Mg defc? Gbd soil. Week two from seed

Reaction score

Problem: looks like mg defc to me

Medium/grow method: roots organic original top layer with ewc(20%) and dolomite lime mixed in(1or 2tbs per gal, i think it was 2)
Roots with gbd super soil mix and ewc (20%)bottom layer

Feed: and supplements used:
So far just ph adjusted water to 6.5 with recharge(every 4 days) and spraying optic foliar overgrow every three days.

water source:
Bubbled tap ph adjusted to 6.5

Strain/age:
Blue toof, hbbss, mumbling dragon all about 2 weeks old from seed.

light used: 24/0 -spectrum king 100w closet case. I just moved the light all the way up in my 2x2x5ft tent so the plants are about 35in away. They were 24in away so im not sure if the light was too close. According to spectrum king its 18-24in veg and 10-18in flower. I will lst and let them grow towards the light.

Climate: 24/0 constant 50% rh and 79f.

Additional info:

Im confused why i would have any defc, i thought i had everything covered.

Thanks in advance for the help:bighug::pass:

Day 14 Hbbss two gallon pot
IMG_4353.JPG

Day 15 Mumbling dragon half gallon pot
IMG_4354.JPG

Day 15 Blue toof one gallon pot.
IMG_4356.JPG

Last edited:
Really don't look to bad but I would start feeding veg nutes at half dosage and a light dosage of cal/mag.Good you moved light up but if you see her stretch too much move it down slightly .

Really don't look to bad but I would start feeding veg nutes at half dosage and a light dosage of cal/mag.Good you moved light up but if you see her stretch too much move it down slightly .
With ewc and gbd soil i still need veg nutes?
I was thinking just a light feed of camg?

They all got sprayed with overgrow today and not all needed water. I think this leaf problem might just be them getting into the gbd layer or something. Everything they need should be in the soil plus im spraying overgrow every three days so i dont think they need anything yet.

Not saying you are wrong @namvet25 i would just like more opinions before i add anything.
:pass:

Last edited:
With ewc and gbd soil i still need veg nutes?
I was thinking just a light feed of camg?:pass:
If you think your soil has enough amendments in then skip veg nutes for now but eventually you might have to add some nutes especially during flowering but it's your call to make.

:toke:-- yeah, odd to see this so soon, if at all,... she might not be that deep into the GBD mix yet too,... foliar spray some epsoms salts, 1tsp/qt with wetting agent preferably, to get better coverage and "sticking", tops and bottoms of leaves,... some Ca-mg in thw water will be fine too...consider getting a good soil pH probe, like the Accurate 8,... confirming the pH will eliminate any guessing on the possibility of being off,.... I'd hold off on the nutes for sure,.. maybe during bloom, some boosters can be used, but cross that bridge when you get there!

:toke:-- yeah, odd to see this so soon, if at all,... she might not be that deep into the GBD mix yet too,... foliar spray some epsoms salts, 1tsp/qt with wetting agent preferably, to get better coverage and "sticking", tops and bottoms of leaves,... some Ca-mg in thw water will be fine too...consider getting a good soil pH probe, like the Accurate 8,... confirming the pH will eliminate any guessing on the possibility of being off,.... I'd hold off on the nutes for sure,.. maybe during bloom, some boosters can be used, but cross that bridge when you get there!
I was wondering how often you would hit them with the Epsom foliar before waiting to see a positive change? Went through almost identical probs. on first grow.

...hey Stedi'-- for defc. treatment, 3 foliar applications over a week or so, then 1/4 tsp/L weekly in soil/medium drench,... foliar is the fastest always, and Mg is readily taken up by leaves,... correction should show withing a few days,...

Ive been spraying optic foliar overgrow every three days and ive top dressed roots elemental camg powder and fed with GO camg+ (no N formula).
Some are doing better than others. Let me know what you think. I should probably step up the concentration of the feeds because i was doing only 1ml camg per 20-30oz water or so. And the top dress was half strength.
Thanks again for the help @Waira @namvet25 @orrganic
Im also wondering if i should just load up the dolomite lime in the soil before my next grow to prevent these issues? I think i did one or two tbs per gallon of soil this time. Maybe i should do 3 or 4 tbs/gal of soil next time?

I really hate having issues like this when my goal is to have simple “water only” grows with the gbd/mephisto super soil.

I will check soil ph tomorrow with the accurate 8 probe. Pretty sure its good i checked a few days ago on one and i always feed/water 6.5

Hbbss day 22 two gallon pot.
92A91683-AC43-4A02-8CDA-C4B0469688BB.jpeg

Double grape one gallon pot day 15. This one was odd and lanky from the start. Reminds me of a photo clone or something.
A28002A0-4788-48EA-B545-AD0C33CD4FB0.jpeg

Mumbling dragon day 22 from reg seed.
Half gallon pot
im looking out for pistils any day now so i can know its a female and spray sts.
44D63777-5C39-4A7A-A513-2FA1529705CD.jpeg

Sodk x fantasmo express day 22 two gallon pot
34DF78BC-9FBA-4FCD-9B15-5759FBB4C6BA.jpeg

Blue toof day 22 one gallon pot
02BBF9FE-7FB6-4260-9C37-66A93FEA066E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back