

Lineage: Mr. Nice Genetics. Shit (original Skunk 1- Acupulco Gold, Columbian Gold, Afghani Indica)
From Mr. Nice site
Heritage: Shit
Category: The Naturals - Old school genetics
Family of breed: Skunk#1 (Dom. Afghan) x Skunk#1
Breeder: Nevil and Shantibaba's
Preferred medium: Bio and Hydro, Indoors and outdoors/greenhouse
Expected yield: indoor expect 550-650 g/m2 G/h & outdoor +/- 500 g/plant
Flowering period: Expected indoor flowering time is between 40-50 days. In the northern hemisphere it will be completed by Sep. to early Oct.and in the southern hemisphere by late March to early April.
Recommendations: For the inexperienced growers to the most advanced. Extremely hardy plant and excellent in greenhouses.
Special Notes: It is one of the best all round plants to grow and flower since its flowering cycle is +/- 7 weeks in all types of grows especially suited to greenhouses.

Notes:
By week 8, no matter conditions, she will be ripe. Taking her longer ensures higher density, and stronger terpene expression, but she will begin producing pseudo-seeds throughout her flowers by day 50. Currently working with two distinct phenotypes. [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG] which is preferred for scrog and yield due to flexibility and production. Distinct, heavy musk on surface, but undertones of multiple fruits, floral perfume. [HASHTAG]#17[/HASHTAG] preferred for symmetrical structure and terpene profile. High limonene content produces a taste of Lime rind, which shifts to Orange at times. Altogether citrus pheno as opposed to [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG] Musky incense pheno. However, although the bud structure is more compact like Afghani, it grows in OG fashion. Large internodes with flower clusters instead of larger colas which connect. Stiffer branches which do not cooperate with very much manipulation, not a plus. This pheno will likely be bred and phased out as it stretches at least 250% or more in flower. It is hard to relinquish such a strong limonene profile though.
As well I have my male Shit for pollen. So far one of the most stable strains I've encountered.
To note, I am not fond of the monocre, so with respect to Mr.Nice and all, I will simply refer to the Phenotypes by their respective numbers which I prefer for notation anyway.

Last edited:
Lineage. Cali Connection. Boss Hogg- Chem 4 x Chem 4 BX. The backcross lineage has not been divulged so who knows about that, you think Swerve would be a sport and tell me, but alas. I would add a description from the company, but every write up says little about it. To paraphrase. Boss Hogg was named after the Dukes of Hazzard character due to its nutrient requirements and yield potential. Chem 4 was known as the Dog Butte pheno by its discoverees, Chem Dog and friends unknown, because it was extremely reminiscent of flower they had consumed at Dog Butte. Derived from the same batch of seeds that gave the world Chemdawg. A large yielder, extremely resinous.
I can attest to it all, as generalized as it is. Heaviest yielding individual female I've come across. Greasy to the touch, even now after a 16 month cure. Dankest chem flavor, Earthy, microbial, potent.

Last edited:
Lineage: TGA Pennywise
From TGA website
After years of research and testing we have finally developed a hybrid with very high CBD. In over 70% of tested samples the CBD was in the range of 12-15% CBD and equal parts of THC as well. For those patients looking for a High CBD strain with great flavor this is your admission ticket to something special.

Phenotypes: There are 4 main phenotypes. All have virtually the same smell and taste and all buds tend to show some purple. The main difference between phenotypes is in the bud structure and the dominant color; buds are either fingery or round, with pale green or purple as their chief color. The purple buds are particularly impressive.
Height: Short to Medium
Yield: Medium
Recommended for Indoor and Outdoor. This strain is super powdery mildew resistant.
Best way to grow:
Topped once, limited stretch on most phenotypes.
Harvest: 60-67
Sat/Ind: 20/80
Hybrid: Harlequin x Jack The Ripper
High Type: Clear head with a slow onset body and an immediate sense of well being. The analgesic and relaxing properties of the CBD rich Harlequin mother come through nicely and the invigorating pep you get from the JTR high makes this an amazing all day smoke for with real medicinal value.
Taste/Aroma: Phenotypes range from a fresh ground coffee/pepper to a lemon bubblegum. The smoke is smooth and full bodied.
Notes: CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions including: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, antibiotic-resistant infections and neurological disorders. CBD has demonstrated neuroprotective effects, and its anti-cancerpotential. (Citing from ProjectCBD.org)

Notes:
The flower actually contains many of those terpenes in one flower instead of multiple phenotypes, although some can be more dominant. Already experienced two distinct phenotypes of Pennywise, the Limonene-rich JTR pheno, and the Coffee Harlequin pheno. Each had subtle notes of the other, both had Bubblegum notes. Bubblegum is a difficult flavor to pinpoint as gum is different everywhere. The best way to describe that profile is very sweet, almost berry with a chem overtone. The Pennywise flower currently would primarily smell of columbian roast, but broken open the bubblegum terpenes leak out. It started out completely lemon and changed profiles when it cured, it is still changing.

Last edited:
Back