Indoor Mephisto Sour Livers (blues) Last Chance Auto's

Day 58

All is well, the 4 slow CDLC are starting to come on now, the other 2 may very well be ready for day 70 but we will see. Since the slower ladies have messed up my schedule I have decided that I won't be sticking to theirs and instead will experiment and learn a little. I am also now convinced that there are 6 CDLC and 5 Sour livers. Also did a little cleaning of arms and leaves, I have been getting a little lazy during this confusion and getting illness after illness in a row.

First experiment is to take the most mature plant today, me and froot think it is a heavy sour crack pheno due to the finish time. It has had 5 days flush so why not take it early but within Mephisto's stated time frame and see what the results are? In my mind this will help me if I am ever really stuck for time, If I am forced to work within a 2 month cycle then I will know there is definitely a strain out there good enough and what the results will likely be like, which i think is very useful knowledge.

There is another one of the girls I will take between now and day 70. Its a funny one because the sour crack pheno looked further along than this other smaller girl but looking at the trich's the smaller younger looking plant had more cloudy trichs nearly 100% but the crack pheno was showing 10% clear 90%ish cloudy with a very small percent showing signs of ambering up. I will just keep my eyes on the trichs then as soon as I am a little bored I will take her as she is already on flush.

On day 70 I will harvest the remaining 3 sour Livers and then push the CDLC aslong as I can. I must admit the smells coming from the CDLC is very special, 2 high high high chem like offensive makes you pull your nose away (love it) and then 4 stardawg with a chem after tone, its almost like stardawg haze. In my opinion this strain should be Re-named to "The Dogs Bollox" imagine the art, a British bulldog from behind with massive shiny trich covered bollox :crying::crying:

Here are a few pictures, hope everyone is well.
Group shot.jpgtime to go.jpg yum yum.jpg

Attachments

• time to go.jpg
    time to go.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 77
  • yum yum.jpg
    yum yum.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 69
look at those spears you hauled off that fast girl! and the rest of ‘em in the room!! :worship::worship:
mate

killing these plants every time, I can’t wait to see what you make of these CDLC, the super-chem variety you’ve got sound divine :vibe:

look at those spears you hauled off that fast girl! and the rest of ‘em in the room!! :worship::worship:
mate

killing these plants every time, I can’t wait to see what you make of these CDLC, the super-chem variety you’ve got sound divine :vibe:

Thanks mate they were honestly so easy to trim it was a pleasure. I can't wait either, one of them is just so covered in frost its white. I'm going to try and get some normal light shots of her so the amount of frost really stands out in comparison to everything else. It must be at least 2x the frost of anything else in the room :drool:

Nice! Best thing to do is search strain here. Be sure to look at more than one grow also and you will save time on what you are looking for. Also it never hurts to go with the older strains also. They tend to be really stable, from what I've searched anyway.

the frostiness of the Chem really took me by surprise, combined with the amount of grease these babies produce it makes the underside of some of the sugar leaves appear to literally drip.

difficult to capture in photos I found but looking forward to seeing your Ice Queen (or was it crusty dog balls?) :rofl:

Today is day 62, I took another of the smaller Sour Livers today.

I think I will spilt to the next two harvests into groups of 4 and 5. I will harvest 4 on day 70 as per my usual schedule and push 5 as long as I can. The 4 slower CDLC are really coming along now and I can clearly tell which 1 was started 3 days late. To be honest I feel like a bit of a whinger at the moment as all but one of the CDLC could be took at day 70 now if it was needed but I will still push the 4 until I think they are finished as I really do like this strain in terms of density and smell. This should give me an idea of max finish time which will let me decide when to do another cycle of the CDLC as long as the taste matches the smell, which i'm pretty sure it does due to the comments on AFN and other places.

I'm also beginning to understand how my parabolic reflectors work, this cycle I placed my smallest plants directly under the vertical hanging bulbs and the larger one's around as to me this made the most sense in terms of light spread over the full room. What I have found is that the light is most strong directly under the bulb and therefore the smaller plants grew many arms but in a very compact and upright fashion, meaning that the light getting to the lower arms was limited giving me my first bits of what we call in my parts "goon bud" (fluffy, not much density). Once I know what the total harvest weight was I will then be able to decide whether this is the ideal position to place the plants, rather than continually moving them as well as spinning the pots. Maybe even removing all lower growth rather than most may also help but I'm thinking more along the lines of tying all the arms down on the smaller ones next cycle so that the light can really penetrate.

I'm going to try and take some really good pics of the CDLC over the next few days, I was messing with the settings on my S9 and couldn't really find many settings for the taking of photo's but I'm sure there are a few that could help me really bring the colours out and drop the flash. If anyone else has a S9 or samsung and has some tips that would be great, I'm going to have a look through youtube in the meantime.

Hope everyone is well, here are a few shots of the Sour Livers taken today :smoking:

close up.jpg complete.jpg top down.jpg

if you've got an excuse to keep those CDLC going just a bit longer i think they will reward you mate, i can only imagine how good the stuff would be if left to mature to amber nicely. i'm getting anxious hoping it'll live up to expectations but you've got 2 or 3 phenos going on so i'm sure at least one of them is going to rock your world!

sorry mate i've got no tips on the S9, i'm betting the subjects are photogenic enough anyway :photog:

lovely stacked Livers you got there, buds look delicious! doesn't appear like you have any issues with light penetration from here!

if you've got an excuse to keep those CDLC going just a bit longer i think they will reward you mate, i can only imagine how good the stuff would be if left to mature to amber nicely. i'm getting anxious hoping it'll live up to expectations but you've got 2 or 3 phenos going on so i'm sure at least one of them is going to rock your world!

sorry mate i've got no tips on the S9, i'm betting the subjects are photogenic enough anyway :photog:

lovely stacked Livers you got there, buds look delicious! doesn't appear like you have any issues with light penetration from here!

Yeah the CDLC are really coming along now, I have one that resembles the rubber/fresh trainer smell you described :drool: I'd say day 77 or there about's will be when I take them but we are in the world of autos so who knows :shrug:

Thanks mate the amount of effort I have to put in to get some decent space and then squatting on me toes while leaning back and trying to stay still, really makes it quite a chore to take some decent pics most of the time, tho I should be able to get some lovely ones now a few are out of the way.

The outside buds are ok mate its the inner buds lower down that suffered, never had any plants grow so vertical and straight, every main cola was touching the main cola next to it hahaha
To be fair a couple are like that, I think when the weather took a turn for the worse I must have had my reflector too low trying to keep the girls nice and warm.

I'm not really an amber guy, Had too many bad experiences where the quality of the whole product was sacrificed for the sake of trying to get loads of amber so I stick to say 20% amber and then its culling time. I really am into perfect looking buds, I don't like any uneven growth or fox tailing which seems to happen when I have tried to go for loads of amber. Thinking of it tho that is years and years ago so the reasons could be varied and many, I will do some research and maybe try to push a few further?

Hope your good mate and before I forget can I ask where you picked up those pipe cleaners to hold the arms of the ripleys down? I really need something like that but have no idea where to buy them from except say B and Q but our local one is the size of a small town :biggrin:

Hope you and the other half are good mate :thumbsup:

oh lovely mate, i thought that rubbery smell would wear off but it still lingers, but, weirdly, left to dry out on the tray overnight (a bit too dry) and it becomes very Stardawg in smell. doesn't have that sour taste that Stardawg does, but the blatant Stardawg phenos you have may well do :bow:! that's not to say she's not tasty of course.

vertical and straight - EXACTLY how i'd describe how my Sour Livers wanted to grow - she was very happy within the confines of her pot footprint, and i had to open her up with pipe cleaners - i just ordered a pack off the 'bay or similar, cheap as chips for a bumper pack. easy to attach to my plastic pots but you might want some clips or something for the fabric pots - i'll be looking in to the same thing so let me know if you figure out a good method. my fabric pots are due tomorrow! i'd like to get this seedling potted up soon, bit slower than what i'm used to but maybe that's just cause she's in a little pot to start with. i went with 15L fabric pots but i will be getting some smaller ones too.
on the fluffy popcorn goon bud :eyebrows: i put the whole lot of it in the trim bin for the first round, didn't entertain it at all. on the Tangie, i've found after using them for sampling, i rather quite like smoking them haha. wish i'd kept back some off the first grow, those jars wouldn't be quite as empty now! but they don't look too great i'll admit that.

ah okay well if you've had bad experiences then they should rule all mate, you know what works for you better than any. but 20% amber is what i'd look for anyways, i just didn't have a single amber on the CDLC when i chopped her and it definitely comes through in the smoke, but she's still strictly a night time lady :cheers:

other half is doing well mate thank you, as i'm sat here at work i imagine she is searching around the house for the Tangie buds i have randomly drying out - practically a more fun and rewarding Easter egg hunt :rofl:

Back